CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Roosterdog
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
Jeff45ACP
johnnyb
The Yancey
ReadR00ster
brat
qcgamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1325)
Byron the bunny...fe (559)
The #AskEmmert Q& (462)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
Shameless self promo (320)
One thing I was glad (181)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (173)
Peach Bowl name retu (169)
Construction of Worl (108)
Save Electricity By (102)
What is your perfect egg?
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
Amazon Fire TV
Where will we be preseaso
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
2014 Gamecock Football Po

Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Michael Barnett

Defensive Lineman from Ridgeville, South Carolina

A guy to keep an eye on per this GCC article

Rivals Bio

247 Bio

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett

Quote:
*2015 defensive end Michael Barnett of Dorchester (S.C.) Woodland claims an early offer from Virginia Tech, which came last November. "I was ecstatic about it," the 6-feet-4, 245-pound Barnett said. Barnett plans to visit the Hokies during his upcoming spring break. His recruitment at Virginia Tech is being handled by assistant Charley Wiles. "He's visited the school like three times," Barnett said. Barnett also is hearing from Clemson, North Carolina and South Carolina. When asked which school might be the next to offer, Barnett replied, "North Carolina."
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/NFTC-No...mecocks-122944

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 03-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
*Michael Barnett, an impressive 6-feet-4, 245-pound 2015 defensive end from Dorchester (S.C.) Woodland that competed in the Charlotte NFTC, said North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia Tech have been by his school. Apparently, the Hokies, who are his lone offer, have stopped by multiple times. Barnett hopes to be in Blacksburg, Va., in a couple weeks.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Undercl...uckeyes-123172

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Woodland High is home to another talented defensive line prospects in the class of 2015, Michael Barnett (Dorchester, SC/Woodland). The 6-foot-4, 245-pounder with a strong look about him has been offered by Virginia Tech, and is scheduled to attend the Hokies spring game April 20. Clemson, South Carolina, Florida State and North Carolina are showing interest, among others with Clemson being the program he has followed the closest. Barnett, who is a Virginia Tech lean early on, mentioned Charley Wiles of Virginia Tech as an assistant that has made a lasting impression early on.

Barnett, who played at 250-pounds during the 2012 season, is a three-sport athlete that played varsity basketball and is currently competing in track and field. He played offensive tackle mostly as a freshman before playing both ways in 2012.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Lowcoun...-Report-125721

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 06-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Scout

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 07-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 Michael Barnett (6-3 245) of Woodland has offers from Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Virginia Tech and NC State with interest for USC and Auburn. He has visited each of the schools that have offered and recently attended a camp at Clemson. “I like it a lot up there,” said Barnett. “I like the way it’s set up. It’s very much a college town with the scenery and all. They’re coaches are great and treated me like family.” Barnett is showing interest in the Tigers as well as the Gamecocks. “I love the defense at Carolina,” he said. “I like their coaches and the stadium is really big.” He will attend a camp at Auburn next Saturday. “They’re showing a lot of interest and I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer me,” said Barnett. He does not have any favorites and is planning to attend games at Clemson and USC this fall.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...e-more-visits/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 07-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudly

Not sure why we haven't offered him yet.

Big upside, long wingspan, nice frame to add weight. Raw, but plenty of talent. Will fit nicely in our scheme.

Barnett reminds me of Aldrick Fordham when he played HS ball at Timberland.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Clemson and USC have some catching up to do when it comes to junior DE Michael Barnett (6-4 248) of Woodland. Right now he favors Virginia Tech, Florida and Florida State in that order. “I really like their coaching staff,” Barnett said of the Hokies. “It’s like a family environment. Everything is like right there. It feels like home to me.” Clemson has offered Barnett but USC has not at this point. He also has offers from Tennessee and NC State along with his three favorites. Barnett camped at Clemson this summer and remains in touch with recruiters Tony Elliott and Marion Hobby. He’s also hearing from USC. He also camped at Auburn and is getting interest from the Tigers. Barnett plans to attend games at several schools this fall. He won’t make a decision until next year prior to his season or after his senior season. As a sophomore he had 63 tackles with 17 for loss and 12 sacks.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ide-the-state/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudly

Another solid recruit from the low country that will most likely be playing out of state.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
Ace Dilcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his comb

