CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
MWard
SAETerrier
Acockolypse Now
CoverTwo
ertman420
sc455
Larenz Bryant update (2002)
Victor Hampton Arres (1202)
Joeckel Transfering (1178)
2016 - Greg Little (816)
UK's Whitlow to tran (736)
What type of snake i (667)
response from charte (606)
Wu Tang affiliated r (517)
Attendance next seas (301)
how has more ESPN an (223)
Victor Hampton Arrested
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Joeckel Transfering from
how has more ESPN anounce
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM

Old 02-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #21
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: THAT JUST HAPPENED!! Ok, they're Gamecocks now; So where do they fit in, impact?

I have a feeling we are going to see more 4-3 next year. Too many talented lbs to keep off the field.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #22
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: THAT JUST HAPPENED!! Ok, they're Gamecocks now; So where do they fit in, impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
"That just happened!!" is just a fun quote from the movie Talladega Nights. And I used it to reference the fact that we just kinda swiped some pretty big time recruits out from under UGA, UF, FSU, Wisky and Nebraska's noses. All were committed at one point to those schools.

So, a little fun "That just happened!!" if you saw the movie was appropriate.

Geez. Lighten up
Shake and Bake!

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #23
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I have a feeling we are going to see more 4-3 next year. Too many talented lbs to keep off the field.
I think Ward sticks with the Spur position especially with all the spread offenses.

Definitely a strength of our team this year.

WLB - Skai, Roberts, BAW
MLB - Lewis, Holloman, Walton
Spur - Golightly, Bryant, Diggs
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #24
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Old 02-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #25
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Legion of Boom!
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #26
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I think Ward sticks with the Spur position especially with all the spread offenses.

Definitely a strength of our team this year.

WLB - Skai, Roberts, BAW
MLB - Lewis, Holloman, Walton
Spur - Golightly, Bryant, Diggs

Goodness we are absolutely stacked there. Our 3 deep would start for 95% of ACC teams.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #27
CockyCody
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 803
CockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
"That just happened!!" is just a fun quote from the movie Talladega Nights. And I used it to reference the fact that we just kinda swiped some pretty big time recruits out from under UGA, UF, FSU, Wisky and Nebraska's noses. All were committed at one point to those schools.

So, a little fun "That just happened!!" if you saw the movie was appropriate.

Geez. Lighten up
GREAT class we signed today!!! I actually thought that this post's title was in reference to the GT geek saying "We did that".
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #28
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 5655802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

You can NEVER have enough good LB's....... Other than the UGA game, our LB's played pretty damned good last season..... BAW will push for playing time, outstanding young man!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #29
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
Legion of Boom!
Already a nickname for another team. Why steal/try to force a nickname that is currently being used by another team?
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #30
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Already a nickname for another team. Why steal/try to force a nickname that is currently being used by another team?
If I am not mistaken, it was used with a photo one of the recruits put on twitter, during their Official Visit. It was their choice to put it out like that.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #31
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Well if Seattle can use 12th man, why can't we use Legion of Boom, last time I checked, "Legion of Boom" was not copyrighted.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #32
uscfsu23
Blue Chip

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Well if Seattle can use 12th man, why can't we use Legion of Boom, last time I checked, "Legion of Boom" was not copyrighted.
When was the last time you checked??
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #33
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

How bout L.O.D Legion of Doom
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #34
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
When was the last time you checked??
Never
Old 02-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #35
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I think the five most likely to see playing time are BAW, Green, Lamin, Thomas, and Joe Blue. I think DJ Smith may, also. Among Wideman, Stallworth, and Sawyer, at least one should see PT. Crosby may get on the field on special teams and Hback if we use one.
Of course, Scarnecchia will start at quarterback being the new arm on campus.
Qualifying and avoiding injury will, of course, play into the scenario.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #36
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Legion of Pow??
Old 02-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #37
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudlyBallpoint Man is crowing loudly

I'm guessing that the following will redshirt:

Donell Stanley
Terry Googer
Darin Smalls
Malik Young
Al Harris
Kalan Ritchie
Taylor Stallworth
Tyshun Samuel
Michael Scarnecchia
Blake McClain

Some playing time:

Abu Lamin
DJ Smith
Kevin Crosby
Shaquille Davidson
Jhaustin Thomas

A lot of playing time (2-deep)

Bryson Allen Williams
Dante Sawyer
Wesley Green
Chris Lammons
Dexter Wideman
Joe Blue

This is all assuming everyone qualifies. If that doesn't happen, then slot the next recruit in their position up. I may also have underestimated a few for the "some playing time" part. Goober, Smalls and Stallworth could all make an impact. Also wouldn't surprise me if DJ moved up and one of the other DBS didn't.

Thoughts?
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #38
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is all assuming everyone qualifies. If that doesn't happen, then slot the next recruit in their position up. I may also have underestimated a few for the "some playing time" part. Goober, Smalls and Stallworth could all make an impact. Also wouldn't surprise me if DJ moved up and one of the other DBS didn't.

Thoughts?
Seems like sound thinking, but I don't know about that Goober. Sounds a little strange - but, not every team has a 6'4" Goober.

Last edited by Goofyboy; 02-06-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #39
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

If Wideman and Sawyer are able to qualify, that would be absolutely HUGE. Combine them with Thomas at DE and next years group would be incredibly talented. Hopefully those two stay on the right track and are able to get here in the summer.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #40
greatwhitecock
Recruit

Male

greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb

I expect Abu to contribute early and often. I just hope we can continue to redshirt most of our incoming talent. Unless of course the player makes the coaches play him by being great. I just prefer not depending on true freshman. At least corner transitions a little easier from hs to college than a lot of positions since we're going to be relying on a couple this year! It doesn't hurt that they're all really good to begin with either. All in all I'm a happy man tonight.
greatwhitecock is offline   Reply With Quote