CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
cockyguitar
NinjaSven
GoldenSpur7
eatlighting
Looking ahead to UGA (3091)
My Observations Abou (2755)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1996)
Gurley lined up to t (1457)
Who else wants to se (1354)
Step back from the l (1326)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1038)
How far do we fall.. (996)
Shaq Roland (962)
Shon Carson at KR (833)
I Am Ashamed
David Williams??
Confused fan here. Why i
My Observations About USC
Looking ahead to UGA
Should be interesting in
Time to quit crying.
ECU
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Gurley lined up to take U

Old 01-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material
Default Bluetooth earbuds & beats

Does anyone have bluetooth earbuds that they would recommend? My oldest son wants a pair for his birthday and there are so many options out there, I don't even know where to begin. He'll use them mainly around the house and when working or weightlifting after school.

On another note, my twins want Beats for their birthday. I've read lots of good reviews about them......any actual users here that would recommend them?
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
BigRedCock
↓Little Marcus Lattimore↓

Male

CockyCash: 1700
BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bluetooth earbuds & beats

I use an old pair of Plantronics BackBeats in the gym. It's a short cord that goes behind your head. The newer version have a longer cord which has its pros/cons. They're highly regarded for price/quality.
I got my Dad a pair of LG Tone headphones for Christmas. Its a unique necklace-type design that he likes (imagine a piece of plastic that sits on your neck/collarbone and the headphones extend up from there). Not sure how much it would move around during an active gym routine though.
Another product I considered was a Jabra Clipper. It's a small Bluetooth device that let's you plug any pair of traditional earbuds into (if he has a favorite pair of earbuds he likes or has a unique ear size) that he can attach to his shirt.
I'd recommend checking Amazon and seeing which style he likes.

Beats are cool looking and deliver on sound quality, but expensive. Also the cheaper ones (relative statement) are one solid piece of plastic that I've seen break relatively easily. I'd consider the age of your children and if they'll be gentle on them. Go to a Best Buy and they have a few different brands that you can feel and try out. I'm just not a fan of big clunky over the ear headphones. They're not very portable and are more about making sure everyone sees you wearing these ugly, gaudy, expensive things than enjoying listening to music on the go. I'd take a $100 pair of SkullCandy earbuds that I can put it my pocket and plug into my phone than being forced to carry/wear huge headphones everywhere that scream (steal these when I'm not looking)

Also, buy online. Much cheaper
Old 01-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #3
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedCock View Post
I use an old pair of Plantronics BackBeats in the gym. It's a short cord that goes behind your head. The newer version have a longer cord which has its pros/cons. They're highly regarded for price/quality.
I got my Dad a pair of LG Tone headphones for Christmas. Its a unique necklace-type design that he likes (imagine a piece of plastic that sits on your neck/collarbone and the headphones extend up from there). Not sure how much it would move around during an active gym routine though.
Another product I considered was a Jabra Clipper. It's a small Bluetooth device that let's you plug any pair of traditional earbuds into (if he has a favorite pair of earbuds he likes or has a unique ear size) that he can attach to his shirt.
I'd recommend checking Amazon and seeing which style he likes.

Beats are cool looking and deliver on sound quality, but expensive. Also the cheaper ones (relative statement) are one solid piece of plastic that I've seen break relatively easily. I'd consider the age of your children and if they'll be gentle on them. Go to a Best Buy and they have a few different brands that you can feel and try out. I'm just not a fan of big clunky over the ear headphones. They're not very portable and are more about making sure everyone sees you wearing these ugly, gaudy, expensive things than enjoying listening to music on the go. I'd take a $100 pair of SkullCandy earbuds that I can put it my pocket and plug into my phone than being forced to carry/wear huge headphones everywhere that scream (steal these when I'm not looking)

Also, buy online. Much cheaper
Thanks BRC, I'll check out that bluetooth earbuds you mentioned above.

As for the Beats, those will be mostly used around the house and in the car. They will not be allowed to take them to school. They will be 13, so I was thinking of getting the "cheaper" pair. There are some Beats on amazon that are now discontinued and I think they were in the $170/$180 range. I figured with much of the use being at home and in the car (and their age) I would rather start them out with those.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
BigRedCock

Male

BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
Thanks BRC, I'll check out that bluetooth earbuds you mentioned above.