We have not offered and are full at DE for 2015 with higher-rated prospects (we already have commitments from what will be the top group of DEs for that class). Hate that he is going out of state but that is better than going to Clemson, especially if he turns out to be good.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Florida has been one of the three favorites of DE Michael Barnett of Woodland and Saturday he was at The Swamp to watch the Gators take down Tennessee. “The crowd was real loud,” Barnett said. “Coach Lawing said he was glad I came to watch a game. He was saying he really wants me to come there and he’s going to be recruiting me ever harder than he was.” That game was the third college game Barnett has ever attended. The first was the Georgia at Clemson game earlier this season. “I like how they come down The Hill,” he said. “I’ve been hearing from them a lot. I’ve been hearing from coach Hobby from time to time and I talk to coach Elliott. He was by the school the other day.” Dez Kitchings from NC State has also been by the school and Barnett will go to State this Saturday for their game. Barnett was also at USC for the Vanderbilt game. The Gamecocks are showing interest but have not offered. “I’m hearing from them and they are saying they are going to offer me but I’m not too sure,” Barnett said. While at the game he talked with USC coaches Deke Adams and Everette Sands and that’s the last time he’s heard from USC. Right now Barnett is holding with his top three of Virginia Tech, Florida and Florida State in that order, and he said Clemson is creeping up but has not cracked his top three. He also talked with Florida State last week and plans to get there for a game. He also plans to return to Clemson for a game.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...tment-classes/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 09-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #12
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Can't blame Lawing for using his local influence on this one. Kid looks like a baller, and with Key leaving as of now I wonder how we approach him and the Rasool kid
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
scman
Walk On

Male

scman is learning to peck

Update from Kornblut:

Quote:
DE Michael Barnett of Woodland has had a top three of Virginia Tech, Florida and Florida State. Monday night Barnett said there's only one school on his mind right now, and that's Virginia Tech. He said the Hokies are #1 on his list and there is not #2 or #3 right now. "I like the family atmosphere, everybody is real nice down there," Barnett said. "I like the stadium. I just like the whole atmosphere. I like Virginia Tech as a whole. I love (defensive coordinator) coach Foster. Coach Foster is pretty cool. He's a real down to earth coach." Barnett also likes the similarities between Tech's defensive scheme and his team's. Despite the strong feeling for the Hokies, Barnett is not ready to commit and will hold off on a final decision until next year. He has been to games at Virginia Tech, Clemson, USC, NC State, Georgia Tech and Florida and is going to Florida State this Saturday for the Miami game. Barnett has an offer from Clemson and the Tigers continue to show interest. "They really want me to come back up there for a game and they really liked it when I came up there for the visit," he said. USC also remains in touch with Barnett but has not offered. "They just say I have to get better, that's all I was told," said Barnett who talks with Gamecock recruiter Everette Sands. Barnett said Clemson is showing more interest in him than USC. His other offers are Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, NC State and Georgia Tech. After the Florida State visit, Barnett will visit Tennessee the following weekend. He has no other visits planned for this season.
The staff obviously does not like something here. Not sure what it is, but we have had pretty good luck with linemen.
scman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Committed to Virginia Tech.

Article via Scout

Article via Rivals

Quote:
DE Michael Barnett of Woodland Monday announced a commitment to Virginia Tech. Barnett had long been favoring the Hokies to the point where he really didn’t strongly consider any other team. Florida and Florida State were the other teams on his short list. “I like the family atmosphere and everybody is real nice down there,” Barnett said of Virginia Tech earlier this season. “I just like the whole atmosphere and I love coach (Bud) Foster,” Clemson was one of his offers and while USC showed interest, the Gamecocks never offered.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...in-the-hokies/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 11-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett - Virginia Tech

Decommitted from Virginia Tech & USC offered.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 03-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #16
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett - Virginia Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Decommitted from Virginia Tech & USC offered.
Didn't this happen awhile back? I've also heard that we are not in his top 5, although he did say that we were not out of it and we were ahead of Clemson because he is interested in broadcast journalism.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Yeah but I've been MIA since NSD. Just updating.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 03-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #18
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Yeah but I've been MIA since NSD. Just updating.
Not to worry, C2. If anybody ever deserved a break, it's you. Still can't believe the work you do for us.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:51 PM   #19
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

one of the top prospects on my wish list for this class. im not sure where exactly we stand with him but I really hope we can get him to play for the home team.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #20
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Interview via 247

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem