CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
BiscoCocky
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
StormOfTalons
Aggie96
nodnahs
TAMU Starting CB Out (1837)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1559)
an apology (1221)
Clowney possibly hur (1111)
Your SEC Standings P (983)
Our players and the (961)
2013 game vs TN is o (925)
They are coming to y (885)
Favorite Gamecock of (630)
Spurrier: Davis May (594)
Connor Shaw Browns
an apology
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
TAMU Starting CB Out For
Your SEC Standings Predic
How are we feeling about
First "Carolina Call
Clemson RB Out for Year
texags

View Poll Results: Best Hair Metal Band Tournament
Seed #6: RATT 6 40.00%
Seed #11: WHITESNAKE 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default BEST HAIR METAL BAND TOURNAMANT: Ratt (#6) vs Whitesnake (#11)

Vote for your favorite between these two artists

RATT

WHITESNAKE

Old 02-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: BEST HAIR METAL BAND TOURNAMANT: Ratt (#6) vs Whitesnake (#11)

Pretty much making an "Inverted" opinion here from the other thread this
week in the voting. These are two bands I DIDN'T Have listed on my
Nominations list of Top 10 bands. Reason for that was that I didn't really
like either of these bands.

Ratt came along early in the 80s, and got a strong following of fans right
away behind the success of the song and video ROUND and ROUND. It was
a song I personally could take or leave. I didn't find it as AWESOME as
most of the country did, but I didn't change the channel, turn the sound
down (or off) when it played (and the played it a lot). They were one of
the first "Darlings" of MTV simply because of the mass following they built
off of that one song. Over the course of their short career (as a headline
act) they had a few other "hits" but never equaled the success of Out
of the Cellar / and the song Round and Round. ... they were basically
a One Hit Wonder.

Whitesnake ........ They were cut in the mold of Poison (In my opinion).
Their songs were catchy, but their appeal was more along the lines of
an act "looking for acceptance" in the Hair Metal Band Niche. Sad too,
because Coverdale came from some good R&B bloodlines having fronted
a short time, for a watered down version of Deep Purple and actually had
a voice that he could have used a lot better in a good solid AND SERIOUS
Rock band. However, he choose to latch on to the declining Glitzy Hair
Metal genre, and followed the Instructions for assembling a Hair Metal
Band. IMO, the most unique thing about Whitesnake was David Coverdale's
blueprint for making them stand out........When their first hit was made
into a video, he picked the best part of that whole thing that got them
attention (Tawny Kitaen), Started dating (and eventually married her),
and kept featuring her in their videos. Other than that, they were not
that impressive (to me).

In this matchup, I'm just going to flip a coin.......................................
.................................................. ...............................................
.................................................. ................................................
.................................................. ................................................

It was tails. RATT gets my vote here

Last edited by Spurticus; 02-24-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

I defer to Sue Hawk for the explanation of my vote

Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

...and even President Reagan agrees

Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

yes a coin flip. But I bought 2 Ratt cd's and got the whitesnake from Columbia house. my only rationale
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Like Spurt, not a fan of either. I'll go with Whitesnake because they weren't a one hit wonder.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Whitesnake was horrible.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Whitesnake was horrible.
Neither band was great. However, longevity bonus for Whitesnake along with Coverdale marrying Tawny Kitaen.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Chicks loved Whitesnake....jus sayin
Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Chicks loved Whitesnake....jus sayin

I really think that was the main requirement for a Hair Metal band in the
late 80s. I think the management / agents of those bands along with the
record producers were looking for male centerfolds that could make
teenybopper chicks screem and cream.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Still of the Night is the biggest Zepplin rip-off since Kingdom Come.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

David Coverdale of Whitesnake is the biggest Robert Plant rip-off artist on the planet. That being said "Still of the Night" was f'n huge when it released, and the guitar soloist was Adrian Vandenberg, one of my favorite guitar players of the time. I bought the cassette, wore it out. Tawny pioneered the term 'Video Vixen' role in that video, and subsequent releases (Here I go Again). Whitesnake's best tracks weren't the one's played into the ground on the radio. Also, I think most every album released under Whitesnake/Coverdale had a different musician lineup.

Fav Whitesnake tune..

I absolutely loved Ratt, musically speaking. Their visual appeal, yeck! The lead singer, lead guitarist, and drummer were all cool to me. The bass player danced around like a jackass, was ridiculed by his peers for doing so, and the 'whacked out on coke' rhythm guitar player was a sad story. He was originally the lead guitar player until Warren Demartini was added to the lineup and took over that role.

Love this Ratt tune.. See if you notice some crazy cocaine eyes in this one.

Ratt gets my vote.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #13
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

WHITESNAKE wins this matchup and moves to the second round of the
tournament.

Next set of head-to-head matches will go up Monday Morning sometime
around 6:am.

Thanx for your votes and comments
Old 02-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #14
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPit

Crap, I just saw this one. Definitely would've voted RATT.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #15
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Crap, I just saw this one. Definitely would've voted RATT.
Same here. Facepalm!!!!