CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1642)
10-2 (1617)
UK promoting a black (1457)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (948)
Coach Gaines: " (863)
I Was Dealing With T (646)
Connor Shaw's fault. (619)
Build a New Stadium (531)
Since everyone loves (478)
Coach Gaines: "Not m
UK promoting a blackout f
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
400 pasing yards
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium

Old 01-28-2014, 01:06 PM   #41
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Darius English

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
Pls forgive lenth...I know enought to recognize your information comes from a knowlege base. Certainly you, and every person, insert opinion and perspective thus allowing others to differ. I'm hoping you might offer me a little advise...
As a young man I was bigger, stronger. than most. 6'2.75, 220 pds, around 10-12% body fat, 23 reps @ 225 (gym reps, not neccesarily lock outs) decent mobility, bla bla.
A car wreck over 20 yrs ago cost me aproz 40% of my leg function so running, jumping, squating, even walking for distance cardio ws long lost.
Now 50 yrs old I lift to maintain strenth and some muscle but weight and body fat r high, around 240 pds, 18/19%. I primarily eat paleo, about 3 months now, sugar being my weakness.
If you can share lifting choices that might aid me in slimming while maintaining upper bopdy strenth needed to aid mobility. Anything you share is apreciated should you. thanks WVP
I'll PM you.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #42
PageUSC

Male

PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Actually, you did. You questioned his commitment level and dedication.
Not what I was referring to in that comment.

What I'm saying is if he doesn't put on the good weight then it is not because "he can't gain weight" it's because he isn't dedicated or committed. That is all. And if he doesn't that is the truth. Like it or not.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #43
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

David Johnson is going to compete as for starting DE.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #44
boness
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Yeah thats what I heard. After getting with the nutritionist he stated that he did not realize it was that easy to gain weight. I see no problem with him getting to 250 lbs before next year. Did anyone see Devin Taylor during his first year in the NFL. They got him to almost 290 lbs in less than a year.
just asking... did you mean "almost 290" or 270? lions have him listed @ 267. I haven't found pics where he appears radically larger yet and maybe he gained later in the yr. I only ask because I'd like to see. Maybe direct me?? thanks
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #45
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

I'd apreciate that
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #46
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I saw a guy do this in college. It must have taken about a year. People made fun of him because he got super heavy in like 7 months, his face looked bloated and his stomach was huge. He'd come in a lift 3 reps of massive weights and drink water for 5 minutes between reps. Then I saw him like 6 months later and he looked like a body builder, said he ate strict diet and ran some, and worked out with slightly more reps.

I am a believer, just not willing to put my body through that. Don't have the discipline or time to devote that much to myself with a family. Should've done it when I was screwing around in college...
Wonder if the Sumo wrestlers do this? I heard they consume a lot of rice, to bulk up. Maybe they take out the slimming phase.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #47
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
I'd apreciate that
You're welcome
Old 01-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #48
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Oh god another "weight" thread.

The kid had the means and access to add as much good weight as he wants to at USC if he is dedicated. He should of added it already. Something is wrong in the dedication department
Wow man, way to assume a lot. The coaches have said he can't put on weight becuase of metabolism, he was eatting for weight and by all reports working out hard. He said during bowl practices that the S&C coach got him with a nutritionist, and he started putting weight on during the season. Don't question our players or assume anything about people about whom you have no true reason to believe they are deserving of such treatment.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #49
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
He could be just like Vic Beasley was this year.
My thing with Beasley is he is 6'3. His 235 is a lot different than English's would be. Beasley has strong arms.

Also Beasley mostly flashed on passing downs.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #50
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Darius has said that he came into school at 214. At media days last year he said he was at 235. That's 20 lbs.

It's not far-fetched to think he could add that again and maybe a little more after being on a college weight program and diet program for 2 full years.

He also said himself that he wanted to at least be 245 by next season.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #51
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Wow man, way to assume a lot. The coaches have said he can't put on weight becuase of metabolism, he was eatting for weight and by all reports working out hard. He said during bowl practices that the S&C coach got him with a nutritionist, and he started putting weight on during the season. Don't question our players or assume anything about people about whom you have no true reason to believe they are deserving of such treatment.
He not eating enough. That is as simple as I can put it. I'm sure the nutritionist is helping him.

Anyone can gain weight. Its harder for some with higher metabolism and naturally lean yes, but it is always possible trust me. You just have to eat eat eat man. haha He'll figure it out eventually...hopefully...
Old 01-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #52
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree. Work ethic is not a problem for English. Kid does everything he is asked to do.
No man...some guy on a message board, who isn't the team strength and conditioning coach, or its dietitian, or has actually sat with the players and set up a plan that best fits them knows what it takes for Darius to gain weight.

I'll trust our team appointed guys who are in constant contact with these players.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #53
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
He not eating enough. That is as simple as I can put it. I'm sure the nutritionist is helping him.

Anyone can gain weight. Its harder for some with higher metabolism and naturally lean yes, but it is always possible trust me. You just have to eat eat eat man. haha He'll figure it out eventually...hopefully...
Exact fvcking thing I said earlier in this thread.
EXACT FVCKNG THING!

"If is genetically proven some bodies gain weight easier than others.
Women gain weight easier than men...people that are born leaner have trouble gaining weight...English has a lean frame and it will be harder for him to gain weight."

While you can manipulate your metabolism, it is based a lot simply on your genetic makeup.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #54
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Old 01-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #55
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Darius has said that he came into school at 214. At media days last year he said he was at 235. That's 20 lbs.

It's not far-fetched to think he could add that again and maybe a little more after being on a college weight program and diet program for 2 full years.

He also said himself that he wanted to at least be 245 by next season.
Maybe some of you body nuts can answer this: Is there potentially a price to pay (long-term health) for forcing your body into an "unnatural" weight gain?

Discuss.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #56
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
just asking... did you mean "almost 290" or 270? lions have him listed @ 267. I haven't found pics where he appears radically larger yet and maybe he gained later in the yr. I only ask because I'd like to see. Maybe direct me?? thanks
Last I heard they said he was listed at 287lbs I just rounded up. Dude look massive compared to his time here.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #57
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

Ya'll are also forgetting the kid is still 19 years old. Maybe 20 depending on when his birthday is. He's not old enough to drink yet. His body is still growing.

If he really is already 240 like some of ya'll have mentioned then I fully expect him to be 250-255 by the time august gets around if he sticks to his diet.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #58
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
If it wasn't a NCAA violation, I'd just send my wife over to cook for him. That would do it...

...ask me how I know. lol.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #59
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Are you a dietitian?
Or a professional body builder? Or a doctor?

If is genetically proven some bodies gain weight easier than others.
Women gain weight easier than men...people that are born leaner have trouble gaining weight...English has a lean frame and it will be harder for him to gain weight.

Of course, he could go to Bojangles everyday, then he would gain weight, but it would be useless.
Good weight is hard to gain...maybe if you actually got your ass off the couch and out of your ass you'd know that.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #60
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah thats what I heard. After getting with the nutritionist he stated that he did not realize it was that easy to gain weight. I see no problem with him getting to 250 lbs before next year. Did anyone see Devin Taylor during his first year in the NFL. They got him to almost 290 lbs in less than a year.
other than the weight gain, how strong is he....he looked OK if he could get around the edge, but if the OT got his hands on him, he was done....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote