CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
taylorssc
gamecockphan
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4345)
USC/clemson spread (2100)
Bowl projections (1626)
In case no one saw.. (1532)
Why has there been 4 (858)
Odell Becham Catch (853)
A little late to the (735)
No excuse for the D (686)
Tiger Burn (569)
Good Omen for Saturd (456)
College Football PSA (urg
Shaq Roland
The Defense
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
eric berry may have lymph
No excuse for the D this
Odell Becham Catch
Good Omen for Saturday?
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Christi

Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly
Default Winter workouts

Not sure this deserves it's own thread but I was just wondering if the team is going through winter workout's yet? If so, when does the video come out? I loved the last 2 years video's.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Winter workouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Not sure this deserves it's own thread but I was just wondering if the team is going through winter workout's yet? If so, when does the video come out? I loved the last 2 years video's.
Winter Workouts have either already started or about to kick up within the week. I am 99.99% sure they've started already. The video is a production of GamecocksOnline, so they probably won't release it until the final workout is complete. If I'm not mistaken there are 5 weeks of winter workouts, then a couple weeks of break, then spring practice. Typically our spring practice starts about the week before Spring Break, which is March 9th-March 16th.

A complete guess would say that the video is released a few weeks after the final workout, and spring practice begins around March 5th~. If that information is released already I guess I'm just behind.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

Hope they're in better shape this year !!!
Take-a-Knee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Winter Workouts have either already started or about to kick up within the week. I am 99.99% sure they've started already. The video is a production of GamecocksOnline, so they probably won't release it until the final workout is complete. If I'm not mistaken there are 5 weeks of winter workouts, then a couple weeks of break, then spring practice. Typically our spring practice starts about the week before Spring Break, which is March 9th-March 16th.

A complete guess would say that the video is released a few weeks after the final workout, and spring practice begins around March 5th~. If that information is released already I guess I'm just behind.
March 4th, but you were pretty close.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #5
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post

Awesome thanks for the info.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #6
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Spring football is in three and a half weeks!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #7
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
Spring football is in three and a half weeks!
And then it's REALLY the offseason :(
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee View Post
How did the team do in the 4th quarter this year?

People think our team was out of shape because ESPN would show a few players with their hands on their hips at times.

However, we did quite well in the 2nd half of games as well as the 4th quarter.

That doesn't happen if the team is not in good shape
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

well IMO at the beginning of the year we were terrible in the 2nd half of games...could have been out of shape, could have been inexperience...the 2nd part of the year we dominated the 2nd half. remember how we got dominated in the uga, vandy, uk 4th quarters?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #10
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
well IMO at the beginning of the year we were terrible in the 2nd half of games...could have been out of shape, could have been inexperience...the 2nd part of the year we dominated the 2nd half. remember how we got dominated in the uga, vandy, uk 4th quarters?
We got better as our linebackers got more experienced...Team was not out of shape.....
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

Quote:
out of position- yes out of shape- no
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #12
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
How did the team do in the 4th quarter this year?

People think our team was out of shape because ESPN would show a few players with their hands on their hips at times.

However, we did quite well in the 2nd half of games as well as the 4th quarter.

That doesn't happen if the team is not in good shape
Yeah, that crap started in the unc game when they kept sayin Clowney was tired because he had his hands on his hips, after that every time one of our players put their hands on their hips they would bring it up. What was funny was at times they would say the USC defense was tired (cause their hands were on their hips) while showing them standing beside an opposing O-lineman that had his hands on his hip too..... but they ignored that.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

I feel like the 2012 team was in better shape , Connor and our O bailed us out 2013 with time consuming drives to help out our D .. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give our 2013 "D" a 5 on being in tip-top shape ..
Old 02-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I feel like the 2012 team was in better shape , Connor and our O bailed us out 2013 with time consuming drives to help out our D .. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give our 2013 "D" a 5 on being in tip-top shape ..
Well, then you'd be wrong.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #15
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

Matter of opinion I guess
Old 02-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #16
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter has feathers coming inCockFighter has feathers coming inCockFighter has feathers coming in

Quote:
I think the D line was in better shape under Lawing. He used to really push players a lot harder and he had a lot of respect in the SEC. He was pretty hard on stars like Clowney, Taylor, MI6. A new coach always has to earn the respect of existing players especially when they are used battle tested methods of the previous coach.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:36 AM   #17
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Vandy and UK happened because people were thinking we already won.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:02 AM   #18
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

anyone got our fourth quarter defensive statistics from this year vs last year. i could settle the discussion for just about everyone (aside from those that can't understand math and resort to rediculous statements like I know what I saw, etc)
Old 02-12-2014, 05:00 AM   #19
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i think our problems were as much guys learning how to play and how to play together as much as anything else. after that kentucky 4th quarter disaster we didnt give up more than 10 points in the 2nd half of any game (wisconsin). we had a big back and forth in multiple threads this season, but you cant put it all on the defense in the games where the defense faltered. special teams and the offense put them in a bind.

georgia game the running game and no huddle gave us trouble in the 1st half, the 2nd half we got them in some obvious passing situations but we couldnt stop them on the 3rd and longs. them running out the clock is what sticks in everyone's mind, but it was their playaction pass on 2nd and 9 on their 2 yard line that drive that broke our backs. vandy game we were in control until they went to the wildcat in the 2nd half and we had no answer for it. kentucky and ucf were the same thing, db's and lb's getting out of position vs the pass.

as far as 2012 vs 2013, in 2012 we gave up 20+ points in the 2nd half of 3 straight games vs lsu, fla, and tennessee, then 15 vs michigan in the bowl game. last 8 games of 2013, the 10 pts wisconsin scored was the only time we gave up more than 7. the 2012 offenses we faced were better, so really we go back and forth in circles about this.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #20
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I personally didn't think we were in the best of shape this season, esp on the DL. Sutton and Quarles were sucking wind a lot too and Clowney is the only one who had good cause since he was running 30 yards across the field to tackle guys after sutton got pancaked on almost every play.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote