CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
SanAntonioCock
USC_21
JDJones
aftertwobowls
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Ahmad
Cockhornleghorn
rabid cock
ESPNís Marisa Martin (1757)
**USC Women vs. Clem (1424)
2014 Charleston Clas (1299)
Fan bias toward a sp (1020)
Sidney Rice is havin (915)
10 years since " (893)
RG3 - Struggles Not (785)
Family, Faith, and G (727)
Have a problem and h (551)
The Official How Do (228)
2014 Charleston Classic *
**USC Women vs. Clemson G
Why the hesitance to put
Previewing Cornell
Cocky cloth towels
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
how do you feel about Cle
10 years since "the
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
ESPNís Marisa Martin Make

Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws
Default Gamecock documentary?

Are there any types of gamecock football documentarys or something similar of old games and things of that nature? Me and my old man came across a video of older players and I could just see my old man light up when he would hear names called of people who haven't played in 30 years or more. I love sports documentarys myself. Watching the fab five one as I'm typing this. I'll include the video that we saw. Would appreciate any help or insight you have on the topic.
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Gamecock documentary?

Old 02-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

I'd be interested in this too, since I just started following the Gamecocks when Spurrier came.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

wow nothing?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

there is some old game footabe you can find on youtube. I do not know of a documentary per say.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

There's a great VHS from the late 1980s called "Gamecock Glory" that highlighted a bunch of old games, spent a lot of time in the George Rogers era, and 1984.... I think it ended in the Todd Ellis era. Unfortunately for you, theres a new "Gamecock Glory" book about our championship baseball teams, so any google searches will probably take you to that.

There is 1 more video I know of that was made in the mid 1990s called something like, "100 Years of Gamecock Football" or something to that effect.... That is more a historical video with less game footage and more pictures and interviews....

Good luck
Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

There's a great documentary that SCETV did as part of their Carolina Stories series a few years ago that focuses on the rivalry with Clemson, and it has some older Gamecock footage and interviews with former coaches and players. It shows on ETV usually the week before the game, but you can buy the DVD from their online store.

http://etvstore.org/products/detail.asp?pid=7144715134
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #8
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

There are several detailed books.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/University-S...item5022ce0a8f
Old 02-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #9
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

Thanks guys
Old 02-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #10
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post

Just put the Video ID, not the entire URL, to embed a youtube video. Quote my post to see exactly what I'm talking about.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post

Just put the Video ID, not the entire URL, to embed a youtube video. Quote my post to see exactly what I'm talking about.
George Rodgers is probably the fastest RB I have ever seen that had his size. He was a big boy, but he was fast!
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote