CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
M.C.
75CarolinaFan
An Aggies View of th (1114)
My predictions for 2 (1032)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (771)
Tennessee (741)
Elcid99 (732)
Question on Student (501)
Erin Murray's brothe (465)
Clowney in Practice (442)
SEC Recruiting Advan (416)
Camp scheduled relea (355)
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Question on Student Secti
FIFA 14 on PS3
Tennessee
Elcid99
An Aggies View of the Mat
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Rokevious Watkins cut fro
My predictions for 2014
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 02-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #301
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Arkansas GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR2211 View Post
Meanwhile in Wichita, Kansas you know who is coaching the only undefeated team in division I. I'll just leave that there for y'all to marinate on, coulda been us but we had to hire darrin horn
Meanwhile, we would win 20 games against that schedule.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #302
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 356
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Not sure if he was being chewed or something else.
I think he was telling Brenton that if he would have took the 3 he would've been fouled.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #303
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Meanwhile in Wichita, Kansas you know who is coaching the only undefeated team in division I. I'll just leave that there for y'all to marinate on, coulda been us but we had to hire darrin horn
I hope Wichita State never wins anything of consequence just so our fans can stop bringing this crap up. Get over it, Gregg Marshall is never coming here. Horn was a bad hire, yes, but Martin was an excellent move and I think it'll pay off for us in the long run.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #304
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Why would any player with legitimate options want to to play for Martin? Williams is having the game of his life and you are berating him from so close you could bite his ear...way to build the confidence of the guy that is gonna have to hit 2-3 more big shots for you to win the game.....
Old 02-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #305
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I hope Wichita State never wins anything of consequence just so our fans can stop bringing this crap up. Get over it, Gregg Marshall is never coming here. Horn was a bad hire, yes, but Martin was an excellent move and I think it'll pay off for us in the long run.
I am with you. The damn Marshall jock sniffing gets to be a little sickening!
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #306
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Meanwprogram n Wichita, Kansas you know who is coaching the only undefeated team in division I. I'll just leave that there for y'all to marinate on, coulda been us but we had to hire darrin horn
Wichita State was a much better program before Marshall arrived than we are.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #307
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I'm actually proud of our team. We are continuing to grow, and that 's all I can ask. To the guys (who I respect) that seem a little put out by their effort............I'm not.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #308
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Disappointing night to say the least. With only Brenton showing up on offense and having to play 5 on 8, we weren't going to win. At least we didn't give up when we were down by 17. I like the tenacity and fight in this team. Just wish it would have led to more wins.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #309
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Huge game for the women tomorrow night @ Kentucky
Old 02-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #310
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Sin could not hit much tonight and he was on we win this one. I liked the effort tonight though.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:43 AM   #311
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Disappointing night to say the least. With only Brenton showing up on offense and having to play 5 on 8, we weren't going to win. At least we didn't give up when we were down by 17. I like the tenacity and fight in this team. Just wish it would have led to more wins.
Agreed. I feel like in all our close losses, we've gotten a good performance from either Thornwell or Williams, but not both -- and that's exactly what happened tonight. Until we get more talent (and/or until some current players become more reliable), we need both Thornwell and Williams to play their best in every game. Heck, even if Thornwell had chipped in 10 or so points, that could have put us over the edge tonight.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:45 AM   #312
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Meanwhile, we would win 20 games against that schedule.
Yeah just like we handled wofford and upstate? Riiight. And we were better than Wichita state before we got horn, look at who we had on the team and our record compared to theirs. And also too late for the "I hope they never do anything, they got a final 4 last year and are soon to be #1. It's not jock sniffing the fact remains that we passed on a greenwood sc native for a hack. Marshall didn't even get a look and he would have done wonders with an sec budget/colonial life arena. But what do I know I'm just a lowly internet gamecock fan wondering what if bc I'm tired of a program with so much potential to continually doo doo the bed when it matters
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #313
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Quote:
Yeah just like we handled wofford and upstate? Riiight. And we were better than Wichita state before we got horn, look at who we had on the team and our record compared to theirs. And also too late for the "I hope they never do anything, they got a final 4 last year and are soon to be #1. It's not jock sniffing the fact remains that we passed on a greenwood sc native for a hack that didn't even get a look who would have done wonders with an sec budget/colonial life arena. But what do I know I'm just a lowly internet gamecock fan wondering what if bc I'm tired of a program with so much potential to continually doo doo the bed when it matters
I think all of us in this thread share your frustration and want to see the program succeed, but it just doesn't make any sense to keep harping on something that happened years ago. It sucks, I agree, but unfortunately we have to deal with it and move on. I think we've taken a good first step to doing just that (hiring Martin). There's no use crying over spilled milk, especially now that we've finally got a good coach on the sidelines.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 AM   #314
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Agreed. I feel like in all our close losses, we've gotten a good performance from either Thornwell or Williams, but not both -- and that's exactly what happened tonight. Until we get more talent (and/or until some current players become more reliable), we need both Thornwell and Williams to play their best in every game. Heck, even if Thornwell had chipped in 10 or so points, that could have put us over the edge tonight.
Thornwell had 8 points, so I don't think 2 more would have put us over. Regardless, valid point regarding needing both to play well to win.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #315
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I think all of us in this thread share your frustration and want to see the program succeed, but it just doesn't make any sense to keep harping on something that happened years ago. It sucks, I agree, but unfortunately we have to deal with it and move on. I think we've taken a good first step to doing just that (hiring Martin). There's no use crying over spilled milk, especially now that we've finally got a good coach on the sidelines.
I can agree with that. It's just frustrating, ugh! We freaking choke the most but keep it entertaining enough to make you stay and watch til the end
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:57 AM   #316
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Yeah just like we handled wofford and upstate? Riiight. And we were better than Wichita state before we got horn, look at who we had on the team and our record compared to theirs. And also too late for the "I hope they never do anything, they got a final 4 last year and are soon to be #1. It's not jock sniffing the fact remains that we passed on a greenwood sc native for a hack. Marshall didn't even get a look and he would have done wonders with an sec budget/colonial life arena. But what do I know I'm just a lowly internet gamecock fan wondering what if bc I'm tired of a program with so much potential to continually doo doo the bed when it matters
Great job pointing out wofford...you know... since we didn't play them this year...
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #317
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Very depressing...

@chickenhoops: The last senior day in CLA with more than 1 senior was in 2011, and the next one won't be until at least 2016.

@chickenhoops: Oh, and of the (at most) four scholarship seniors from 2012-2015, only one - Lakeem Jackson - played all four years at USC.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #318
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Thornwell, Notice and Kacinas... 14 of 19 turnovers...

They do not take care of the ball, and the abysmal play outside of those stats pretty much sealed the deal. It's a miracle we didn't get completely blown out.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:03 AM   #319
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Huge game for the women tomorrow night @ Kentucky
Yep. At this point id much rather beat uk tmr than Arkansas tonight. Sucks to say that but we are still a year or two from being able to really compete in this conference and our women have a shot to win it this year. Martin has got to find someone to help thornwell next year or it will be more of the same
Old 02-20-2014, 01:05 AM   #320
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Yep. At this point id much rather beat uk tmr than Arkansas tonight. Sucks to say that but we are still a year or two from being able to really compete in this conference and our women have a shot to win it this year. Martin has got to find someone to help thornwell next year or it will be more of the same
I don't know why people think it's going to get better? Williams leaves and then we have how many people that make shots?