As for the Beats, those will be mostly used around the house and in the car. They will not be allowed to take them to school. They will be 13, so I was thinking of getting the "cheaper" pair. There are some Beats on amazon that are now discontinued and I think they were in the $170/$180 range. I figured with much of the use being at home and in the car (and their age) I would rather start them out with those.
I looked at them on Amazonů.I didn't know they were discontinued. They are the model that is collapsable (which is good) and the price is right on. Good find
Old 01-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

I had beats. I sold them. Fact is, you can find a pair of headphones just as good for half price. The other fact is, beats are just as much a fashion statement as they are audio equipment. They sound great. I didn't like them being made out of plastic, it felt cheap, a piece of mine broke. Plus mine were noise canceling, so that takes batteries which sucks. But they're good, over priced, but good.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
CCC
Her Modness

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedCock View Post
I looked at them on Amazonů.I didn't know they were discontinued. They are the model that is collapsable (which is good) and the price is right on. Good find
Yep, those were the ones I looked at. The twins have already picked some skins for them
Old 01-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I had beats. I sold them. Fact is, you can find a pair of headphones just as good for half price. The other fact is, beats are just as much a fashion statement as they are audio equipment. They sound great. I didn't like them being made out of plastic, it felt cheap, a piece of mine broke. Plus mine were noise canceling, so that takes batteries which sucks. But they're good, over priced, but good.
This...beats and Bose you are paying a premium for the "name"

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Check out sennheiser and read reviews online.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica are really good brands as well. Beats are cool looking but better sound and build quality can be found for less.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-D...s=beyerdynamic

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 AM   #10
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

I work in retail and sell ear buds on a daily basis. I consider myself to be somewhat of an audiophile. If you get Beats headphones, get a plan with them. They only last like a year and for their cost that is not long at all. You'll probably need to get them replaced within the plans time period. I particularly don't like them because they also distort the sound to favor soundscapes found in pop, rap and techno.

Planotronics makes great Bluetooth devices. I know they make great headsets, so I bet that would translate well to headphones. Though, I've never investigated it.

My favorite brand is Sennheiser. They make some of the best wireless headsets. They have one that I drool over: The Sennheiser RS 220 (Though it is $500!!!). The biggest difference between this headset and Bluetooth headsets is the signal transference method. If you want top end, you'll want a system that'll send uncompressed audio wirelessly. This will help in two areas 1) There will be more clarity and it will mimic a wired connection more closely and 2) There will be less delay so if you're watching a movie, the sound will be synced with the lip movement.

I'm not too familiar with bluetooth headphones but these were recommended as top end options by a site I trust:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2397763,00.asp
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401763,00.asp

Apparently this one is great for the price:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2382822,00.asp
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 AM   #11
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Sennheisner.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #12
CockyandProud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2450
CockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot material

These are the ones I have. I love them.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phone-accessories/lg-HBS730
CockyandProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
BigRedCock

Male

I agree that Beats are over-priced…but if you can find a model for $180, they are appropriately priced. Especially for 13 year olds. Gives them quality headphones, the "it" factor, all for less than $200
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
BigRedCock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyandProud View Post
These are the ones I have. I love them.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phone-accessories/lg-HBS730
I got my dad a pair of those for Christmas. What do you use them for? He just does chores around the house or walks the dog and listens to them
Old 01-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #15
CockyandProud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2450
CockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot material

I use them at the gym, and also in my business to talk while driving, or if I'm at a customer's house, I can talk or listen to music while having both hands free.
CockyandProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
Does anyone have bluetooth earbuds that they would recommend? My oldest son wants a pair for his birthday and there are so many options out there, I don't even know where to begin. He'll use them mainly around the house and when working or weightlifting after school.

On another note, my twins want Beats for their birthday. I've read lots of good reviews about them......any actual users here that would recommend them?
For Beats - I think they are decent, but a little overpriced. An option that provides better sound (seriously) and is comparably priced (maybe a little cheaper) is here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #17
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
CT's resident law student

Male

CockyCash: 500
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material

I had Beats PRO for a little while. Sound quality was nice, but the headphones themselves were very bulky and as someone who is already carrying thick law books around, I just couldn't make it work. I wound up giving the headphones to my sister for Christmas, and went back to using generic earbuds myself.

When I worked at BB, we sold a lot of Sennheiser and Skull Candy (in addition to Beats).

As a student at USC: Gamecocks record 40-25 (21-19)
GO COCKS!
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #18
CCC
Her Modness

Female

I really appreciate all the feedback guys. We went to Best Buy Saturday and the boys hooked up their iPods to the beats there and they weren't as impressed as they thought they would be. We didn't have time to stay and try the other brands, but I've promised them a trip back. They haven't been as enthused with the beats since that trip!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #19
CCC
Her Modness

Female

Several of you have recommended the Sennheiser, so we'll definitely check those out