CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
18IsTheMan
Spurrier_Superior_On
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
GoldenSpur7
GH
cockyguitar
trapper82
eatlighting
SouthCGC
My Observations Abou (1971)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1740)
Looking ahead to UGA (1725)
Step back from the l (1250)
Gurley lined up to t (1163)
Who else wants to se (811)
How far do we fall.. (803)
Shon Carson at KR (728)
Shaq Roland (728)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (725)
Looking ahead to UGA
David Williams??
My Observations About USC
USC/ECU 9/6/20114
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
Who else wants to see Con
who is the hot woman in t
UFC 177: TJ Dillishaw vs
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Dylan in the shotgun?

Old 01-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly
Default Ced Cooper

SIAP, but on our Rivals site they now have have Cedrick Cooper listed as a DE. I just thought that was interesting. Anyone heard anything about him being moved to a new position? He would be enticing as a speed rusher with his athleticism.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ced Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
SIAP, but on our Rivals site they now have have Cedrick Cooper listed as a DE. I just thought that was interesting. Anyone heard anything about him being moved to a new position? He would be enticing as a speed rusher with his athleticism.
Yes this is old news:

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread....cedrick+cooper
Old 01-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
I think the coaches felt he couldn't handle the complexities of LB but may be a good speed rusher off the edge....but he does need to gain 20-25 lbs.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think the coaches felt he couldn't handle the complexities of LB but may be a good speed rusher off the edge....but he does need to gain 20-25 lbs.
you just nicely called him "dumb", and ced is a smart cat. i gaurantee that wasnt the full reason.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Interested to see what he can do off the edge. He always seemed like a really good kid with a great head on his shoulders. Hope he has some success
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

He played DE in the bowl game.

So weird this kid got tons of praise his freshmen and redshirt freshmen seasons from the coaches but just can't seem to put it together. I know he had the knee and elbow injuries but even when healthy just not much
Old 01-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 is sharpening his clawsBlackMagic84 is sharpening his clawsBlackMagic84 is sharpening his clawsBlackMagic84 is sharpening his claws

A 6'-2" 213lb DE in the SEC.....??? Gee, I hope not.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
GamecockNuke
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockNuke has feathers coming inGamecockNuke has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic84 View Post
Look at Vic Beasley's measurables for his sophomore season... same size. Cooper is a workout machine, he can easily put on the pounds and be a good situational DE for us.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic84 View Post
Is Dee Ford even that tall? Its not unheard of for it to happen.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #10
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Too much talent and guys ahead of him at lb. hope he shows out at end
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

We have three 215-220 lb DE's. I hope someone has a growth spurt.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #12
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
We have three 215-220 lb DE's. I hope someone has a growth spurt.
Reshaping athletes to play DE is something we've had success with. Devin Taylor was a rail at one point. Melvin ingram was a 300 lb. slob. We'll have our guys ready.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #13
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Reshaping athletes to play DE is something we've had success with. Devin Taylor was a rail at one point. Melvin ingram was a 300 lb. slob. We'll have our guys ready.
In the end though it's all up to the kids dedication and willpower. They can make them do the workouts offseason and the training but they have to be dedicated in the kitchen and having a proper nutrition program and doing more than just the mandated workouts
Old 01-29-2014, 02:15 AM   #14
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

He needs some pounds first.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:39 AM   #15
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
you just nicely called him "dumb", and ced is a smart cat. i gaurantee that wasnt the full reason.
I did nothing of the sort. He struggled getting everyone lined up correctly while playing the position. It just wasn't a good fit for him....but the coaches are trying to find a position for him because they like him, he works hard, and he may have DE talent but does need to gain at least 25 lbs.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote