CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockSuperFan
usc90grad
NAGamec0ckFan
Gamecocks1137
AR1
LegalCock
rioninusc
usc1
USCBaseball
tcmac08
A look a the new hel (1712)
Debo top 200 not com (484)
I actually had a dre (480)
Carolina/Vandy opene (386)
Muschamp about to be (331)
2017 - Jerry Jeudy
2017 - A.J. Terrell
I actually had a dream la
Scary Insight into Spurri
A look a the new helmet s
Perry Orth Thoughts
Debo top 200 not coming
Official 2016 Atlanta Bra
2017 - Louis Dorsey
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti

Old 10-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #1
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default The Vandy Build-Up Thread

Lets get it started.

I can not wait to see this team play Saturday. Yes, its Vandy but the emotions will be high and I think this team will adopt Coach Elliott's personality and come out with a ton of energy and passion.

Williams-Brice should be absolutely rocking, IMO.

Biggest concern about this game is Vandy's defense. They are good. Really good. Now that Mangus has complete control, I'll be interested to see what he can put together as far as a gameplan especially if he has to play Orth and/or Scarnecchia.

Any update on Nunez condition?

Not sure what to expect from the defense. It doesn't like much is going to change coaching wise other than Elliott being hands on? Vandy's offense isn't the best. They have a real nice running back in Raph Webb and Trent Sheffield is a promising receiver but they have QB issues. This should be a good game for the defense and give them some confidence going into the bye week.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Vandy Build-Up Thread

Ironically, I think this team will be more fired up to play for Spurrier in his absence than when he was still the coach.

I'm not sure of the result but I think this team will be fired up and show a lot of effort.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
Lucky
Banned?

Male

CockyCash: 775
Lucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot materialLucky is USC mascot material

I think we come out fired up and get the win.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #4
CoverTwo

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Ironically, I think this team will be more fired up to play for Spurrier in his absence than when he was still the coach.

I'm not sure of the result but I think this team will be fired up and show a lot of effort.
Absolutely. I'm not sure if we are going to play much better but I do believe that the effort is going to be there and I think we will be more organized offensively than we have been under Spurrier. I think we will see A LOT more up tempo and a lot more zone read once Nunez gets healthy. Now that Coach Mangus has full control, I'm anxious to see if he can get us back on track.

I'm not sure what all Elliott can do about the defense except more man coverage?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 10-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
Emery
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

piss and vinegar can only take you so far.

If Nunez can go I say we win this one going away. Everyone on offense will be stoked, I think, for the change in offensive mentality.

If Orth (and I'll throw Mitch in there too) I'm not sure. If Spurrier couldn't get pocket passing qb's to perform then I'm not holding my breath for his assistance to get the job done.

That being said, I'm much more excited about this than I was three days ago.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #6
AmonRa777
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

The key to this game is the same as the Missouri game...Like Mizzou, Vandy is not very good...But their defense is tough and active up front...If our Oline decides to block somebody, we'll win...If we get the usual turnstile action, it will be another embarrassing loss in an awful season
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #7
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2800
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

My biggest concern is that the head coach doesn't concuss himself in the pregame warm-up. hehe.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #8
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 41250
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

I'm just waiting to find out of this game is going to be in Columbia or not.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #9
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
treyno2722 is making other chickens nervoustreyno2722 is making other chickens nervoustreyno2722 is making other chickens nervoustreyno2722 is making other chickens nervoustreyno2722 is making other chickens nervoustreyno2722 is making other chickens nervoustreyno2722 is making other chickens nervoustreyno2722 is making other chickens nervous

My pick: Carolina 6 Vandy 3
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #10
uscGRAD04
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Hey...so will Spurrier still be in the intro video or does Elliott get his head on the jumbo-tron. "It's time for Carolina Football"
Old 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #11
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1041620
92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit92Pony rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Hey...so will Spurrier still be in the intro video or does Elliott get his head on the jumbo-tron. "It's time for Carolina Football"
That would be a little awkward if they don't change that intro...
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot materialRewster is USC mascot material

Spurrier still kinda represents Carolina football imo
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #13
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot material

If we can get a W against Vandy and go into the off week healthy with some of the players returning who know what can happen.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #14
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Absolutely. I'm not sure if we are going to play much better but I do believe that the effort is going to be there and I think we will be more organized offensively than we have been under Spurrier. I think we will see A LOT more up tempo and a lot more zone read once Nunez gets healthy. Now that Coach Mangus has full control, I'm anxious to see if he can get us back on track.

I'm not sure what all Elliott can do about the defense except more man coverage?
I've not been one to complain on here about what we've done on the field. However, I've almost quit watching our games based on the lack of pressure on the WRs.

I am sick and tired of 10 yard cushions on the line of scrimmage for WRs. If we get burned, so be it. At least line up and hit a WR on the line to throw him off his route and get physical. What we have done so far hasn't worked. We have made Lambert and Harris look like Heisman QBs.

If that is the only change we make under Elliott, it will be a step in the right direction. Stop lining up DBs 10 yards off the receivers. Get physical and hit them. Make them earn those receptions with their routes and slants. Being on the line can also help with the run. That crap has to stop now.

Line up, be aggressive, show some energy and passion, and get physical on defense. Take this energy and start knocking the crap out of some people.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #15
JohnSC
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000000
JohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot materialJohnSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post

I hope you're right. Vandy isn't going to let up on us because we're down right now. Mason and his boys are tired of being the rock bottom of the SEC and have something to prove right now. If we aren't ready, they're going steamroll us.

I hope Elliott's first game is an awesome one.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #16
Master Bedroom
Household Name

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I hope to see a healthy amount of intensity
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #17
CoverTwo

Male

Has an injury report been released yet? I saw that Nunez and Mitch were back at practice yesterday.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #18
AmonRa777
Banned

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
I hope to see a healthy amount of intensity

Ding ding ding...we have a winner...if they play hard and fast for 60 minutes, its a big improvement
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #19
CoverTwo

Male

Looks like Orth will get the ball this week with Mitch the #2.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #20
CoverTwo

Male

I'm really interested to see how Mangus attacks Vandy's defense. Vandy's defense usually gives us problems because they play complex coverages that confuse our QBs but with Mangus at the helm, I see us trying to punch them in the mouth and get into 3rd and manageable yardage. Playing ahead of the sticks is key.