CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
roosterdude21
acejrock
NJCocky14
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7988)
Super-Efficient Ax (318)
South Carolina @ Aub (279)
BREAD (242)
Starz Black Sails (166)
Dress shirt help (161)
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?
What is your perfect egg?
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Connor Mitch

Old 02-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Liquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his comb
Question Who is our #1 QB and RB prospect in '15?

Let the discussion begin.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who is our #1 QB and RB prospect in '15?

Damien Harris at RB or Bryant at QB as of now, they are the only big time RB/QB duo we have offered at this point. Not saying BIG TIME is what we need, but just looking at it from the outside right now, they are the higher prospects we have offered.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

From what I can tell Wimbush at QB and RB could be Love but I'd be shocked if we aren't taking 2 at RB.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

I've heard Bryce Love and Eric Swinney tossed around at RB. I believe we haven't offered Swinney yet but we're really interested. Legitimately, I doubt we'll get Damian Harris.

I have no clue at QB.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

At this point it's probably hard to tell because there will be some other offers go out before we really see who the coaches are targeting. There are actually a few RB's out there-Love comes to mind first, but there's McCloud and apparently Jordan Scarlett also wants to visit.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

we've offered Wimbush and Jackson at QB for 2015......nothing settled for RB.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #7
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Scarlett and love would be a good duo. Hope we get those two
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Scarlett is already committed to FIU and from every person named in this thread not a single one has a prediction to us on 247.

I hope we have backup plans
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Scarlett is already committed to FIU and from every person named in this thread not a single one has a prediction to us on 247.

I hope we have backup plans
In another thread, there was a report that Scarlett wanted to take an OV here. I don't know what our chances are with him, but he obviously likes us enough to do that.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #10
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
In another thread, there was a report that Scarlett wanted to take an OV here. I don't know what our chances are with him, but he obviously likes us enough to do that.
I remember hearing the same thing with Marlon Humphrey last year and :/.

So lets ask another question: Is there anyone we lead with at rb and qb for next years class?
Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #11
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I think Scarlett being committed to fiu doesn't last. We have a shot w. Him. And I believe we lead w. Bryce love
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:47 AM   #12
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

Scarlett is committed to Florida Atlantic, not FIU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #13
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchite4 View Post
Scarlett is committed to Florida Atlantic, not FIU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
too many damn florida schools
Old 02-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #14
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Kelly Bryant has an offer as an ATH, not a QB. Kevin Johnson does not have an offer either.

Brandon Wimbush appears to be our #1 QB. I'm not sure if we have offered Lamar Jackson as a QB or ATH.

RB Johnny Frasier has seen a bunch of offers come in as of late and he is one to watch as far as RBs go. Bryce Love is another name. I think most expect us to take 2 RBs this cycle.

Jordan Scarlett is only committed to FAU right now because his HS coach took that job. There is little chance of him actually ending up there.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #15
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I like Brandon Wimbush the most right now, plus I have to believe that it would help to have him favoring us, so that potentially Minkah Fitzpatrick would come here as well. Both those guys are studs at their positions.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudly

Only reason he committed to them early, his high school coach (Roger Harriott) took a coaching position with FAU.

Scarlett said the only teams he is interested out of state is USC, Wisconsin and Ohio St. He plans to take official visits to the three schools this summer.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #17
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I wanna see us get Johnny Frasier and Bryce Love at RB for 2015. That'd be a solid haul.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
Kelly Bryant has an offer as an ATH, not a QB. Kevin Johnson does not have an offer either.

Brandon Wimbush appears to be our #1 QB. I'm not sure if we have offered Lamar Jackson as a QB or ATH.

RB Johnny Frasier has seen a bunch of offers come in as of late and he is one to watch as far as RBs go. Bryce Love is another name. I think most expect us to take 2 RBs this cycle.

Jordan Scarlett is only committed to FAU right now because his HS coach took that job. There is little chance of him actually ending up there.
what are the realistic chances that either Kelly Bryant or Kevin Johnson end up here?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #19
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
what are the realistic chances that either Kelly Bryant or Kevin Johnson end up here?
I would say not good since Bryant wants to play QB and we are not recruiting him as one.

Kevin Johnson is 5'10, he needs to grow a few inches before he gets an offer as a QB
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #20
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

As said...Brandon Wimbush and Lamar Jackson are the QB prospects...I'm partial to Jackson at the moment...

RB, Bryce Love and Johnny Frazier.

I will say, landing Wimbush could help a lot with CB Minkah Fitzpatrick.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote