CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
Cocks N Stuff
gadeneer1986
johnnyb
So Disappointed With (2174)
Rank the QBs under S (1532)
Back like cooked cra (1118)
Tennessee game (700)
Who start on the d l (669)
No Comments on the H (533)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (397)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (198)
So Disappointed With The
Gamecock football Long Te
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat

Old 01-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #21
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

CockyCash: 500
Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit
Default Re: I am officially giving up Facebook

Did the same thing for Lent in 2011. After 40 days I still didn't miss it at all and was a happier person without being on FB. You won't regret your decision, and I'm truly happy for you. No sarcasm. No bull. I'm really glad when I see people walk away from FB. It spoils too much of what's good in communicating with people on a sincere level.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #22
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I check it everyday just to see what my friends are up to. Might post 2-3 times a month, but it's always pics of my kids for relatives and friends to see since they're alway asking about them.

I don't get the grown ups that post 5-10 times a day about random crap.

I think in 5 years or so, FB will be like AOL....a thing of the past.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #23
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I have a facebook account. Signed up about 2 years ago when a guy told
me he wanted me to help put together a kick ass Gamecock facebook page,
complete with Practice updates, recruiting info, personal editorials about the
teams and programs etc..... sounded like a good idea. I created an account
and the whole idea went nowhere. Dude that was going to start it, moved to
Houston, and is on F/Book now about once a month.

I connected with a few old friends from HS days and some ex co workers,
the majority of which post about once a week to express how badly their
lives are going. ... the few family members that I am "friends" with there are
going through their own problems and I make it a point not to get involved
with their feuds. With all that, I have basically gotten down to signing onto
F/B about once every couple of weeks and even then, I'm back off of it in
about 5 minutes.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I agree that it has gotten ridiculous. I just keep mine to keep up with friends that no longer live in the area and for some planning of group events. I can't stand when people post about every little life problem they encounter.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #25
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

CT is the extent of my social media. Don't have FB, Twitter, Vine, MySpace, Instagram...
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #26
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Ehh...forums are the only social media I do
Forums are the back alleys of social media
Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #27
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
CT is the extent of my social media. Don't have FB, Twitter, Vine, MySpace, Instagram...
Same here
Old 01-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #28
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Forums are the back alleys of social media
And the CT political forum is the mosh pit
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #29
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Never had one. Wife did. Seems boring
Same here.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #30
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
One thing I've never understood, though...
And, no offense to the OP (but maybe he/she can provide insight on this question)

But why do people announce when they're leaving facebook?
If you're going to deactivate your account...ok, just do it.
So people you have relationships know you're leaving and won't think you are ignoring them. It is just a polite announcement like saying goodbye at a party.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #31
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Attention whore.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #32
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I quit FB on July 31, 2013. I haven't missed it a day since then. It's one of the best things I've done. I feel like I have my life back. I never realized what a time suck and a completely waste of time FB was until I stopped being on there. I don't plan on going back. One of the best decisions I've made in recent months.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #33
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Maybe they need to start a Facebook Anonymous group...some of you sound like you gave up dope
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #34
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Some people like to use it WAY TOO MUCH. I love the ignorant opinions of the hottest topics of the day baked with half-truths. It's da bomb!

I'll probably phase it out of my life in the next year

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #35
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I don't use it near as much as I used to. Too many adds, they change things around too much, and yes, too much drama. I stay on it because I have a sister in Seattle and she has a 6 month old little girl, and she posts pictures and videos of her a lot. That's how I get to "see" her everyday. Also have family in Tennessee, Atlanta, North Carolina, and Rock Hill. I don't post a lot though.

Twitter is A LOT more fun and useful than Facebook.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #36
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Never joined. I like to be a bit more off the grid

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #37
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

If you're going to do it, go the whole way and actually delete the account. That way you'll know if it's really what you want. How? Because the only way the account actually gets deleted is if you request it and then don't log in for 14 days. If you find yourself thinking, "Man, I need to check facebook," then you'll end up logging in and undoing the delete request. But if you're anything like I was when I deleted my account (2.5 years ago) then you'll never miss it.

I technically have a twitter account, but I never check it, so it's basically a waste. Besides, the only "people" I follow are my wife, two of my colleges, and I think three friends from those schools.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #38
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Also had issues with deleting my page. First they wanted to know why I was quitting. Then they wanted to me to fill out a survey as to why I was quitting. Then they took the time to ask me several times not to leave. Then they said there would be a 24 hour wait, and If I decided to log back in within the 24 hours my page would not be deleted.

They are very persistent.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #39
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Also had issues with deleting my page. First they wanted to know why I was quitting. Then they wanted to me to fill out a survey as to why I was quitting. Then they took the time to ask me several times not to leave. Then they said there would be a 24 hour wait, and If I decided to log back in within the 24 hours my page would not be deleted.

They are very persistent.
Hey, at least they changed the waiting period, it seems. Welcome (back) to a life with a little more freedom.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #40
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

The only reason I log onto FB is to check Gamecock articles posted. Usually it's something someone already started a thread on in CT, so I don't even waste my time. Who gives a flying **** what someone ate for dinner?