CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
ertman420
MWard
bigdog2003
Cunningham wants to (1173)
ESPN article on Clow (775)
Clemson Georgia Game (658)
Fumble party (367)
New Led Zep releases (151)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (146)
Truly Inspiring (133)
2014 garnet and blac (84)
2 tickets for USC vs (8)
Chick Redefines the (0)
The Bama series
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -
2015 - Davon Durant
2016 - Issac Nauta
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Jordan Scarlett -
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Name a Gamecock

Old 02-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #1
taylorssc
Swag Out

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default I Need Some Good Suggestions

Hello fellow CTers! We've got a creative bunch on here and I could use some suggestions from you guys and gals.

I've had a new job now for about 4 months (thanks in part to our own CockyMac). Well, my new job has me on the road 3 to 4 days a week, 42 weeks a year; and I love it! I'm in anywhere from 10 to 15 different cities across the Southeast each week.

I'd love some suggestions from you guys as to something I could doing to remember my trips. Photos, collections, I'm open to most things. I was doing the same thing in the Northeast for a couple years and used to collect refrigerator magnets from all the airports I flew through. Honestly, that was stupid idea.

I love history, am a big Civil War buff, very much a fan of sports. A couple ideas I had were photos of City Halls in each place, or Civil War Battlefields, minor league baseball stadiums. A lot of the CT family is much more creative than I. Would love to hear what you guys think, or what you've collected on your travels.

Looking forward to reading your ideas. Thanks everybody!
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: I Need Some Good Suggestions

Collect underwear from all the girls in the different cities.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #3
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Because of our tech-centered world of 2014, instead of collecting post cards, just send an email to your loved one: "Cali is gr8. Luv u so much. Wish you could c the apps on the hotel comp. P.S. your turn on Words With Friends."

Then have your loved one pdf all the emails, merge them into one pdf, and save it on your iCloud.

OR . . . (I plan on doing this) stop at a well-known restaurant at each location you visit and keep a menu or, if they don't have one you can keep, a business card.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #4
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

If each restaurant was guaranteed to have place-specific coasters, that's an awesome idea!

(That was TSC's idea, not mine. I'll give credit where it's due.)

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:14 AM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Shot glasses.

Get one from every town you visit.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:18 AM   #6
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

On my derby travels, I always try to get a can koozie from the host team. They've added up quickly, but some are funny or good conversation starters.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
markp_vip
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Try and find a Clemson fan in every city and five bomb them with something recognizable in the background.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

In my late 30s (and during one of the many times I have tried to teach
myself to play the guitar), I used to look up and visit music stores in the
different cities / towns I stopped into for a day or so and got Guitar Picks
with the shop's logo and name on them. I still do this from time to time
now when I can think about it. Don't know why, but it's mainly a habit with
me now.

My wife has always loved getting the collectable thimbles, from towns that
we spend the night in, or stop over in when we take vacation's / trips to
different places.