CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
18IsTheMan
Spurrier_Superior_On
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
GoldenSpur7
GH
cockyguitar
trapper82
eatlighting
SouthCGC
My Observations Abou (1971)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1740)
Looking ahead to UGA (1725)
Step back from the l (1250)
Gurley lined up to t (1163)
Who else wants to se (811)
How far do we fall.. (803)
Shon Carson at KR (728)
Shaq Roland (728)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (725)
Looking ahead to UGA
David Williams??
My Observations About USC
USC/ECU 9/6/20114
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
Who else wants to see Con
who is the hot woman in t
UFC 177: TJ Dillishaw vs
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Dylan in the shotgun?

Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit
Default Maddux not going into HOF as Brave.

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/s...-on-cap-012314

I am personally a little upset but it is his choice.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Maddux not going into HOF as Brave.

I have too much respect for that guy to complain. He is a living legend, and probably the most incredible pitcher I have ever seen live. That includes some damn good pitchers, but he was IN THE ZONE. It was mind boggling. The game he pitched, he made the batters look incompetent at the game of baseball
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Class act is Greg Maddux and doesn't snub either city that he loved playing in. Loved him as a Brave.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I loved seeing Maddux, Smoltz and Glavine pitching.

I am glad Maddux is going to the hall and I will always picture him in the glasses and the braves uniform
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

I don't mind this move at all. It makes sense to do this.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly

I "get" it but I don't have to like it. Kinda bummed but whatever makes Mad Dog happy.
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
I "get" it but I don't have to like it. Kinda bummed but whatever makes Mad Dog happy.
Agreed.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

He is also the only person I have ever seen who puts in a dip of Copenhagen in the top lip. That is impressive
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #9
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
He is also the only person I have ever seen who puts in a dip of Copenhagen in the top lip. That is impressive
upper-deckers all day for this guy...

The Maddux thing is a little sad, but he's earned the right to do whatever he wants and i'll still applaud him.

but talking dip is what really gets me going!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #10
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Best pitcher of the live ball era

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #11
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Right decision by him. To me he is both a Brave and a Cubbie. Also doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of both teams (along with the Orioles).

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 PM   #12
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

He'll always be a Brave.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #13
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

The Upper Decker always impressed me. I couldnt imagine doing that on a reg basis, ouch
Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #14
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

He played for both teams but he punched his ticket to Cooperstown as a Brave. Kind of disappointed but always a fan.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:21 AM   #15
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Maddux was the shizz, man - freakish skills. Nothing like seeing those MLBers pounding into ground balls in frustration.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 AM   #16
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

He was a Brave in his prime and Smoltz was better anyways.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #17
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPit

Meh...f*** Atlanta. That city has never done anything for SC.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #18
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Meh...f*** Atlanta. That city has never done anything for SC.
Except for giving us some great football players. Mike Davis for one.

Anyways, not to hijack the thread....This guy is one of the three major pitchers in Braves history who is the reason all those pennants hang up at Turner field. I don't have any problems with his decision. Good for him.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #19
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPitA. Pilgrim rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Except for giving us some great football players. Mike Davis for one.
The state of GA has also taken some great football players from us, so lets just call it a draw.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #20
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
He was a Brave in his prime and Smoltz was better anyways.
I have huge respect for Smoltz, and he definitely had better "stuff" than Maddux, but no way was he a better pitcher.
FurmanCock is online now   Reply With Quote