CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
Spurticus
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
donbgamecock
kingofnerf
So, why is next year (2633)
How Long Will The Re (1761)
Why do so many of yo (1277)
Restaurant musts in (1227)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (915)
Shot in the arm for (912)
Custom Jersey (517)
5 Gourmet Foods That (406)
Abu Bowl Ready (316)
looks like we have 2 (263)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
The Vent and Coaching cha
Shot in the arm for the D
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
How Long Will The Rebuild
Why do so many of you guy
5 Gourmet Foods That Used

Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #21
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Projected Depth Chart

its possible a carry or two trickles down to the 4th back especially if we decide to do some two halfback sets with wilds to get him on the field and give defenses a headache, but i wouldnt count on it in a close game. reason being theres not likely going to be that many carries to go around unless we decide to play uptempo which is doubtful, and i dont think sands wants to go beyond 3 in any given game unless the situation calls for it or its a blowout.

expect cooper to get the inside track at slot receiver because he's a little more physical and im not sure theyre going to put nick jones inside. the real question is who's going to jump into those last two spots in the top 6. big spring for whitehurst, smith, jeffery, fuller, and brent.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #22
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

We will be very young at CB, but after NSD I went from being very concerned to being confident that we have enough talented young men at that position for it to become a position of strength during the season.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #23
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I'd put my money on Kaiwan starting over TJ.
Agree and lead the team in tackles
2four2Gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #24
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537793047022130
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Because he will. You will not see Mike Davis carrying the rock 20 times a game this year. Maybe 15 at the most, these carries are going to be split among the 4.
I sure hope you're right. To my thinking it just doesn't make sense to grind a great big-play back into a dinged-up spent warrior, when he could be kept fresh and hopefully generating big plays the entire year. We have way too much talent to not keep all of them as fresh and involved as possible.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #25
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I don't know that BAW needs to RS for weight purposes... he is already 6'1 or 6'2 230 lbs... he is fantastic size for an incoming LB.
That young man is a tremendous football player...Our best LB recruit in quite sometime...He will play a lot and push for starting spot before mid season...

Are you gents forgetting Devonte Washington at DE...He redshirted and is 6'4"255
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #26
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

annnd Kelvin Rainey apparently still can't crack the 2 deep...I expect Phillip Dukes to get in there allot. Also, I'm still not a fan of Golightly against the power run. Wisconsin dominated our 2nd level.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #27
A-Cluckwork-Orange
Optimist

Male

A-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his comb

I thin Jonathon Walton gets quality PT at MLB next season. Kid balled on special teams.
A-Cluckwork-Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #28
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

The spring game will be interesting this year. Won't be able to tell about our
secondary at the end of April, so the team is going to be VASTLY different
at the end of August, than it will be coming out of the Spring game.
Changes will definitely be made to make positions for a couple of the freshmen
DBs that will HAVE TO START this season, as well as (IMO) at least one
of the incoming DEs and possibly one of the DTs getting substantial PT this
year.

We should be fine on the Offensive side, but I really think Connor Mitch is
going to work into the backup spot, and who knows how much higher he can
go during the season. The tools that young man has to develop into a top
notch QB are undeniable. Can't wait to see how he develops this spring / fall.

Won't even begin to speculate on a depth chart at this point. I think David
Williams is going to push hard for a lot of PT, but we are stacked at RB, so
hard to tell how that position will look at the start of the season.

Coaches are going to have a lot of evaluation and planning before we get
a D/Chart ready for this coming season.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #29
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
The spring game will be interesting this year. Won't be able to tell about our
secondary at the end of April, so the team is going to be VASTLY different
at the end of August, than it will be coming out of the Spring game.
Changes will definitely be made to make positions for a couple of the freshmen
DBs that will HAVE TO START this season, as well as (IMO) at least one
of the incoming DEs and possibly one of the DTs getting substantial PT this
year.

We should be fine on the Offensive side, but I really think Connor Mitch is
going to work into the backup spot, and who knows how much higher he can
go during the season. The tools that young man has to develop into a top
notch QB are undeniable. Can't wait to see how he develops this spring / fall.

Won't even begin to speculate on a depth chart at this point. I think David
Williams is going to push hard for a lot of PT, but we are stacked at RB, so
hard to tell how that position will look at the start of the season.

