CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
Regalcock
JDJones
TAFC 5 1981
Master Bedroom
conwaycock2
U-Dub Gamecock
StretfordEnd
Gamecocks1137
FeloniousCock
Bowl projections (1929)
Why has there been 4 (1068)
Good Omen for Saturd (1048)
No excuse for the D (953)
A little late to the (818)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (787)
Texas A&M Defens (576)
Spurrier Dabo Meme (528)
SC Women #1 in AP Po (524)
Ten Years Ago (yeste (333)
Texas A&M Defense
Shaq Roland
Suspicious sign-in activi
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
Starting Lineup Announced
Bowl projections
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Good Omen for Saturday?
NFL: STEELERS @ TITANS Mo

Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Selling to Gamestop

How much do you think Gamestop would give me for my Xbox 360 250 gb? Few years old, nothing wrong with it. I know they usually shaft you on your money but I've never sold a console to them.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Selling to Gamestop

That depends. I know the ones around here were running a sale where if you were selling them your old system to get one of the next gen consoles then they knocked off half price for the new system. I'm sure it had stipulations on it but that's still a pretty good deal.

Without it i'm sure they would only give you 70-100 bucks. Maybe more depending on your GB's and what condition it's in.

I could be very wrong. Of course it could be different at every store. I doubt it's one standard price.

Getting the shaft is the right way to put it. Putting it on ebay would be more of a hassle on your part but you'd get quite a bit more for it.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

walmart says they will give you $50 for it, thats with a controller, power cord, and av cords

I'd keep it for that

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

I'm wanting to get a ps4. And you're right, if I'm only gonna get $50-$75 I might as well hang onto it and just have both. Seriously, $50 is a slap in the face when they sell for $300
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:29 AM   #5
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Absolutely. If you still have the box i'd say pack it away in that to keep dust from gathering on it and put it away for the days when you miss the ole' 360. Just like the days when you miss the N64, Dreamcast and super Nintendo. Too bad most of us weren't smart enough to just keep those.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:44 AM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Absolutely. If you still have the box i'd say pack it away in that to keep dust from gathering on it and put it away for the days when you miss the ole' 360. Just like the days when you miss the N64, Dreamcast and super Nintendo. Too bad most of us weren't smart enough to just keep those.
I am pretty sure they have emulators for all those.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:49 AM   #7
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values
says 117$
Normally they have a 30% trade in bonus towards systems
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Try to find a mom & pop shop

Amazon has a good trade in program too

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #9
NotKyle
The Hero Rides Again

Male

CockyCash: 200
NotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot material

Former Gamestop employee here. The sad reality is that Gamestop often pays the most out of any retail outlet, and even that amount is pathetic.

When you've got a system to trade, ALWAYS wait until Gamestop runs a special on system trade ins. Usually, when a new version of a console comes out, or a special bundle, they'll offer you an awesome trade in value for your system if you trade it towards a pre order. Do that, and then just cancel the preorder. Then you get all the money to do whatever with.
NotKyle is offline   Reply With Quote