CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
GamecockSuperFan
cocks are us
robgusc76
El Cid Ranger
A. Pilgrim
taylorssc
ktguen
l^l^lBGCock
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2549)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (1024)
Herbstreit on " (946)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (936)
SEC QB's in the Red (918)
Little know stat (We (872)
Gamecockology Helms (826)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (674)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (508)
Where do you like to (430)
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
We're going to the NCAA T
This season and recruitin
Tennessee - South Carolin
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Meta: Is there a notifica
Sports no longer fun?
SEC QB's in the Red Zone
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
SPURprise
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
SPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervous
Default Clip of Frank Martin Yelling

Just a little bit of what the mics picked up on Saturday in the Ole Miss game.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nlvm34&s=5#.Ut_8a_Yo5GE
SPURprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly
Default Re: Clip of Frank Martin Yelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURprise View Post
Just a little bit of what the mics picked up on Saturday in the Ole Miss game.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nlvm34&s=5#.Ut_8a_Yo5GE
He's a fantastic coach, and so passionate about what he does and about how he wants things done.

Some people don't like it. All I have to say to those folks is there's another team in the upstate you can go pull for.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Martin is the man, anybody who doubts him now will be looking very foolish in a few years when he turns this mens basketball program around. I think our student section should be called the Martin Maniacs.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

What's the last part? "You're a ****ing _________"
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k

You're a ****ing bum. ... I think.

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I don't mind calling players out, and I don't mind cussing at players, I think there is a right way to do both. Coach K and Jim Boeheim and Izzo and Dean Smith all do/did this to some degree. They have all showed compassion too. But to me, there is a difference in how they do it and how Frank does it. I can't pinpoint it exactly, but he seems to come off a little more bullyish and seems to do it way too often to have a positive effect. I think he is alienating guys a bit and needs to reign it in. It's fine to yell and scream, but he's drifting over the line lately. Our guys play pretty hard from what I've seen, maybe I'm wrong though.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #7
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

This guy is embarrassing our university. It is the easy way to curse and scream and yell. Find another way to get your message to these players.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

When you sign on to play for a team, and are expected to give 110%, your ass belongs to the coach. Plain and simple.

You can't handle it? Can't perform? Can't be a winner? Quit. Winners have thick skin. Winners do what it takes to shut up their critics.

A coach gets paid to provide results. Just like my boss gets paid to provide results, and it's my job to make my boss look good. It's a player's job to make his coach look good. If I fail to do so, i'm out of a job. If a player can't make his coach look good, he shouldn't be on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
This guy is embarrassing our university. It is the easy way to curse and scream and yell. Find another way to get your message to these players.
Do you also think they should all get medals for just showing up to practice?
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00k View Post
You're a ****ing bum. ... I think.
No, "You're a ****ing bove it."
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #10
Mr. Belvedere
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudly

He said Bum.. no white washing that one. Called Brenton a ****ing idiot too.

I like Frank, but these guys play scared. Taint working with some these players.
Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #11
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

I would dred coming to the bench if i screwed up i might just run to locker room instead lol

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #12
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

Williams said something that sparked Martin's rage, that is hardly the sign of players who are scared. They lacked on court discipline when Martin came in and he is trying to get them to play his game. Sometimes you need an iron fist. He shouldn't launch into personal assaults on players, as that demotivates, but with a lot of these guys they think they know better than the coach and he is showing who was boss. Here's the bottom line, when a coach is shouting during a time out you keep your mouth shut. When he asks you a question you answer.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #13
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

not near as bad as the rutgers coach from a few years back

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #14
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Guy is a walking cardiac event in progress. That tape sounds like he has lost all mental control. Hope he takes care of himself, there have been more than a few coaches who blew a gasket and ended up with health issues
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Wouldn't play or allow my son/daughter to play for a coach so out of control he screams expletives at them.

Sure, I know it's common...doesn't make it any less reprehensible. I miss the John Wooden mentality

Would you drop F-bombs on your child? if you would, you're a piece of garbage. If you wouldn't, why would you allow someone else to.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #16
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Wouldn't play or allow my son/daughter to play for a coach so out of control he screams expletives at them.

Sure, I know it's common...doesn't make it any less reprehensible. I miss the John Wooden mentality

Would you drop F-bombs on your child? if you would, you're a piece of garbage. If you wouldn't, why would you allow someone else to.
I wouldn't drop f bombs on my child. But an 18 year old? And 18 year old getting a scholarship and half assing it on the court? Who doesn't listen to you? I suppose the fact that they use such language at 'kids' the same age in boot camp is as reprehensible?

It may not be your cup of tea, but it is effective. It is used in college sports, and has been for years. Maybe not by Wooden, but my Dean Smith, Coach K and countless others.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
If my son is 19-21 years old and doing something that I've warned him not to do, for his own good, and then he ignored me and did it anyway, I would drop a few F-bombs on him, sure.

However, I don't think screwing up in a basketball game is quite the same. Frank needs to wait for a player to show signs of not caring or slacking off before yelling like this. I really don't think Brenton was doing either, just made a few mistakes. Also, I wouldn't do it in a public place, or in front of a camera. Obviously, Big Frank doesn't give a banana about that apple.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #18
ACHILLES5508
the showstopper

Male

CockyCash: 1444
ACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudlyACHILLES5508 is crowing loudly

been my kid frank would have had to worry about more than winning a basketball game more like removing my foot from his bum, that's something a lot of people are failing to realize he is talking to college students not professionals, im all for passion but he has crossed the line. I have played for some tough coaches but none have never talked to me that way... too far in my eyes.

ACHILLES 5508
ACHILLES5508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #19
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Guy is a walking cardiac event in progress. That tape sounds like he has lost all mental control. Hope he takes care of himself, there have been more than a few coaches who blew a gasket and ended up with health issues
Like Urban Meyer? Hahahahhaha
Old 01-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #20
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_girl_west View Post

It may not be your cup of tea, but it is effective. It is used in college sports, and has been for years. Maybe not by Wooden, but my Dean Smith, Coach K and countless others.
Dean Smith and Coach K don't act like that, come on...

And if the only thing you have to offer as proof it's effective is Bobby Knight, then you probably think taking up smoking is a great idea because some people haven't died yet

Poor reasoning skills
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote