CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
Captain9Dragons
Cockypantherfan
SEC Network "Ta (1586)
Sunday college footb (511)
Ole Miss Projected R (510)
Early Pre-Season wom (498)
So who was the dude (488)
Kentucky Inmate Star (462)
Acock reviews the SE (457)
Get the SEC Network (433)
Tennessee hires Donn (426)
2001 vs Sandstorm (324)
2015 - Nyheim Hines
2001 vs Sandstorm
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou
Does anyone have a link t
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock

Old 02-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Cat scratch fever

So yesterday I was at the tire store and there was a cat sitting on the chair, and I went to move it, and it reared off and ripped a three-inch scratch on the top of my hand. It hurt like hell for about an hour and then it went away, although it did feel sore.

Well this morning I woke up and my hand looked like the elephant man. The back of my hand is so swollen I can barely touch it and the scratch is like a puffy white area.

I almost feel like going to the emergency room or something, the shit is so painful I can't even describe it. On top of that I have one of the most crippling headaches I've ever had. I don't know if it's related but it hurts like hell
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cat scratch fever

Ummm....Yea might want to go see the old saw bones on this one....I know they sometimes get crap caught in the paws that can cause some pretty bad infections....Hopefully it is nothing like the Urange Fever of 1981...The doctors could not find any cure for the sickness until an experiment using ExLax was done....It did slow the sickness for sure...But there were some people who didn't use Exlax and still to this day have Urange Fever...
Old 02-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

And if you don't believe me ask Spurty.....
Old 02-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Yeah, you really need to see a doctor if it's that bad. If its that infected your body can't fight it on its own, and you need meds.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107378315064
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Only 4 posts, but I'm still surprised that nobody has posted it

Old 02-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #6
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

i had it as a kid, doctor had to remove or drain a lymph node in the office, still have the scar

thanks uncle ted
Old 02-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Sounds like seeing a doctor would be a mighty fine option for what you have going on.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #8
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Had a friend with this and he had siezures caused by inflammation in his brain tissue. Do not eff with this! Get some medical attention (probably gonna be given antibiotics)... NOW!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I had it and they removed the lymph node that was swollen
Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
So yesterday I was at the tire store and there was a cat sitting on the chair, and I went to move it, and it reared off and ripped a three-inch scratch on the top of my hand. It hurt like hell for about an hour and then it went away, although it did feel sore.

Well this morning I woke up and my hand looked like the elephant man. The back of my hand is so swollen I can barely touch it and the scratch is like a puffy white area.

I almost feel like going to the emergency room or something, the shit is so painful I can't even describe it. On top of that I have one of the most crippling headaches I've ever had. I don't know if it's related but it hurts like hell
I was told by a doc sometimes in the 80s that I had gone to, that if you
had ever gotten scratched by your cat that spent the majority of time
outdoors, or by a stray cat, it needed immediate medical attention. He
told me this after seeing some old scratch marks on my hand, when I
had gone to him to have a mole removed. ...... When I told him I had
a cat that I played rough with all the time, and he at times would leave
some deep scratches on my arms.
His words:
Cats of all kinds will claw at (we call it play with) a fresh kill of theirs for
a purpose. It gets the blood and flesh and whatever bacteria the animal
had, on it's own claws. This material over time would collect germs and
several different kinds of bacteria that would infect the wounds of other
cats when they fought, or other animals when they defended themselves
against attacks.
He told me that it was best to have immediate medical attention after
a sever cat scratch, but definitely if it ever looked like it had become
infected.

I never had any sever reactions like that from the cats I used to own,
but I would have seen a doc had there been a hint of some kind of
infection based on what that doctor told me.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Go to the doc and get some antibiotics.

A few years ago we tried to adopt this cat from a family that was moving to Japan. Long story short - Turn out this was a demon cat and bit both me and the misses. Hurt like hell but we stopped the bleeding and then told the people to take their cat back or it was going to the shelter.

Day later my finger swelled up twice the normal size. Went to the doctor and got antibiotics. Dc said anytime you get bit / severely scratched by animal (even household pets) you need to get it checked out due to the bacteria.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:41 PM   #12
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudly

I'm was hoping to see a favorable update by now. Hope you got it under control.
Transmaniacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #13
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I got a shot, they cleaned it out which HURT LIKE HELL then I got some painkillers and antibiotics. I feel like a pussy. (No pun intended)
Old 02-15-2014, 01:07 AM   #14
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194811
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Glad you got medical attention and feel better.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #15
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

I hate that cat
Old 02-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #16
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

first a blizzard, then an earthquake...now you are agent zero in the zombie apocalypse. I always knew cats were evil.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:20 AM   #17
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Cats have a hidden agenda.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:25 AM   #18
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudlyTransmaniacon is crowing loudly

Cats rule. You did try to steal his seat, just saying. Sorry about your hand, though.
Transmaniacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:55 AM   #19
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

You should call the guys from Duck Dynasty to hunt that cat down for you.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #20
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

My daughter-in-law's cat scratched her thumb and that thing blew up like nobody's business. She did have to go to the ER and it was drained and the docs gave her antibiotics to take. Don't mess with it - go to the ER or at least to one of those clinics in the drugstores if you can't get to a doctor.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote