CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 01-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
ValiantSpur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
ValiantSpur is learning to peck
Default Clowney Hit Start Button

Thoughts on the custom start button? It has 3 states.

ValiantSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
cockycock10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1110
cockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Clowney Hit Start Button

LOL very nice!
cockycock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
CarolinaCJAM
CJAM

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervous

How did you do this? Or is it just Photoshopped?
CarolinaCJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
ValiantSpur
Walk On

Male

It's a third party Windows 8 start button called Classic Shell. http://download.cnet.com/Classic-She...-75553853.html

The image used is actually 1 png with the 3 images stacked vertically. Just select the custom image from the Classic Shell menu and play with the sizing to get it right.

Easy enough to do on your own, just open a gif in GIMP, save each frame you want to use from the gif as a seperate image file, then erase the background you don't want. Put them together and all done.

It's on my work pc, but I'll upload the source image here tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantSpur View Post
It's a third party Windows 8 start button called Classic Shell. http://download.cnet.com/Classic-She...-75553853.html

The image used is actually 1 png with the 3 images stacked vertically. Just select the custom image from the Classic Shell menu and play with the sizing to get it right.

Easy enough to do on your own, just open a gif in GIMP, save each frame you want to use from the gif as a seperate image file, then erase the background you don't want. Put them together and all done.

It's on my work pc, but I'll upload the source image here tomorrow.
Too bad Macs don't have a start button.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #6
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Too bad Macs don't have a start button.
#FirstWorldProblems

On topic, that's awesome! Points.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

The hit that keeps on giving.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #8
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 9505802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
The hit that keeps on giving.
This! Never gets old seeing that Michigan helmet go flying!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #9
ValiantSpur
Walk On

Male

As promised....

If you're saving it, make sure to keep it as a png or you'll lose the transparency.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 AM   #10
CarolinaCJAM
CJAM

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervousCarolinaCJAM is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantSpur View Post
As promised....

If you're saving it, make sure to keep it as a png or you'll lose the transparency.
Thanks so much!
CarolinaCJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #11
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

I really liked this idea a lot. The one problem I saw with it was a small line going across the top of the second image, so I removed that. I also made the image smaller because the original one was blocking link previews in my browser, but I can post the original-sized one without the line too if anyone would like it. All credit should go to ValiantSpur as this concept was his idea and his work, I just tweaked it a bit.

Oh, I also took out some of the gray space in between Clowney's dreads in the first image, but it doesn't really make a difference with how small mine is, because you can't see that space either way.
Attached Images

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote