CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
PageUSC
The Yancey
taylorssc
GamecockSuperFan
Roosterboy
zcockz
KaneisAble
HBC Weekly Presser (1944)
Thompson Has Neck In (1450)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (983)
4th & 1 Play (846)
Clowney didnt get ma (753)
Zone Read Analysis w (742)
What fish do you eat (732)
So What? (417)
Request (384)
Kentucky prediction (334)
Dylan Thompson looks brok
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Just Booked my Hotel for
Kentucky prediction
What fish do you eat
State talent drying up
KY Suspends 4 Players for
4th & 1 Play
So What?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown

Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
stuart29801
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 499
stuart29801 is learning to peck
Default iracing

anybody on here on iracing? I just joined last week its alot of fun. Pretty realistic. Just wondering if anyone else races on there
stuart29801 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
stonecutter357
But Anyway.....

Male

CockyCash: 16551065
stonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot material
Default Re: iracing

I really want to play this but I am on a iMac.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
hardcock2
just hangin'.....

Male

CockyCash: 600
hardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot materialhardcock2 is USC mascot material

what is it?....and is there a link/site for it?
hardcock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
stuart29801
Walk On

Male

its a racing simulation you race against people online you start in a legends car and work your way up. Im on a cell so i dont know if the link will work but its www.iracing.com
Old 06-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Digging this guy up from the past, pretty much the number one sim racing title.

Official series sponsored by NASCAR, IndyCar, V8 Supercar, Super GT, and Grand Am. Partnerships with Williams F1, McLaren, Panoz, Dallara, Jr. Motorsports, RUF, Radical, Ford, GM, Mazda, Volkswagen, Cadillac, HPD, Skip Barber, and SCCA. Top series pays out 10,500 dollars plus recognition with NASCAR.

So does anyone else run it? I haven't made a run at a full season in a specific series in a long time but mainly do one off races here and there and fart around with testing.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Carolina80's
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Carolina80's has hatched from the shell

I'm an iRacer. I've been iRacing since the inception.

Running triple screens, Obutto cockpit, CSW w/BMW rim and ECCI pedals.

iRacing is now usable on Macs and joystick or mouse controllers are supported for those wanting to test it out.

Come try it. The more members the better racing!
Carolina80's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina80's View Post
I'm an iRacer. I've been iRacing since the inception.

Running triple screens, Obutto cockpit, CSW w/BMW rim and ECCI pedals.

iRacing is now usable on Macs and joystick or mouse controllers are supported for those wanting to test it out.

Come try it. The more members the better racing!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did all that set you back? I've never thought it would be worth it unless I could do the whole set up.
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
Carolina80's
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Carolina80's has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did all that set you back? I've never thought it would be worth it unless I could do the whole set up.
Cockpit = $350
Wheel and Rim = $500 ( bought used)
Pedals = $400 ( I actually own an ECCI wheel and pedal set )

You can go a lot, lot cheaper and still have a great setup. I've been driving racing sims for many, many years and accumulated a lot of peripherals.

Search Fanatec, Logitech or Thrustmaster for less expensive steering wheel /pedal packages. Also search for cockpits. There's some very nice DIY plans out there.

Look for promo codes. I think there 's one from cadillaccupracing.com but the site isn't responding at the moment.
Carolina80's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #9
stuart29801
Walk On

Male

I am actually looking to sell my setup, I do not have a cockpit i just use a desk i made. I have a gaming computer, triple 23" monitors, and a fanatec porsche gt3 rs steering wheel and fantatec clubsport v2 pedals, I hate to sell, i have a lot of fun on there but Im fixing to build a house so some of the hobbies have to go. If some one is looking to get into iracing its a good setup.