CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Freshman ND WR " (923)
Call of Duty: Advanc (548)
Good Riddance to bad (493)
Keeping tailgate foo (333)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (311)
The Comeback & T (262)
Bashing Players, coa (262)
An A to Z of Noah We (227)
Wallpaper & Back (128)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (116)
Texas athletic director:
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
The Comeback & The Bl
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Rusty2s
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 270
Rusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his clawsRusty2s is sharpening his claws
Default Will we ever get Baseball on TV?

I know the basketball will dominate March but there has to be a way to get GAMECOCK baseball on TV. 200 plus channels????????
Rusty2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Will we ever get Baseball on TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty2s View Post
I know the basketball will dominate March but there has to be a way to get GAMECOCK baseball on TV. 200 plus channels????????
Tomorrow's game is on FSS.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Yep ! Pull'em up online, stretch that HDMI cable between your puter and that flat screen and wha la ! Daze on TV ! I'll be here all week !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

When the SEC network is up and running, I would imagine so.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
When the SEC network is up and running, I would imagine so.
This was gonna be my original response, but I didn't think this was what he was looking for.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:57 AM   #6
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 393
Wardkd2012 has hatched from the shell

The game tomorrow is on Fox Sports South and the game on Saturday is on ABC. So it looks like they're making more of an effort to get this rivalry and college baseball in general on TV. I don't think any of the USC/Clemson baseball games were on TV last year.
Wardkd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:05 AM   #7
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

I think there is a reasonably fair amount of college baseball on tv. I think one reason we don't see more is it is difficult to sell the importance of any single regular season game when so many are played.

Another reason is a lot of the most populated regions in America are only vaguely aware of college baseball's existence.

I think ESPN does a great job covering the CWS, and I don't enjoy complimenting ESPN.

Also, ESPN3 is a pretty good place to find a game here and there.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardkd2012 View Post
The game tomorrow is on Fox Sports South and the game on Saturday is on ABC. So it looks like they're making more of an effort to get this rivalry and college baseball in general on TV. I don't think any of the USC/Clemson baseball games were on TV last year.
Saturday was on TV last year.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #9
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPit

college baseball is becoming more popular around the country. so yes, with SEC network coming you will see it more. i mean think back to a couple of years ago. seeing a baseball game on tv didnt happen and now look at it

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Saturday was on TV last year.
Hmm I did not know that. If we had won that game, this might have bothered me more.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #11
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardkd2012 View Post
Hmm I did not know that. If we had won that game, this might have bothered me more.
It was the same set up that they have for the Fluor Field game this year. I remember they started it when the game got rained out in 2011 and was rescheduled to Tuesday night.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
It was the same set up that they have for the Fluor Field game this year. I remember they started it when the game got rained out in 2011 and was rescheduled to Tuesday night.
I gotcha. I think it's pretty cool that they're putting the game in fluor field on TV now. This rivalry is so intense that it deserves to be on TV so everyone can see it. It's also pretty cool that Fox Sports South picked up the first game of the series this year.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #13
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

alot of our games are

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I just checked ESPN and the game on Saturday is on ESPN3. However, doesn't look like tonight's game or Sunday's will be on there.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Not popular at all up here, so gotta just use espn 3.

Pretty difficult to start a conversation about it too.

No one cares but gamecocks when I mention our success.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #16
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Not popular at all up here, so gotta just use espn 3.

Pretty difficult to start a conversation about it too.

No one cares but gamecocks when I mention our success.
Have you started looking at new homes yet?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #17
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Have you started looking at new homes yet?
No why?
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #18
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4250000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

I think Clemson does a free HD stream for all their home games on clemsontigers.com for Sunday's game.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #19
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Yep ! Pull'em up online, stretch that HDMI cable between your puter and that flat screen and wha la ! Daze on TV ! I'll be here all week !
Yup, Daz whut I dew to!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #20
BigBubbaDiesel
Walk On

Male

BigBubbaDiesel has feathers coming inBigBubbaDiesel has feathers coming in

Tonights game is on Fox Sports South and tom on channel 40 (in upstate).
BigBubbaDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote