CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
A. Pilgrim
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
doubledribble
Jim Lahey
WeStillOwnUSC
Latt7more
Why is everyone anti (2028)
How did we not make (1149)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (1028)
Miss St. defense (941)
Busta out indefinite (878)
SOS says his next st (764)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (665)
Our Road Upset Wins (506)
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
South Carolina women's go
Matulis Is Back!
No easy road for our offe
Rest of the season predic
Why is everyone anticipat
Lattimore to play after S
SEC Football Legend: Shel

Old 03-02-2014, 04:08 AM   #1
OscarTheGrouch
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 440
OscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPit
Default I feel like I've noticed a change in the BBall team this year

They are beginning to buy in to the BATTLE and Win Anyway philosophies/mantras that baseball and football have. Even though we may not win any more games in SEC play than last year, A LOT of the losses have been extremely close losses and should be W's next season with a little more experience and time. Some taller players wouldn't hurt either LOL
OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:18 AM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: I feel like I've noticed a change in the BBall team this year

we are also getting blown out by teams we should be able to win against..yes the kentucky win was nice but our season as a whole has been horrible..hope we can learn from this year and make a run next year at the ncaa tourney

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
we are also getting blown out by teams we should be able to win against..yes the kentucky win was nice but our season as a whole has been horrible..hope we can learn from this year and make a run next year at the ncaa tourney
If we can build on this, we could make a run in the SEC Tourney this year.

UF has had some close calls on the road this year in the SEC. Tuesday night could be a lot of fun.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

The team needs more scorers. At the end last night I looked for Williams and Thornwell and maybe Notice. A point guard will be nice and a power foward.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Team has played hard all year. You could never question effort, we are just not good enough yet. If they keep working, they will be better.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Thornwell, Johnson, and Notice give us hope for the immediate future. I think Blanton and Stroman will provide some nice depth next year.

We really need Jaylen Shaw to get it together in the offseason and hopefully the Lithuanians stay on campus during the Summer.

We need two more knock down shooters and an interior scorer to really make big strides. Henry and Ringer have to have a big offseason.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

That was great TV exposure last night. Sure can't hurt recruiting going forward!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Is McKie gonna be riding the pine for his career here ?
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #9
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Let's face it, with the exception of Thornwell, all of our players are guys that are going to have to be "developed." With a good summer of weight lifting and a year of experience, both in Martin's system and in playing D1 ball, I think that we will see tremendous improvement in our team. I agree, CoverTwo, that it is essential for the Lithuanians to stay in Cola over the summer.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #10
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Saturday night showed promise for next year. A couple more good recruiting classes and Martin will have a very strong team.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #11
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

We need a big man who can consistently get to the rim and score. The games I have watched our big men miss way too many lay ups.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Is McKie gonna be riding the pine for his career here ?
No, but theus jr and ringer are probably.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
No, but theus jr and ringer are probably.
I disagree about Ringer because he has the frame to grow into a wide body. He doesn't have any explosion off the floor but he can become an enforcer. Just needs some more time with Greenwalt.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #14
Carolina-Beez
Two Deep

Male

Carolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
We need a big man who can consistently get to the rim and score. The games I have watched our big men miss way too many lay ups.
LChat actually played quite well yesterday. But he only entered the game late in the 1st half after Kacinas, Henry, and Ringer got into foul trouble. Not sure what he did to get in FM's doghouse, but hopefully yesterday game got him back in coach's good graces.

I think our best lineup is Thornwell, Williams, Notice, Carrera, and LChat. To the OP's point, I think that lineup battles the hardest.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

A lot of people keep saying we need a big man who can score, but Laimonas is getting better. His field goal percentage was .447 last season and it's .614 right now. He's much more confident offensively. Plus he's rebounding the ball better too. He's grabbing 12 rebounds per 40 minutes compared to 10 last season. His main problem is he still fouls too much (8 fouls per 40 minutes). If Laimonas can keep working on his game in the summer, I think he will be the starting center and we're going to go to him a lot in the post.

Can't forget about Henry, who's going through the same freshman pains Laimonas did last year. Henry's got a lot of talent and can score in the post too. Jut have to give it time.

The big issue for this team going forward is going to be perimeter shooting. I think Jaylen Shaw will be able to give us some of what Brenton is doing for us now long-term. Also, getting Ty back to run the offense will be huge.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
A lot of people keep saying we need a big man who can score, but Laimonas is getting better. His field goal percentage was .447 last season and it's .614 right now. He's much more confident offensively. Plus he's rebounding the ball better too. He's grabbing 12 rebounds per 40 minutes compared to 10 last season. His main problem is he still fouls too much (8 fouls per 40 minutes). If Laimonas can keep working on his game in the summer, I think he will be the starting center and we're going to go to him a lot in the post.

Can't forget about Henry, who's going through the same freshman pains Laimonas did last year. Henry's got a lot of talent and can score in the post too. Jut have to give it time.

The big issue for this team going forward is going to be perimeter shooting. I think Jaylen Shaw will be able to give us some of what Brenton is doing for us now long-term. Also, getting Ty back to run the offense will be huge.
how many times has Liamonas given us 10 or more points. Need more than once in a blue moon. And Henry only scores on cleaning up garbage. He can't score with someone actually playing defense on him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #17
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
how many times has Liamonas given us 10 or more points. Need more than once in a blue moon. And Henry only scores on cleaning up garbage. He can't score with someone actually playing defense on him.
Laimonas doesn't score because he fouls too much. Per 40 minutes:

Chatkevicius: 8.2 fouls
Ringer: 8.1 fouls
Henry: 7.3 fouls

Our bigs just foul too much to stay on the court. In turn it makes us an undersized team.

Big men take longer to develop than perimeter players. Henry is going through the same struggles Laimonas did last season. Henry has more talent though and can be a big contributor going forward. He just has to play smarter, get in the weight room, and refine his post moves.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote