CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
Cockhornleghorn
Rebel4ever
TAFC 5 1981
Dizzy01
ReadR00ster
JAYBEZ
Victor Hampton Arres (2271)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (1884)
how has more ESPN an (1146)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (884)
Gamecock Legacy recr (661)
Attendance next seas (479)
Clemson's At It Agai (450)
Women's bb - Deshiel (392)
$15 home AC (306)
22 ways to annoy peo (284)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
how has more ESPN anounce
Clemson's At It Again
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
One thing I was glad to s
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Connor Mitch
I got robbed in broad day
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 01-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #21
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tools stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I'm innocent!!!
Yeah right! I'm going to keep an eye on the Cocky Swap section anyway.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #22
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7043011
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

check with insurance co. if it was hooked to truck it may, should be covered under truck insurance.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIInySnQe4I
Ole Gregg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:12 PM   #23
sharpstick
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talons

A trailer with tools just came for sale on Charleston, SC craigslist, in the barter section. I'm sure no one would be brave enough to put it on there in this short of time.
sharpstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #24
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
A trailer with tools just came for sale on Charleston, SC craigslist, in the barter section. I'm sure no one would be brave enough to put it on there in this short of time.
I agree, also find it very unlikely someone from Charleston decided to come to Cayce and steal my brothers tools. He has no real enemies, so I am pretty sure it was someone local, probably in his own neighborhood.

Last edited by Gamecocks1137; 01-31-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:31 AM   #25
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Charleston Craiglist- Could be a ring. I would inquire about the trailer and tools.

Put an ad on craigslist for a couple of the stolen tools and see if someone bites the ad.

look on ebay. I think u can put a 'look out' item and ebay will notify u when it pops up on their site.
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #26
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdave View Post
Just a quick word of advice. Assuming he recovers these tools, or even if he has to buy new ones, he would be best served to buy an engraver and make some kind of identifying mark (numbers/symbol) on all his tools so if it happened again the tools are identifiable if they turn up anywhere. Really crappy that this happened to your brother, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

This is very good advice, except for the fact that I have seen a lot of tools at flea markets with all types of engravings on them. People just don't care and people will buy them. I had flowers stole off my deceased wife grave and the police caught the lady, not because of good police work, it was because she was so greedy that someone had just had a funeral at the same cemetery and one of the maintenance people was late leaving that day and saw this lady stealing more flowers and he wrote her tag number down and she got pulled over about 5 miles down the road and had a trunk full of flowers in there. Come to find out, she ran a florist shop in Aiken. What a low life piece of crap to steal flowers off somebody's loved ones grave. I would have love to have caught her and she could have gotten a free burial and flowers!!!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:54 AM   #27
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
Charleston Craiglist- Could be a ring. I would inquire about the trailer and tools.

Put an ad on craigslist for a couple of the stolen tools and see if someone bites the ad.

look on ebay. I think u can put a 'look out' item and ebay will notify u when it pops up on their site.
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. A lot of the suggestions I would have never thought of. My brother will get over it, but he like many of us would feel, is pissed off. Nothing like having someone come take your hard earned things to get you in a not so good mood.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #28
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Seen on the state web that someone had found his stuff on Craig's list. Please tell me it was you.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #29
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbreb94 View Post
Seen on the state web that someone had found his stuff on Craig's list. Please tell me it was you.
Here's the article. That guy is a dumbass.....posting the stuff on Craigslist right after he stole them.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/01/3...on-craigs.html
Old 02-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #30
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 5655802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Did he have an itemized list of what he lost?

I would suggest anybody makes an itemized list, including photos, of any valued collection...... If you don't, it will be difficult if not impossible to recover..... unless you get some dumb crook luck!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #31
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Besides the good advice above, this incident also argues for putting up surveillance cameras on your vehicles and storage buildings. In the case of a trailer with $10k worth of tools, a gps device in there wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, check your auto and homeowners policies to see what they cover regarding theft.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #32
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Besides the good advice above, this incident also argues for putting up surveillance cameras on your vehicles and storage buildings. In the case of a trailer with $10k worth of tools, a gps device in there wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, check your auto and homeowners policies to see what they cover regarding theft.

Tip of a good defense is motion detecting lights.
Cameras on your property that are of good quality.
Could possibly add a security alarm on your trailer That is if it's an enclosed trailer.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #33
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

So did your borther get his stuff back? Tools are expensive and it doesn't take many to add up into the tens of thousands of dollars. The best thing to do is engrave some sort of logo or serial number on the tools and register it with your local police dept.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #34
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Here's the article. That guy is a dumbass.....posting the stuff on Craigslist right after he stole them.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/01/3...on-craigs.html
Sadly no, neither were my brothers. His were stolen yesterday morning. This is worth looking into, he may still have my brothers if this is the guy who took them. Seeing how he stole more than once, it is possible this may be the guy, he just didn't put it on craigslist yet.

Or maybe he knows the perp who did, either way they may be related. My brother is looking into that, in the mean time he was contacting his insurance company this morning, haven't heard back from him yet on that.