CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
thumpin big
talon
smoovecock
markymark550
b381l
CockyGuy
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (1445)
Chattanooga upends N (951)
NEW Pics from South (647)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (345)
This Doctor Fell In (298)
Happy Thanksgiving C (227)
Strategy First Steam (137)
Penniless: Creed's S (105)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Texans getting frustrated
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Palmetto Bowl
Bowl projections
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose

Old 01-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Tools stolen

My brother had his trailer full of tools stolen this morning from his truck in Cayce. Probably worth 2.5k or more in tools. Called the police, but nothing they can really do. Had it locked to his truck, they cut through it. Question to everyone, "Is there anything he or I, can do to find these tools? I know it is a long shot, but really hard to rely on the police for something like this. Also, mistake on his part, he had no insurance on the trailer, just his truck.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tools stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
My brother had his trailer full of tools stolen this morning from his truck in Cayce. Probably worth 2.5k or more in tools. Called the police, but nothing they can really do. Had it locked to his truck, they cut through it. Question to everyone, "Is there anything he or I, can do to find these tools? I know it is a long shot, but really hard to rely on the police for something like this. Also, mistake on his part, he had no insurance on the trailer, just his truck.
I would call pawn shops and let them know

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Check the scrapmetal places around and see if anybody brought a heap of toold to scrap out.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Keep an eye on Craigslist and the local pawn shops.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Ok thanks for the info, also scratch the 2.5k he said there was about 10k worth of tools. Which is even worse. He told me he wished they would have stole his truck instead of the tools, tools worth more than his work truck.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #6
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

ouch dang that sucks.. I hope you find at least some of them

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1234
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Just a quick word of advice. Assuming he recovers these tools, or even if he has to buy new ones, he would be best served to buy an engraver and make some kind of identifying mark (numbers/symbol) on all his tools so if it happened again the tools are identifiable if they turn up anywhere. Really crappy that this happened to your brother, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Does homeowner's policies cover this? He could get something for the value even if it isn't 10K.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #9
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Keep an eye on Craigslist and the local pawn shops.
This
Old 01-31-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I wish your brother a lot of luck. Utility trailer thefts are all too common. I have a musician friend that had one stolen from right out in front of his studio. Never recovered anything.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
I wish your brother a lot of luck. Utility trailer thefts are all too common. I have a musician friend that had one stolen from right out in front of his studio. Never recovered anything.
Yeah they stole this right out of his front yard, sometime around 5:30 this morning. He heard a loud truck outside, while he was in the bed, but thought nothing of it.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah they stole this right out of his front yard, sometime around 5:30 this morning. He heard a loud truck outside, while he was in the bed, but thought nothing of it.
The tools were in the garage. Call your homeowners company.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I hate thieves.

Try to file against both homeowner and auto policies.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #14
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

What they said about insurance. I had my truck broke into while in Atlanta one weekend, and they stole my golf clubs. I can't remember if I filed it under homeowner's or auto insurance, but they paid off. I seem to think it was my homeowner's policy. I was lucky and still had receipts for value estimation. Hopefully, your brother still has receipts or paid by credit card -- he would be able to recreate value from credit card statements.

Best of luck to your brother.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #15
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

They'll PC it out at flea markets and Craigslist. Stuff is gone most likely. Cops are just there for the paperwork.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #16
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Definitely check the pawn shops and online ads. If you can find them at pawn shops, be able to describe them or prove they are his and boom, you've got the thieves. You need to call around though, they won't have it out in the store for 30 days for this very reason.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #17
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

My buddy's trailer full of lawn equipment got stolen from his house this past week as well. Lives in Lugoff. It was stolen right out in front of his house, also locked up. Strange. Unfortunately, it'll probably never be found.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #18
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
My buddy's trailer full of lawn equipment got stolen from his house this past week as well. Lives in Lugoff. It was stolen right out in front of his house, also locked up. Strange. Unfortunately, it'll probably never be found.
I'm innocent!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:12 PM   #19
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Hardest part about filing an insurance claim is proving to the insurance company you had all this stuff to begin with. They will probably give a max amount nowhere close to the true value.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Hard part about filing an insurance claim is pr
Yeah report was already filed, so too late for that.