CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2199)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1619)
Spurrier weekly pres (1475)
This would be awesom (967)
How is Shaq Davidson (787)
McConaughey cast as (563)
Perspective on our g (536)
SEC referees? (400)
Defense and offense (369)
Currently 2nd in att (359)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
usc11
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
usc11 has hatched from the shell
Default Did anyone see Marcus go in high with his spikes?

http://http://www.theclemsoninsider....ating-clemson/

When South Carolina shortstop Marcus Mooney slid into third base in the top of the ninth inning spikes high Saturday afternoon, or so it appeared, the Clemson third baseman stood over him and put his finger in his face, obviously not happy to have Mooney’s cleats in his leg.
Mooney swatted away Baum’s hand and both dugouts nearly cleared. But luckily smarter heads prevailed as Clemson catcher Chris Okey and others walked Baum back to the Tigers’ dugout, while USC players did the same to Mooney.
usc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #2
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material
Default Re: Did anyone see Marcus go in high with his spikes?

That's clemsuck BS right there.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 200
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

I was there...it was a hard full speed slide, but no "spikes up"...his lead foot which is the one that does the spiking in said instance was directed towards the bag...I was sitting at first base and had the perfect angle to see the play...the tag at home however, we were blocked from seeing the play which is why the taters all thought he was out because the ball clearly got there in plenty of time
Old 03-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

The link doesnt work for me
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

curtains
Old 03-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
usc11
Recruit

Male

usc11 has hatched from the shell

You may not want to try to open it. My malware blocked something but I was able to open it and read the article.

The site is theclemsoninsider.com
usc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Who gives a $hit what Clemsuckers think or say!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
SCBronco
Walk On

Male

SCBronco has hatched from the shell

My spikes would be up tomorrow when I slid into third.
SCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

All I know is when Caldwell ran up the line and got onto Baum's ass, he said " I will F you up" to Baum.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #10
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Not up. I also didn't see Mooney swat away his hand either. Everything I saw his hands were up by his head like a "wtf is this dude doing" stance
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Hands were by his head, no spikes up, and Baum pushed him down which wasn't shown on tv
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #12
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

he shoved straight down on mooney with both hands and his glove kind of like making a high hard tag and then he started talking crap to him, but i give the ump major kudos - he saw it immediately and jumped in and broke it up before it really got going or it could have gotten out of hand quick
Old 03-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #13
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

tater starting shit.....Mooney isn't big enough to hurt anybody. their 3rd baseman wouldn't have said anything if Martin slid into him.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #14
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cocks 29 View Post
he shoved straight down on mooney with both hands and his glove kind of like making a high hard tag and then he started talking crap to him, but i give the ump major kudos - he saw it immediately and jumped in and broke it up before it really got going or it could have gotten out of hand quick
Baum should have been tossed though.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #15
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

if we get a good lead tomorrow, I hope Crowe goes after him.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #16
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Wouldn't be surprised to see Baum get pegged tomorrow.

I'd actually be more surprised if he wasn't. Gonna be an intense game for sure.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #17
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Baum should have been tossed though.

i think that is what the long conference was about was whether or not they were gonna toss him...I'm pretty sure he would have had to sit tomorrow also though, right, so I figure jackleg was pleading his case with the acc chumps to just leave it alone since it was the 9th. I agree with you and I thought as fast as he stepped in that was what he was going to do...
Old 03-02-2014, 01:06 AM   #18
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I thought the taters didn't care about baseball?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #19
TazChris
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
TazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc11 View Post

When South Carolina shortstop Marcus Mooney slid into third base in the top of the ninth inning spikes high Saturday afternoon, or so it appeared, the Clemson third baseman stood over him and put his finger in his face, obviously not happy to have Mooney’s cleats in his leg.
Mooney swatted away Baum’s hand and both dugouts nearly cleared. But luckily smarter heads prevailed as Clemson catcher Chris Okey and others walked Baum back to the Tigers’ dugout, while USC players did the same to Mooney.
Not sure what game this person was watching, but there was no spikes up, no swatting away of the hand, and no walking of Mooney back to the dugout. It was Espisito that walked down Baum (it actually appeared that he stepped over Mooney to get to Baum from my angle) and was walked back to the dugout. I was hoping Espisito would put a little respect into the kid, but he played it cooler than I would have.

Chris
"I only came here to beat #1 teams."
-Andy Demetra (via Twitter)
TazChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #20
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

The best part about that whole video was Elliot walking up to Baum and pointing at him and saying "ill f___ you up". You can read his lips clear as day. Baum continued walking. TO be honest though, it never should have gotten that far because the play should have been called dead when Jack LEggett cleared the dugout and entered the field of play.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote