CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
sporkgod50
Acockolypse Now
auslander
scfanohio
Goofyboy
Gamecockfanatic4
M.C.
SwampFox
Master Bedroom
My predictions for 2 (849)
An Aggies View of th (731)
Tennessee (491)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (385)
SEC Recruiting Advan (337)
Clowney in Practice (326)
Question on Student (289)
Erin Murray's brothe (243)
Camp scheduled relea (228)
Galaxy vs Seatle (196)
Green and Lammons
Question on Student Secti
Galaxy vs Seatle
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
2015 - Zack Bailey
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Hello Gamecocks!
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Tennessee
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit

Old 02-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit
Default Remember when...

Remember when...we were the team did something as crazy as win at home against the No. 4 Ole Miss team... it created a Sandstorm...
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Remember when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Remember when...we were the team did something as crazy as win at home against the No. 4 Ole Miss team... it created a Sandstorm...
Ahhh the infant stages of sandstorm. Honestly say South Carolina started that fad. I remember the first time I saw it was the LSU game
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Great night.

I had taken a friend of mine that had never been to a college football game before.

After the game he said, "OK, I get it."
Old 02-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

My wife won wife of the century that day. Had someone at work give me 2 tickets that day for 10 bucks, it was her birthday. We had 2 kids at the time, and getting a babysitter was too expensive for us, and I'd already done something for her birthday. I turned down the tickets, since it was her birthday and had no babysitter...she told me to take them and to take my best friend, I turned her down on it 3 times before she basically told me she'd be mad if I didn't take the tickets. So my friend and I went, and she watched from home as we knocked off No. 4 Ole Miss...talk about not being able to repay that one back.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

After moving from Columbia to Mississippi had to put up with State/Ole Miss fans. We became friends with an Ole Miss couple. They invited us to watch this game with a bunch their friends. We have not been invited back to watch ANY games since.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Took my son , His first time at a live game at Bryce. What a great feeling, he was amazed.Have front page in my scrap book.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb

Yeah that was a great game in the student section. I believe we only had like 70,000 that night too because I remember the east upper barely half full, but it was easily one of the loudest environments I've been in.
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Freshman DE Devin Taylor. What a long, strange trip it's been...

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Ahhh the infant stages of sandstorm. Honestly say South Carolina started that fad. I remember the first time I saw it was the LSU game
It began with the basketball team. This game was the infant stages for its use in football, which was initially met with a bit of resistance as it was "a basketball thing" that some fans wanted to keep as a tradition for that sport only.

Luckily the Sandstorm won, blew everyone away, and is now a tradition for the entire university.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Steve Spurrier - "Hopefully we can get a little offense going"

And we did.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #11
chrism7d4
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2061
chrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPit

One of the best games i've been to
chrism7d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #12
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

Jeez, I don't remember Ole Miss ever being ranked #4. Was that the year they beat Florida when they were #1?
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
Jeez, I don't remember Ole Miss ever being ranked #4. Was that the year they beat Florida when they were #1?
I think that was the year they were all hyped up preseason and Jevan Snead was the second coming of Peyton Manning, and they fell flat on their faces.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Last edited by Gamecocks1137; 02-04-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Mispelled thier QB's name from lack of edumacation
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #14
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

That was the same year we started the 5 in a row.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #15
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
That was the same year we started the 5 in a row.
that was 2007 and it was 6 in a row.. lost the last 6 games to finish 6-6

in 2009 we lost to UGA 2nd game of the year
Old 02-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #16
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism7d4 View Post
One of the best games i've been to
I forgot how bad Craig James was.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #17
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
that was 2007 and it was 6 in a row.. lost the last 6 games to finish 6-6

in 2009 we lost to UGA 2nd game of the year
i think he means clem5on five.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #18
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Jevan Snead...just another QB that the Brice got to.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
It began with the basketball team. This game was the infant stages for its use in football, which was initially met with a bit of resistance as it was "a basketball thing" that some fans wanted to keep as a tradition for that sport only.

Luckily the Sandstorm won, blew everyone away, and is now a tradition for the entire university.
We've been playing it since 2000 at the sarge.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #20
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
i think he means clem5on five.
Ahh yes touché