CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
donbgamecock
GoldenSpur7
2k15
The Yancey
MountainCock
GregoryHouse
gotrice?
More Bad News For Fl (980)
Huge Event on Monday (766)
Kent State fires str (631)
Rollcall! : NC State (514)
Best tv antenna (363)
MBB 21st in national (234)
Fantasy Football 201 (184)
GA Mangus has a new (153)
Kent State fires strength
Rollcall! : NC State
2018 - Saivion Smith
Home Opener vs UK
GA Mangus has a new job
Premier League 2017-2018
2018 Commitment - Jonatha
2018 - Josh Vann - Commit
Huge Event on Monday
Bruce released by the Jet

Old 05-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 0
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Question Sling TV Opinions

Anyone with Sling TV? Opinions? Are you able to DVR shows? Do you just have to know what shows are out and watch them when you remember? Do you ever have any connectivity issues? We mostly watch Fox News, History, ESPN, MLB Network, ABC, HBO when GOTs is on, A&E and a few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
scdaze03
Beast in the East

Male

CockyCash: 500
scdaze03 has feathers coming inscdaze03 has feathers coming inscdaze03 has feathers coming in
Default Re: Sling TV Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Anyone with Sling TV? Opinions? Are you able to DVR shows? Do you just have to know what shows are out and watch them when you remember? Do you ever have any connectivity issues? We mostly watch Fox News, History, ESPN, MLB Network, ABC, HBO when GOTs is on, A&E and a few others.
Slingtv works great for me. I am not aware of DVR options with Slingtv. The trick is to download the Watch ESPN app and then login to the app using your Slingtv login credentials. The Watch ESPN is better built for sports in my opinion.
scdaze03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
scfan2001
I'm comin for u

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot material

We just went to it a few weeks ago and like it so far. We chose the Orange+Blue package for $40 and the 4 extras deal for $10. Once football season gets here, I'll add the sports package. They do have Cloud DVR now for $5/month. You can record up to 50 hours. We haven't tried that out yet. With the Blue package, you get three streams and the Orange is one. We paid 2 months up front and got a free Roku express. We also paid for one month of Directv now and got a free firestick. I'm going to cancel the Directv now before the month is up though.
scfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #4
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I liked psvue a lil more. I didn't get any local news with sling. I like getting more for severe weather than news though. I recommend comparing both. You can watch psvue on your roku.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Do u guys have a smart tv?
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #6
GoldenSpur7
obscurum per obscurius

Male

GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Works fine for me. They now have a DVR cloud option I don't use.
Got no time to slow
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #7
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Been with Sling for over a year...very happy with it
Old 05-23-2017, 12:03 AM   #8
darthtripous
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 505
darthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudlydarthtripous is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
I liked psvue a lil more. I didn't get any local news with sling. I like getting more for severe weather than news though. I recommend comparing both. You can watch psvue on your roku.
I'm dumping Direct TV at the end of the month. I've looked at the psvue and sling. Do I need a playstation device to get this service?
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:22 AM   #9
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtripous View Post
I'm dumping Direct TV at the end of the month. I've looked at the psvue and sling. Do I need a playstation device to get this service?
I believe that you do not have to have a ps just a psn Id. I know you can get it on roku as I have one but I don't know about other streaming devices.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:52 AM   #10
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Sling is great
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:30 AM   #11
wjmfour1
Recruit

Male

wjmfour1 has feathers coming inwjmfour1 has feathers coming in

Make sure your device is compatible with PS Vue. I have a Fire TV box and some generic Android boxes. PS Vue plays great on Fire TV, it will NOT play on the Android boxes - these run a mobile Google Play Store and are not compatible. The Mi Box and Nvidia Shield are the only boxes I have seen that will work. If you can get the service, PS Vue is very nice. SETVNOW.com looks like a good service, but only is available on 3 devices at a time where PS Vue is available on 5.
wjmfour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #12
Pastatroy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 25200
Pastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talons

I switched from sling to DirectvNow and I enjoy it. And I'm not sure if sling still has MLB Network but I know DT Now does
Only problem is with sling and DirecTv Now is my Braves games are getting blacked out.... Unless I watch it on my laptop which doesn't seem to make much sense for it to be blacked out on one device and not the other, so if anyone knows what that's about let me know lol
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #13
gamecocks24
4-Star

Male

gamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastatroy View Post
I switched from sling to DirectvNow and I enjoy it. And I'm not sure if sling still has MLB Network but I know DT Now does
Only problem is with sling and DirecTv Now is my Braves games are getting blacked out.... Unless I watch it on my laptop which doesn't seem to make much sense for it to be blacked out on one device and not the other, so if anyone knows what that's about let me know lol
Download the FOX Sports Go App and sign in with your credentials.
gamecocks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #14
SirBigSpur84
Walk On

Male

SirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his comb

I've had the 25$ a month sports package with sling for over a year. I'm very happy with how it's worked out. Any shows that are really well known are kept on "replay" for a period of a couple of weeks past the air date. (TWD, Better Call Saul etc...)

Download the watchespn app and sign in with your Sling credentials. The app works much better with live sports.

I also have amazon prime, hulu and Netflix. I dumped Directv over a year ago and haven't missed it one bit. I'm also saving over $100 a month and getting way more content. I highly recommend taking some of the savings and increase your internet speed to the highest bandwidth available. Otherwise everything is blurry or constantly loading. I also installed a digital antenna outside for local channels and news.

Last edited by SirBigSpur84; 05-23-2017 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: grammar
SirBigSpur84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #15
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

What about local options?
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:08 AM   #16
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

I had Sling and DirectTvNow-- I like DTN better. Pricing is better and more channels
Old 05-23-2017, 12:15 PM   #17
Pastatroy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 25200
Pastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
Download the FOX Sports Go App and sign in with your credentials.
I tried that and they only had a sign in for direct TV and not the DTN username, maybe I tried wrong though
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:40 PM   #18
Goofyboy
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I've used Sling for two football seasons. I have antennas (21 channels) and use Sling only during FB season with the SEC add-on, $25 total. I stop Sling after the last game, and sign back on before the first game. Keeps the cost down since I don't use it for anything other than sports. This year I kept it through the women's and men's basketball runs.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #19
Senior Rooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Any device including a PC will run the sling app. The Orange $20, Sports $5, Combo $10 and Cloud DVR $5 = Total $40 will cover all your stated needs. Except FOX News - if you use a ROKU device or TV you can watch Fox News & Business from the day before as multiple clips and access the National Weather Channel and a lot more.
Watch ESPN app for SEC+ and other sports. Sling has a Local Now channel for local news more like a bulletin board. Digital outside antennae $50 one time brings in 30 channels of local.

Last edited by Senior Rooster; 05-23-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Senior Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #20
scdaze03
Beast in the East

Male

scdaze03 has feathers coming inscdaze03 has feathers coming inscdaze03 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
What about local options?
I added ustvnow to my firestick and pick up ABC,FOX,NBC,CBS and a few other channels for free. The channels are based out of PA but the programming is the same as you would get with our local channels.
scdaze03 is offline   Reply With Quote