CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
M.C.
75CarolinaFan
An Aggies View of th (1177)
My predictions for 2 (1066)
Elcid99 (923)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (858)
Tennessee (787)
Question on Student (522)
Erin Murray's brothe (504)
Clowney in Practice (463)
Camp scheduled relea (375)
Bad movies that are (226)
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Green and Lammons
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Tennessee
Elcid99
John Abraham DUI
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Question on Student Secti
FIFA 14 on PS3

Old 02-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervous
Default 16 days from now...

the NFL combine begins. I am looking forward to seeing what Clowney does for two reasons. One, because he has personally stated that he is going to prove the hype is legitimate. Two, this probably will be the last time he ever clocks a 40 or logs his vertical or bench press. He reminds me of Bo Jackson in the sense that both are physical freaks of nature, and they only come around once every 20 years or so. I would have loved seeing Bo compete in these drills in his prime. I don't intend to miss out on Clowney. Here's to hoping he shatters the record books!
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 16 days from now...

I am looking forward to it as well. Not only to see Clowney, but to see what Shaw does for the scouts.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervous

I think there will be a buzz around Shaw and he will continue to garner praise from the critics. He should get drafted between the 4th and 6th round.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
lillianhofstader
Walk On

Female

lillianhofstader has hatched from the shell

I am only looking forward for Clowney..lol
lillianhofstader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I doubt Clowney benches. In fact, if his feet/health aren't perfect, he may not run. He has very little to prove, despite lackluster stats last year. I'm certain many teams covet him regardless.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #6
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

He has already stated that he is going to perform every event. So unless he has a change of heart... I think this is an attempt at his agents advice to enter the draft with a lot of positivity. Critics have been spending a lot of time questioning his effort and attitude in the last 6 months. It would be much better to have people marvel over his physical abilities going into the draft. We know he is a physical freak, but a lot of people will not believe the reported 40 unless it is at the combine. Darrel Scott has been clocked anywhere from a 4.4 to 4.7. Doubters will believe the 4.7, others won't. If Clowney runs a laser timed 4.5 and benches 30 or more reps its all people will be talking about.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
He has already stated that he is going to perform every event. So unless he has a change of heart... I think this is an attempt at his agents advice to enter the draft with a lot of positivity. Critics have been spending a lot of time questioning his effort and attitude in the last 6 months. It would be much better to have people marvel over his physical abilities going into the draft. We know he is a physical freak, but a lot of people will not believe the reported 40 unless it is at the combine. Darrel Scott has been clocked anywhere from a 4.4 to 4.7. Doubters will believe the 4.7, others won't. If Clowney runs a laser timed 4.5 and benches 30 or more reps its all people will be talking about.
He definitely said that, and I'm sure he meant it. Bus Cook is a brilliant agent. They're doing private runs, workouts, etc. If he doesn't measure up to expectations in the private sessions, he won't do the event.

I hope Clowney does all of them but Bus Cook won't leave anything to chance. He's a calculating genius and he won't allow Clowney to look bad.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
He definitely said that, and I'm sure he meant it. Bus Cook is a brilliant agent. They're doing private runs, workouts, etc. If he doesn't measure up to expectations in the private sessions, he won't do the event.

I hope Clowney does all of them but Bus Cook won't leave anything to chance. He's a calculating genius and he won't allow Clowney to look bad.
Agree 100%. I don't see Clowney dropping past the Falcons even if he doesn't compete in the Combine. But if he does things no one has ever done before I could see the pressure to take him at #1 too much for the Texans to pass on him.