CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
GregoryHouse
Dietz
Gamecocks1137
Carolina-Beez
Grit_And_Steel
Badazcock
roosterdude21
Order 66
zcoop
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8798)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1690)
Simple "yes&quo (1369)
Phil Steele just pre (1051)
The Comeback & T (790)
Garcia: Change the R (631)
TeMarcus Blanton (623)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (280)
Wallpaper & Back (250)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Anybody just have that &q
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 18396243573302002427
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material
Default 217 days and a wake-up

Can you imagine 6 consecutive wins over Clemson, another year undefeated at home and Eastern Division Champs? Is it too greedy to want more of the same or even a tad more? How long can a good thing last?

Who among us predicted that last year we'd finished ahead of Georgia, Florida and Tennessee yet wouldn't win the division? Who here thought we'd finish 4th in the polls? Now with 4 teams in the national championship conversation, is it unrealistic for any fan to deeply believe that, if our players are willing to pay glory's off-season price, our beloved Gamecocks could be among them?

Still savoring Connor's senior year, I humbly beg forgiveness for expecting the same or more from Dylan and company. Just one more year and I promise to stop being so greedy! [fingers crossed]

Go Team, Go Cocks!

Thursday, August 28, vs Texas A&M*
Saturday, September 6, vs East Carolina
Saturday, September 13, vs Georgia*
Saturday, September 20, at Vanderbilt*
Saturday, September 27, vs Missouri*
Saturday, October 4, at Kentucky*
Saturday, October 18, vs Furman
Saturday, October 25, at Auburn*
Saturday, November 1, vs Tennessee*
Saturday, November 15, at Florida*
Saturday, November 22, vs South Alabama
Saturday, November 29, at Clemson
Old 01-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 217 days and a wake-up

I miss football now more than I did 5 mins ago.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I'd be willing to bet on that 6th in a row against the taters. Yes we lost a few
good players, but Clemson just lost the remaining portion of their best team
in three decades, and they couldn't get closer than 10 points to us in five years.

They claim our "run of luck" just ran out after losing Clowney, Shaw and
Ellington, yet seemed blind to the fact they just lost McDowell, Boyd, Watkins,
Shuey, Bryant, two upper classmen O/Linemen etc.... yet claim they will
be MUCH better next year.

As for the rest ..... I think the spring is going to be VERY INTERESTING !
We'll have a vet QB stepping in who has been battle tested and won a couple
of BIG games, and handled pressure situations very well. We'll have all but
one of our starting O/linemen back, and one of the Top 3 RBs in the SEC.
Good solid core of WRs. Our question marks will be on defense though.
D/line and secondary. Especially the secondary. That might be our weakest
issue in the past four / five years. We need guys to step up there, and we
need to land a couple more talented DBs in this class IF POSSIBLE. Too early
to tell what we'll have, but looking forward to seeing where it takes us.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

All I know is that November 1st will be painful.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
All I know is that November 1st will be painful.
For which team? Lol

Gamecocks are coming for you guys this time for payback.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talons

^^^THIS!!^^^
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

I'm gonna miss BRUUUUUUUCE!
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Oct. 25th is going to be epic.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I just want to finally beat Auburn.

I mean....
Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #10
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I sometimes forget how great of a game that one was until I watch highlights of it.

Man, that was absolutely unreal.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #11
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Yea, that bowl game against Michigan was one of the best games we've participated in. That and Mizzou this year are the two most exciting, back and forth games in the past four to five years for us, IMO
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:14 PM   #12
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Bruce is gonna be a huge piece missing next year. Yeah.....Shaw threw em but who caught em? He was HUGE this year.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #13
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Bruce is gonna be a huge piece missing next year. Yeah.....Shaw threw em but who caught em? He was HUGE this year.
He will be missed at the start of the season. However, I have a feeling that after the game with uga, we will have a couple (maybe 3) WRs that will become household names for the rest of the season. Unfortunately, at season's end, we will lose at least two of them to the draft.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
I have a feeling Pharaoh Cooper will replace Bruce in the Slot, and still be
used in the Wildcat a good bit as well. Between he and Shaq Roland, I think
Bruce's contributions of the last couple of seasons will not be diminished.
In fact, I am now feeling really good about Shaq Roland's ability to step up
and become our #1 Receiver. Something I didn't think he was capable of
doing going into the season last year. The guy has phenomenal concentration
and really good hands. I can see him as a faster version of Alshon Jeffery.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I hope I will be able to be at that game on October 25.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I hope I will be able to be at that game on October 25.
Hope you can, we'd love to have you. Best tailgating in the conference.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Hope you can, we'd love to have you. Best tailgating in the conference.

Oh no he didn't.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #18
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post

Oh no he didn't.
Lol, darn your white writing lol.