CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
Spurticus
b381l
Mt. Lattimore
jrussjr
RGHoskins
petecock
bigdog2003
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
1st practice tonight (1849)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1145)
We don't have a prac (790)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (781)
Could we see 3 QBs o (601)
Donell Stanley injur (541)
weather in columbia (466)
Cockytalk Fall Pract (446)
Overrated and Underr (420)
Copperheads (303)
Official SEC Network and
1st practice tonight
Auburn Loses Guard for Se
Cockytalk Fall Practice R
Could we see 3 QBs on the
Links to post-practice vi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Name a Gamecock
Shaq R.
Paul George Seriously Inj

Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit
Default Do you think Shaq leaves after this upcoming season?

He will be three years out of HS, so he could leave if he wanted. He still has lots to learn especially from a maturity standpoint, and another year at the college level would do good for him. Unless he goes for 900+ yards receiving, I don't see him grading higher than a fourth round pick in next year's draft. Another season could bump that up to the top three possibly two rounds. What are your thoughts about him staying or going?
SuperCockMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you think Shaq leaves after this upcoming season?

Bye.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

he gone..we recruit athletes who are good enough to go pro after three yrs. if he has a good year he is gone.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervousThundercocks- Ho! is making other chickens nervous

Recently our guys have shown a high propensity to leave early if they think they will be in the top 4 rounds. He should be our clear go to guy after the 3 or 4th game, meaning he should have good numbers. I guess he will leave.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Who knows anymore. It used to be guys only left for the top two rounds but lately guys leave at a 7th round projection. My guess is as long as he's projected to be drafted he'll leave.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

he is certainly talented enough. And if he has a great season, I would assume he leaves, but hopefully not
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I think he leaves if another program needs a young linebacker coach and gives him a shot. The other Shaq has a lot of talent but needs a good deal of development. If he does a lot of work this spring and summer and has a great year, it might be possible.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Yea he's been doing great work with the LB's. Gotta think someone will hire him as full time defensive assistant. I know you meant Roland but it's a possibility.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 800
garnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudly

UH , no and no
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I think yes. At most other schools, no. But here, where for some reason the culture became cool to go early no matter what, he'll go.
cockybreeyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #11
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Yea he's been doing great work with the LB's. Gotta think someone will hire him as full time defensive assistant. I know you meant Roland but it's a possibility.

But seriously, i hope he has such a great season has no choice but to go.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:42 PM   #12
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

If he does then imagine the O in 2015. Noso/Mitch throwing to googer, cooper, davidson. We'll be fine either way.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
If he does then imagine the O in 2015. Noso/Mitch throwing to googer, cooper, davidson. We'll be fine either way.
Not so fast my friend. We'll have at least 3 new OL, a new QB who has yet to start a game, and 3 new WR who haven't proved anything at their position (Counting Cooper because he has what 3 career catches?)
Old 02-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #14
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

I think Shaq would probably need at least a 1000+ receiving year to even consider leaving early. That's of course if he wants an early round pick. Anything less than 1000 yards would make him a late pick.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #15
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I think if a runner like the one that told Hampton he was going to be an early round pick, gets into Rolands ear this season, he will leave early.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #16
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

With a good season he is gone. I think these players are leaving earlier partially due to the rookie wage scale in the NFL. There used to be a huge financial incentive to come back and try to become a 1st round pick because the money was so big but now that the money is limited players want to get into the NFL faster so they can get to their 2nd contract faster.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #17
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

I Know I would
Old 02-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #18
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the skills are there where if he works hard that i can easily see him going. he shook off his 3 game break and looked like an all sec player the last 5 games. 4 td's the last 5 games, showed the ball skills, hands, and ability to get open. plus he got screwed out of a td catch and a deep bomb vs florida.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:51 AM   #19
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

If he works for it he will.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:18 AM   #20
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

He could, but I mean come on, the guy has barely done anything since he has been here. He had one break out season near the end, but it wasn't like he was Alshon, or Sidney out there. Bruce and Byrd had good seasons. I hope I eat the crow, and I am sure I will, but this is extremely premature.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote