CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ertman420
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
Ericvol2096
RGHoskins
usc90grad
rosstheboss
thekob
Mangus now coaching (903)
Can Tennessee get to (702)
Chick Redefines the (430)
2 Crazy things (393)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (349)
ESPN Article on HBC (337)
Spread vs. aTm (328)
The Bama series (325)
Lindy's top 100 for (290)
2014 garnet and blac (145)
Mangus now coaching TEs
2001 vs Sandstorm
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2 Crazy things
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Spurrier would take Clown
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
Spread vs. aTm

Old 02-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #41
usc52
Workaholic

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52
Default Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
You got addicted by not following what your doctor recommended. You're exactly right, I haven't been through what you have, because I chose not too. You chose differently. "Disease" is an excuse, period. that's all there is to it.
Whatever dude. Yes people CHOOSE to do drugs we understand that. What you don't understand is after using for so long your body needs whatever drug your doing hence why people continue to use. Do some research before posting. Addiction is a disease. Seriously Google it.
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #42
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
You are exactly right. Hoffman had no choice but stick that needle in his arm. From birth, he was destined to have that needle in his arm. There was no avoiding it. It's a disease. what a freaking joke of an excuse. I guess fat people have diseases where they can't put down the spoons, huh?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #43
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...really-disease

This should end the debate, addiction is NOT a disease. This was the very first search result. You only become addicted because you have zero control and any discipline. Addicts suffer because they choose to shoot themselves up I have no sympathy for addicts if you had self respect you wouldn't treat your body that way. I feel for the families that are left behind but if you die from an overdose you basically committed suicide so no sympathy from me.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #44
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc52 View Post
Whatever dude. Yes people CHOOSE to do drugs we understand that. What you don't understand is after using for so long your body needs whatever drug your doing hence why people continue to use. Do some research before posting. Addiction is a disease. Seriously Google it.
Ok, bam, you just ended the debate for me. Whatever "disease" you have, is caused by your choice. No one chooses to have cancer. People choose to become addicted.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #45
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...really-disease

This should end the debate, addiction is NOT a disease.
No, don't post that, the addicts don't agree. It's a disease. Clearly. It just comes upon people without warning. You just wake up one day and randomly become addicted to things.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #46
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Well this is enlightening.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #47
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Ok, bam, you just ended the debate for me. Whatever "disease" you have, is caused by your choice. No one chooses to have cancer. People choose to become addicted.
Whatever you say man. Im done arguing. Im not proud of my past and have over come it and it has made me a better person. You have your views and I have mine. I've had plenty of doctors and therapists tell me its a disease. I think ill take their word over your and Stevesuperior
Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #48
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

YOU CAN'T FIRE ME CAUSE I QUIT
THROW ME IN THE FIRE AND I WON'T THROW A FIT
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #49
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
Whatever you say man. Im done arguing. Im not proud of my past and have over come it and it has made me a better person. You have your views and I have mine. I've had plenty of doctors and therapists tell me its a disease. I think ill take their word over your and Stevesuperior
You do you man, i'm gonna go finish the super bowl. I think i'm addicted to it.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #50
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hang in the brother, I'm with you all the way. Some people refuse to understand. Most of them are the ones that are in denial of their on addiction. Whatever it may be.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #51
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #52
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Well this is enlightening.

It sure was.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #53
usc52
Workaholic

Male

Quote:
You do you man, i'm gonna go finish the super bowl. I think i'm addicted to it.
lol... ridiculous. Have a good night.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #54
usc52
Workaholic

Male

Quote:
Hang in the brother, I'm with you all the way. Some people refuse to understand. Most of them are the ones that are in denial of their on addiction. Whatever it may be.
Thanks man. Some people on this forum are ridiculous sometimes.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #55
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
If prescribed by a professional, sure. That's why we have medicine, to help. Not to latch on too.
Quote:

It sure was.
No offense, genuinely, no offense, but i'm not gonna watch a cartoon video from youtube about addiction. Considering there was an article posted mere moments ago that will dispute everything that video says.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #56
sharpstick
4-Star

Male

sharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talons

Let me tell you what I think is sad. People feel sorry for a dum ass addict that dies from a overdose, but make fun of a fellow that accidently drinks gas, lites a cigarette and dies. Both men were wrong, difference is, one man is put on a pedestal because he was and actor, the other is a unknown. Where's the jokes about the addict?
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #57
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
Thanks man. Some people on this forum are ridiculous sometimes.
Genuine question, and then i'm done. How am I being ridiculous? I'm making very valid points and all you can do is say i'm wrong. You don't provide any insight other than saying i'm wrong, or saying that people choose to do it, which is what I said, yet i'm being ridiculous? I'm sure the response i'll get with this is "i'm done. you just don't get it."
Old 02-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #58
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
If prescribed by a professional, sure. That's why we have medicine, to help. Not to latch on too.

No offense, genuinely, no offense, but i'm not gonna watch a cartoon video from youtube about addiction. Considering there was an article posted mere moments ago that will dispute everything that video says.

Your showing ignorance still...

Watch the damn video.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #59
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah a therapist always tells the truth, they tell you its a disease so you don't feel bad about yourself because you make bad choices, no one just wakes up and thinks I am going to try a narcotic today, you decided that on your own. Because if that was the case someone will wake up tomorrow and decide you know what I am going to turn the stove on high and put my hand on it. Overdoses is Darwinism at it's finest.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #60
usc52
Workaholic

Male

Quote:
Genuine question, and then i'm done. How am I being ridiculous? I'm making very valid points and all you can do is say i'm wrong. You don't provide any insight other than saying i'm wrong, or saying that people choose to do it, which is what I said, yet i'm being ridiculous? I'm sure the response i'll get with this is "i'm done. you just don't get it."
Because I'm at work and on my phone. If you would like to have this conversation in a pm at a later time I'm all for it man. Kind of hard to prove my point on a phone while ringing up customers