Coaches are going to have a lot of evaluation and planning before we get
a D/Chart ready for this coming season.
I just hope that we have the talent and that SOS has the faith in the RBs to rotate them in and out like what LSU does. It seems that if 1 RB gets hot he just sticks with them. Ideally I'd like for us to have 3 hot RBs and be able to keep them fresh throughout the game and late into the season.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #30
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
My opinion on how I see our depth chart to look against A&M:

QB: Dylan Thompson/Brendan Nosovitch

RB: Mike Davis/Brandon Wilds

FB: Connor McLaurin/Joe Blue

TE: Busta Anderson/Jerell Adams

WR: Shaq Roland/Shamier Jeffery

WR: Nick Jones/Jody Fuller

WR: Damiere Byrd/Pharoh Cooper

OT: Corey Robinson/Cody Gibson

OG: AJ Cann/Brock Stadnik

OC: Cody Waldrop/Clayton Stadnik

OG: NaTy Rodgers/DJ Park

OT: Brandon Shell/Mike Matulis

DE: Gerald Dixon/Gerald Turner

DT: JT Surratt/Kelsey Griffin

DT: Gerald Dixon Jr/Abu Lamin

DE: Jhaustin Thomas/Darius English

LB: TJ Holloman/Kawain Lewis

LB: Skai Moore/Marcquis Roberts

LB: Sharrod Golightly/Jordan Diggs

CB: Jamari Smith/DJ Smith

SS: Brison Williams/Kadetrix Marcus

FS: Chaz Elder/TJ Gurley

CB: Rico McWilliams/Wesley Green

A few notes, I only listed the starters and two deep, but I fully expect to see players like Bryant, Dukes, Walton, etc contribute. As for the incoming freshman, I'd expect everyone to r/s except for (assuming everyone qualifies) McClain, Wideman, Sawyer, Lammons, Blue, Green, Smith, and Samuel.

So, thoughts?
Ronnie Martin will be at one corner. Brison Williams will be at the other unless Smith knocks it out of the park by the opener.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #31
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I just hope that we have the talent and that SOS has the faith in the RBs to rotate them in and out like what LSU does. It seems that if 1 RB gets hot he just sticks with them. Ideally I'd like for us to have 3 hot RBs and be able to keep them fresh throughout the game and late into the season.
The Connor Mitch, Brendan Nosovitch battle is gonna be really good...Don't underestimate Nosovitch..Noso can fling it and run it...

On defense i am curious to see how much Kelsey Griffin and Devonte Washington progress...Both might press for starting spots
Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #32
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

All I know is, after this years NSD and looking at what we have now, we have SO MUCH TALENT on this team. More than any team we have had before. There is so much talent and almost not enough room for it. That is a good feeling.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #33
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Man it is great to see posts that say "You forgot (insert player) on a 2-deep" In the lean years it was "Who else we got?"

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #34
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Ronnie Martin will be at one corner. Brison Williams will be at the other unless Smith knocks it out of the park by the opener.
No freaking way....Why move your best safety to corner??? BW can't play corner as well as Green, Lammons or Smith...Whammy will turn the young corners loose and allow them to grow up fast...Remember Stephon Gilmore and Captain Munnerlynn had no trouble playing great ball as freshmen...Why recruit all that great talent at corner, to move Brison??
Old 02-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #35
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Because he will. You will not see Mike Davis carrying the rock 20 times a game this year. Maybe 15 at the most, these carries are going to be split among the 4.
People have been saying this for the last 3 years or so and it never happens. Spurrier rides the #1 back. I feel like we did see a little more of the backup RB last season, but the 4th string back? lol no. You probably won't even see the 3rd RB unless it's a blowout. Not happening unless we sustain some injuries at RB. Not sure what football program you've been following.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #36
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I think cooper might work his way into a big role for us. That oline is looking noice.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #37
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
That young man is a tremendous football player...Our best LB recruit in quite sometime...He will play a lot and push for starting spot before mid season...

Are you gents forgetting Devonte Washington at DE...He redshirted and is 6'4"255
I just wonder what kind of shape he is in since he hasn't been able to do any football work until he passed his concussion test...and it is Devin.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #38
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1680
treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I just wonder what kind of shape he is in since he hasn't been able to do any football work until he passed his concussion test...and it is Devin.
It's been so long since we heard about him that people forgot his name.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #39
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You don't have BAW on the two deep.
No law says baw has to be on the pre season depth chart. we can have a solid two deep next year without him.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #40
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post

Devin*
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote