CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
Jwilson
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
PosiVibeWarrior
SMOTFS86
kabercr2
purebredcock
**USC vs. South Alab (17691)
Drew Owens missing? (1937)
Clemson (1700)
Question about after (1320)
Awful Shooting Conti (976)
Dylan Thompson surpa (886)
Gamecock Men Have Be (802)
Shaq Roland (621)
FishFry 47-yarder (515)
Prayers needed!!! (474)
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Tenn-Mizzou game
Shaq Roland
clemson game time: Noon o
what I think ab ward
Predict nonconference win
Clemson
**USC vs. South Alabama G
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
USC women new #1?

Old 02-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default The Masters

Anybody have some advice for me when I go to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round? I've never been so I really don't know what to expect or what to do once I get onto the grounds. Would appreciate any tips! Go Gamecocks!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
Anybody have some advice for me when I go to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round? I've never been so I really don't know what to expect or what to do once I get onto the grounds. Would appreciate any tips! Go Gamecocks!
Get there at 9:30.

Park on Berckmans rd and walk in the back side entrance.

Go put your chairs down on 16. (Make sure you have fold-out chairs with no arms. Do not come without chairs.)

Walk the course in reverse from that point. (holes 15-10)

Admire the people eating lunch at the clubhouse.

Go to the practice area and watch people hit balls.

Go to # 1 and watch someone tee off. Then walk the front 9 until you get to #6.

Go sit in your seats at 16 for the rest of the day.

Order the "Import" beer, and sample all available sandwich options. Including ice cream sandwich b/t two chocolate chip cookies.

Leave

Buy souvenirs on your way out.

Go to Hooters on Washington Rd.

Anyone who reads this and goes to Augusta should give me points immediately. It is the perfect way to watch the Masters.

Last edited by Nureye; 02-07-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

LOL...Someone has done this a few times.....Perfect plan...Except Hooters...
Old 02-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
FLCock89
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2800
FLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudly

I worked there in 2010 and can say from what I saw/learned, Nureye hit everything perfectly. Also, for food on-course, the Pimento Cheese sandwich is what everyone raves about. If that's something up your alley, definitely get it.

It can't be stressed enough though: BRING A CHAIR. If you plant a chair down early in the morning, that becomes your permanent seat for the entire day even if you leave it to go do/see other things. I can't begin to describe the mad rush when the course opens on Sunday with people bullrushing the 18th hole with chairs in hopes of getting a seat to see the final shots of the tournament. You won't have as much competition at 18 on a Tuesday practice round, but the 16th is the premiere place for spectating that day. The 16th has a water hazard where players usually try to "skip" their tee shot over the water on practice rounds. It's a lot of fun to watch so if you can get there I recommend it.

Have fun!
FLCock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

I appreciate the knowledge! Yeah I lucked into getting two tickets through the public lottery so my brother and I are going to go make a day of it. I've heard you are allowed to bring cameras in for practice rounds. My other question is when does everything start winding down for the day AKA when are they going to kick me out?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
I appreciate the knowledge! Yeah I lucked into getting two tickets through the public lottery so my brother and I are going to go make a day of it. I've heard you are allowed to bring cameras in for practice rounds. My other question is when does everything start winding down for the day AKA when are they going to kick me out?
You'll know it's time to leave when you've convinced yourself that you can carry 6 beers in one trip.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
You'll know it's time to leave when you've convinced yourself that you can carry 6 beers in one trip.
Well said sir, well said.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

be sure to wear gamecock gear
Old 02-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
dan.man.44
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
dan.man.44 is learning to peckdan.man.44 is learning to peck

Egg salad and pimento cheese sandwiches are awesome.
dan.man.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #10
FLCock89
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2800
FLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudlyFLCock89 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Besides the tournament itself, one of the best parts of The Masters I think. Compared to other sporting events, the beers are really cheap.
FLCock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
Jim Lahey
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

The food and beer are both surprisingly cheap. Have fun
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

If you really are interested in a good place to eat nearby, skip Hooters and hit T Bonz just down the street close to I20. Hooters might have some hotties there that week though that they import from elsewhere for Masters week.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #13
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

My girlfriend goes to South Carolina and is going to be a waitress there. Name is Chrissy Gerth if you happen to get her as a server tip her well! She's a gamecock!
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #14
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1060200
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
My girlfriend goes to South Carolina and is going to be a waitress there. Name is Chrissy Gerth if you happen to get her as a server tip her well! She's a gamecock!
Pics or gtfo.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #15
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I usually set a chair on 18. Watch about half the field tee off at #1 until I find a group I am interested in following. Follow them for a bit then go to amen corner and get a good seat there and watch for a while. Then follow a group or two again until I get to my seats at 18 and post up there until everyone finishes. I go on Sundays though. That's just general strategy, I often get distracted and post up at other holes randomly. Easy to get sucked in. I like the spot behind the 16th green where you can watch 3 holes at once.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:01 PM   #16
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Get there at 9:30.

Park on Berckmans rd and walk in the back side entrance.

Go put your chairs down on 16. (Make sure you have fold-out chairs with no arms. Do not come without chairs.)

Walk the course in reverse from that point. (holes 15-10)

Admire the people eating lunch at the clubhouse.

Go to the practice area and watch people hit balls.

Go to # 1 and watch someone tee off. Then walk the front 9 until you get to #6.

Go sit in your seats at 16 for the rest of the day.

Order the "Import" beer, and sample all available sandwich options. Including ice cream sandwich b/t two chocolate chip cookies.

Leave

Buy souvenirs on your way out.

Go to Hooters on Washington Rd.

Anyone who reads this and goes to Augusta should give me points immediately. It is the perfect way to watch the Masters.

Yours is not a bad way to watch a Practice Round at the Masters. The food is cheaper at the sandwich stands, so load up inside the National as you will have a harder time finding a good place to get into in Augusta, GA when you leave. Pray that the weather is nice and warm and the ladies will come out in style.

I would have to say that the "Best Way To See The Masters Tournament" is by watching it on TV as you get to see all the shots and best golfers. Being at the Masters is great, but no matter where you sit, you are only going to see the golf that is going on in front of you and hope that you have a good seat. Walk all over the course so that you can tell all of your friends that you have seen it all and by the end of the day, you most likely will. If it is wet and damp that day, watch out walking on some of the sloops or the pathways as they can be very slick and I have seen many people slide down them over the years. It is a beautiful course if the weather is warm and everything gets to bloom. Enjoy.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #17
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

For thurs-sun rounds, you gotta get a good spot with a view of a scoreboard. Watching the old school manually operated scoreboard updates as the players start making moves on Sunday is the best.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #18
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Step 1: Put on a costume in tribute to Spanish golfer Miguel Ángel Jiménez complete with a big, bushy mustache and cigar.

Step 2: Try to photo-bomb as many golfers as possible.

Step 3: Profit.
cocky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #19
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 960
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Collect cups.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #20
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
LOL...Someone has done this a few times.....Perfect plan...Except Hooters...
bingo. gotta go see john daly over at hooters for lunch/dinner