CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27962)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2224)
Simple "yes&quo (1571)
We actually didnt lo (1343)
Phil Steele just pre (1251)
what I think ab ward (1119)
Eat Crow (1015)
Extremely Proud (1001)
Garcia: Change the R (796)
I want people to exp (724)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
I want people to explain
We actually didnt lose
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

View Poll Results: BEST HAIR METAL BAND EVER: First Round
Seed #4: Cinderella 20 68.97%
Seed #13: Twisted Sister 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default BEST HAIR METAL BAND TOURNAMENT: Cinderella (#4) vs Twisted Sister (#13)

Vote for your favorite band between these two

Seed #4: CINDERELLA

Seed #13: TWISTED SISTER

Old 02-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: BEST HAIR METAL BAND TOURNAMENT: Cinderella (#4) vs Twisted Sister (#13)

Cinderella was my top pick on my list of 10 in the nominations. They were
a band that grew on me fast in the 80s. Nobody's Fool was a hell of a
first hit for them and got me interested enough in the band to buy Night Songs,
and listen to it. That in turn got me to check them out a find out what the
band was all about. ... Tom Keifer had an amazing vocal range and used
his vocals much like Axel Rose and Robert Plant. Cinderella also had a more
"Bluesy" sound to a lot of their music which made me continue to listen
to this band through the 80s until they eventually broke up originally
because Keifer had blown out his vocal chords putting so much into his
live shows.

Twisted Sister had somewhat of a Cult Following. When you first saw them
you just went "Nah...not worth the time", but once you got past their
appearance, they were a decent band. I just felt like most of their effort
was to appeal only to the "Show Aspect" of their music and I didn't get
the feeling it was something they did because they enjoyed doing it. I
got more of a sense they did it for the fame and money only.
Dee Snider was one of the more interesting front men of the 80s "off the
stage" though. Dude was extremely intelligent and vocal about so many
political and social issues. ..IMO, had he put that kind of passion into
what the band was doing, they would have been twice as good as they
were.

CINDERELLA gets the vote in this matchup
Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: BEST HAIR METAL BAND TOURNAMENT: Cinderella (#4) vs Twisted Sister (#13)

Wow this is a really tough one for me - Cinderella was definitely a great band (heard "Nobody's Fool" a couple weeks ago on the SiriusXM 80's On 8 Big 40 Countdown and it's still stuck in the head ), but as I've stated before I think the "Hair Metal" category encompasses the total package and it doesn't get any hairier than Snider, plus like you said he's a pretty cool dude just in general. Going to have to think on this one for a bit :-)
Old 02-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Hold the effin' phone here. If you're going to post the We're Not Gonna Take It video, it needs to be the full video with Niedermeyer in all his glory!

Old 02-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

If Cinderella loses this, I will boycott the rest of this tournament. Just saying.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Some Good Chit Here !

Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Some Good Chit Here !

My least favorite song by Cinderella. Ok it's not even a favorite. I just don't like this one at all.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

My favorite Cinderella song ever! Simple but beautiful. Love Tom's voice.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #9
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
My least favorite song by Cinderella. Ok it's not even a favorite. I just don't like this one at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
My favorite Cinderella song ever! Simple but beautiful. Love Tom's voice.

Long Cold Winter wasn't my Favorite Song by them, just loved the Blues
licks. Not a bad song over all (IMO) but something I could listen to A Lot.

Cinderella did several songs I REALY LIKED. Nobody's Fool was a hell of
song, but probably my favorites were Last Mile and Heartbreak Station.
Songs from early in their career and right before the band dissolved
originally. Good band with a unique sound and a great live act.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #10
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Long Cold Winter wasn't my Favorite Song by them, just loved the Blues
licks. Not a bad song over all (IMO) but something I could listen to A Lot.

Cinderella did several songs I REALY LIKED. Nobody's Fool was a hell of
song, but probably my favorites were Last Mile and Heartbreak Station.
Songs from early in their career and right before the band dissolved
originally. Good band with a unique sound and a great live act.
I would put those three up there as well. Last Mile was good but not great. I liked Coming Home as well. However, I don't think Cinderella gets enough credit for their later stuff.

I liked Still Climbing and Heartbreak Station. Shelter Me and Heartbreak Station were both good. I liked Through the Rain as well. Cinderella really didn't last long at all - just 4 albums. But I thought all of them were pretty good. Night Songs was a great debut album and I thought they finished well with Still Climbing.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

This has little to do with the topic of deciding between these two bands, but if you're going to talk about metal, the 80's and Twister Sister, this video needs to be thrown in:

GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #12
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

If Twisted Sister wins this poll, I'm personally going to hunt down each one of you that voted for them over Cinderella and pull your underwear up your a** so far your eyes pop out! TS epitomized "Dork Metal" and is an embarrassment to the Hair Metal genre. Their crap was not good, not even decent. Good musicians? Maybe, but man, no one with any hint of street cred in those days would be caught dead rocking out to those guys.

See if you recognize the celebrity at the end of the video..

Old 02-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #13
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Twisted Sister was pretty cool for the time and some of their music isn't bad. The difference is Cinderella was actually a decent band. They weren't a gimmick or a sideshow act. I thought this one was going to be tougher than it turned out to be.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Twisted Sister was pretty cool for the time and some of their music isn't bad. The difference is Cinderella was actually a decent band. They weren't a gimmick or a sideshow act. I thought this one was going to be tougher than it turned out to be.
^
This

Dee Snider actually made the point in that senate hearing that he "specifically"
didn't write lyrics that suggested violence, S/M, Drug or Alcohol use etc..
but the lyrics he did simply were about Rock n Roll "Fun" and some
specific personal moments in his life. That kind of music only appealed to
like minded fans, but they had a fairly strong following in the mid / late
80s. As I said in my original post in this thread. At first site I was a turned
off by them and their music, but if you listed to their albums, you got a
sense that it wasn't as bad as the first impression you got from their
videos and music. I didn't DISLIKE them, I just didn't think they were
overly impressive. Like a lot of the other 80s Glam Metal bands.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #15
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Bad Seamstress Blues...enough said
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #16
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Bad Seamstress Blues...enough said

Excellent Choice !
Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 AM   #17
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Cover of a Janis Joplin Classic:

This was not recorded on any of Cinderella's studio albums, but they did
it for an album along with some other artists, to raise money for some
charity.

Album was Stairway to Heaven, Highway to Hell
Old 02-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #18
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Another unrecorded cover song by Cinderella

Saw Cinderella in Greenville right after they released Night Songs. They
opened for (the 80s version of) Grand Funk Railroad and ZZ Top. HELL OF A SHOW.

Saw them a few years later also in Greenville when I took my Brother In
Law to see Ratt and Poison. Cinderella opened for them as well, but
Cinderella was CLEARLY the best act that night. Not just by my opinion,
but from the crowd's reaction. ... They did this for an encore and almost
brought the roof down. ... Crowd wouldn't let them go, so they came out
a second time and did Sweet home Alabama With some of their road crew
and stage hands out on stage with them. Memorable Performance they
put on that night.

Last edited by Spurticus; 02-12-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #19
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Cindarella
Old 02-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #20
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm partial to this one: