CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
SanAntonioCock
USC_21
JDJones
aftertwobowls
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Ahmad
Cockhornleghorn
rabid cock
ESPNís Marisa Martin (1757)
**USC Women vs. Clem (1424)
2014 Charleston Clas (1299)
Fan bias toward a sp (1020)
Sidney Rice is havin (915)
10 years since " (893)
RG3 - Struggles Not (785)
Family, Faith, and G (727)
Have a problem and h (551)
The Official How Do (228)
2014 Charleston Classic *
**USC Women vs. Clemson G
Why the hesitance to put
Previewing Cornell
Cocky cloth towels
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
how do you feel about Cle
10 years since "the
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
ESPNís Marisa Martin Make

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Kerryon Johnson - Auburn

Quote:
Alabama, Mississippi State and South Carolina are three programs that have shown interest in Johnson, too.
per this ESPN article

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Kerryon Johnson Thread (2015 Prospect)

Reminds me of Darren McFadden
Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Kerryon Johnson

Quote:
4/16/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Kerryon Johnson
per 247 Timeline

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via 247

Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Johnson is an intriguing and versatile prospect. Unfortunately, an injury kept him out of the RCS Birmingham stop, so we are looking forward to seeing him action. He is an excellent running back with the ability to play defensive back at the next level. Either way he is a natural playmaker and one of the top athletes in the Yellowhammer State for the Class of 2015. He reports several SEC offers and figures to be a national level recruit when he enters his junior season.
Link: http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1520338&PT=4&PR=2

Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Johnson had one of the highlights of the day when he planted his foot into the ground on a route and put the linebacker defending him into the spin cycle before streaking down field for an open catch. He has great speed and looks like a home run threat at the running back position. It's no wonder Alabama, Auburn and LSU have already offered.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1522796

Old 08-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Kerryon Johnson out of Madison (Ala.) Academy doesn’t quite have the extreme size as some of the above at only about 6-0, 175 pounds but his versatility makes him unique. To watch Johnson on Friday nights is to watch a do-everything prospect that will carry the ball, catch the ball out of the backfield and make game-changing plays on defense. He’s the No. 2 safety in the country according to 247Sports and the standard Alabama recruiting heavyweights of Auburn, Alabama and Florida State are the favorites at this early stage. However Johnson is also one that could see a position change in his future rankings. He's not just capable of playing RB on the next level, he also prefers to play RB and he's being recruited there as well.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Class-o...mposite-145436

Quote:
The do-it-all prospect is considered one of the premier players in the state regardless of class. He helped the Mustangs to the Class 3A state championship in 2012. He has been one of the best players in north Alabama for two years. The future Rivals100 prospect is expected to have a big junior campaign.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1539108

Last edited by CoverTwo; 08-22-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
With Clemson and USC among his offers, class of 2015 RB Kerryon Johnson (6-0 195) of Madison, AL is willing to listen to all of the programs showing interest in him. He named Alabama, Auburn and Florida State as his early favorites in no order. He has visited his top three as well as Mississippi State. “I want to visit South Carolina and Clemson, absolutely,” Johnson said. “It’s just tough right now. They’re not that far away but it’s hard to get some places. I would like to visit though.” The two in-state schools continue to show interest in the Alabama back. “I get mail from those schools at least two or three times a week,” he said. Johnson is in no hurry to make a decision and is hearing from most schools in the Southeast. His only visit this season was to Auburn when they hosted Washington State. He will be at the Alabama game this weekend and plans to go to the Florida State-Miami game in November. “I’ll probably go to some games between them but I’ll take them as they come,” he added. His offers are from Clemson, USC, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt and LSU.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...e-his-decison/

Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
While class of 2015 Top247 prospect Kerryon Johnson (Madison, Ala./Madison Academy) admits it is still early on in the process, he also says he could make his decision before spring. Right now, Alabama, Auburn and Florida State are recruiting him the hardest.

Auburn is recruiting him as a running back. Alabama is kind of iffy – they have mentioned running back and safety. That could be a deal-breaker for Johnson.

“It would definitely be a harder choice to play offense, but I am open to anything,” Johnson said. “ It helps the schools that like me at running back right now, because if I had two schools at the top and only one really wanted me at running back, that would probably tilt things in their favor because that is my dream to play there. Having that opportunity right in front of you is hard to turn down. But my coaches always tell me to keep an open mind because you never know what might happen.”

Heading into his visit to Alabama Saturday, Johnson said Auburn stood out the most.

“Auburn stands out the most just because I have been able to get down there for a game, but that could change or even out soon,” Johnson said. “It is pretty tight, but they have made a push for me early on.”

It looks like an out-of-state SEC program could join the top group if they decided to extend a scholarship to the four-star athlete.

“Georgia is definitely an offer I would love to have,” Johnson said. “Clearly they know how to run the football and they have a history of running backs there. That offense they run is downhill and I would definitely look forward to playing in that scheme.”

Georgia has sent him mail and Johnson hopes to get in touch with them soon.

“An offer would put them up there In my top group and then if I visited I could base it off that,” Johnson said. “I like the way Georgia plays. They are an SEC program with a history of good teams.”
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Road-Re...Hampton-152656

Old 04-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Commits to Auburn
Closed Thread