CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2040)
Have you ever been s (1237)
Tennessee Offense Br (803)
Key for 2015 defense (741)
Women's Team Ranked (501)
This season and recr (434)
Skai Moore out for U (416)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (407)
Lebron makes Clevela (333)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (224)
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 03-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Storming the court rules

We only owe 5k because it's our first offense. Second offense lands you 25k and if you get three in one season you will be fined 50k.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Storming the court rules

The Kentucky fans that showed up paid for it. LOL!
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

It's not our first offense
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

$5000 for storming court against UK in 2005. $25000 for storming against UK in 2010. This should be $50K for this offense. I know there is a time period to reset but I can't remember if it is 5 years or 3 years so maybe it won't be $50k
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
$5000 for storming court against UK in 2005. $25000 for storming against UK in 2010. This should be $50K for this offense. I know there is a time period to reset but I can't remember if it is 5 years or 3 years so maybe it won't be $50k
The ticket sales we made off Kentucky fans should STILL cover it easily. How much is a ticket and how many UK fans were there? And the concessions they bought and parking. Who cares about the fine, it's on them! lol.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #6
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It is $5,000 for the first time, $25,000 after that, and $50,000 for anything after that within 3 years.

I understand and support the concern for player safety. Honestly though, there are much better ways to handle the crowd.

I liked the way UVA handled their court storming before our game. They roped off the bench area for all of the players and coaches. That left the floor open for the students and fans to do whatever they wanted.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #7
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I DGAF about the fine, storming the court was a good move for the program, it brings back the excitement, and we need that to build upon for next year. The probation period is 3 years though, so it won't be a $50K fine.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:39 AM   #8
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I did it as a student when we beat #1 UK...will never forget it.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #9
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Those Kentucky fans were freaking horrible. If anyone heard the idiot yelling "trying to make a name for yourself!!!!" He was sitting two rows behind me and spit on me twice. I only said something when he started cussing and there was about a 4 year old little girl playing on the railing directly beside me.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #10
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

HOpefully can do it again on Tuesday night.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
It is $5,000 for the first time, $25,000 after that, and $50,000 for anything after that within 3 years.

I understand and support the concern for player safety. Honestly though, there are much better ways to handle the crowd.

I liked the way UVA handled their court storming before our game. They roped off the bench area for all of the players and coaches. That left the floor open for the students and fans to do whatever they wanted.
We were fined 25K last time and it had been 5 years since the first time. maybe they will throw out the first offense since it happened 9 years ago.

My guess is we get fined 25K.

Unless we beat UF!!!! That would be expensive and worth every penny!
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #12
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Those Kentucky fans were freaking horrible. If anyone heard the idiot yelling "trying to make a name for yourself!!!!" He was sitting two rows behind me and spit on me twice. I only said something when he started cussing and there was about a 4 year old little girl playing on the railing directly beside me.
If he spit on me, he'd be drinking his food through a straw for 6-8 weeks.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Why didnt you beat his ass?

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #14
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

It wasn't intentional. Apparently in Ky they spit when they yell.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #15
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scz71864 View Post
Why didnt you beat his ass?
Because adults don't solve all their problems with physical violence.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #16
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #17
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
Because adults don't solve all their problems with physical violence.
Some do. Just not ones that like their freedom.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:52 AM   #18
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Pastides is the man!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 AM   #19
OscarTheGrouch
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 440
OscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

This is why it's great to be a Gamecock.... Sweeping Clemson ain't bad either
OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #20
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

I love Pastides, who remembers at the end of the clemson game this year him holding up the 5 for the cameras?

With him and Ray at the helm our athletics are gonna go far people.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote