CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
Spurticus
TheUniversityofSC
Aggie96
johnnyb
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
The Field (2014)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1882)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1513)
Spurrier winning at (1233)
Anyone watching pti (1116)
One of the great thi (1104)
GAME (1035)
Defensive Backfield (962)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (834)
Death in the family (773)
**USC vs. Texas A&M G
Trying to Watch on Fios
"We Believe" st
"Air Ball!!"
Official SEC Network and
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Goodwill for Gamers
Sandstorm towels
Early dismissal for Richl
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS ?

Old 08-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material
Default Prayers Needed

Not for me, but for a family in Newberry. The Newberry community lost a great man over the weekend, and nobody saw it coming. News spread fast and the community is kind of in shock. The wife is a teacher in Newberry, has been for years. She taught both of my brothers, and a lot of other people here. All 3 of their children are in college.

The main reason I ask is because the son is having a really tough time. He is a red shirt junior football player at Furman, and his father passed away suddenly over the weekend. The father had been cutting grass, walked in the house and just fell over. The young man is a great person, and was a super star athlete in high school in four sports. He is really having a hard time, his dad never missed a game, and I think he doesn't know what to do right now. I am kind of worried about him. He is strong, but I don't know if he is strong enough for everything he is dealing with right now. I know the entire community is trying to comfort him and the family, but we can only do so much.

Here is some video of the son from high school:

I ask that you please keep this family in your prayers. It won't be the same not seeing his dad at every football, basketball, and baseball game, or seeing him at the local youth fields helping out.

Thanks.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Prayers Needed

Dang.

That is tough. Prayers.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Definitely keeping them in our prayers.....and thank you letting us know.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Prayers and well wishes to all involved. May God bless and keep the family.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Praying for the family.

I can really identify with this though. Same thing happened to my dad when I was in college. Best advice is to let the family know you're there for them. Even if they don't ask you for anything, it still means a lot. Also, that young man needs his family now more than ever. I didn't deal with it very well and my family and especially my wife (girlfriend at the time) really pulled me out of some dark places.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Wanted to give an update, Marcus was named Defensive Player of the Year at Furman.

From the article about the awards: McMorris, the recipient of Furman's Jeff Snipes Defensive Player of the Year honor, helped headline a big play Paladin defensive unit that paced the SoCon in turnover margin and keyed several impressive late season triumphs. The junior from Newberry, was credited with 113 tackles, nine tackles for-loss, two sacks, and two interceptions — one of which covered 89 yards for a score in a 35-17 triumph over Samford.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I know his Dad is proud.