CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3168)
2014 Subway Classic: (1522)
aTm demolishes Kyle (707)
Cocky at the Duck Co (679)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (591)
Really, REALLY glad (501)
Deer Hunting 2014 (354)
movers, furniture do (288)
Happy Winter Solstic (255)
Streaming nfl games (243)
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Connor to be backup?
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 03-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit
Default Still Behind UVA and FSU on Perfect Game

Guess we wont get any respect until we beat a top 25 team.....oh wait
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Still Behind UVA and FSU on Perfect Game

I joked about this yesterday, but DAY-UNG!
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

The polls are biased, USC has to make it a large reason to be #1. As in sweeping some top ranked SEC teams. If USC is undefeated in the Month of April, and still ranked behind UVA/FSU then some pollsters need to be fired.

Remember it would be nice to go ranked #1, but the most imporant rank in baseball is 1-8.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Not only has UVA lost three games this season and we're still undefeated (biggest issue). But they struggled to beat Duke this past weekend in their two wins. All three games were one run games.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
The polls are biased, USC has to make it a large reason to be #1. As in sweeping some top ranked SEC teams. If USC is undefeated in the Month of April, and still ranked behind UVA/FSU then some pollsters need to be fired.

Remember it would be nice to go ranked #1, but the most imporant rank in baseball is 1-8.
Exactly.
I don't really care where we are ranked, as long as it is in the 1-8 range.
FSU can have the No. 1 ranked regular season ranking...I'll take a No. 6 ranking, take a national seed and have the chance to host regionals and super regionals at Carolina Stadium. That is our best chance to go to Omaha (I still think if last year's Supers were in Columbia instead of Chapel Hill, we would've been in TD Ameritrade).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Does anyone have a link to all the new polls?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Does anyone have a link to all the new polls?
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

Perfect Game has to be a joke or something. Its not considered a major polls, and I think we know why. Though I will say Baseball America which is only had us at 3rd. At this point, it's a who cars... how do you do what we have done, and only be considered 3rd or 4th unless your an idiot.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1000000300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

Perfect Game has to be a joke or something. Its not considered a major polls, and I think we know why. Though I will say Baseball America which is only had us at 3rd. At this point, it's a who cars... how do you do what we have done, and only be considered 3rd or 4th unless your an idiot.
NCAA website still has last weeks.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #9
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

C'mon, give those two ACC schools a break!!

FSU "only" lost to Maryland and Miami at home. While the Wahoos "only" lost to Kentucky at a neutral site, to VMI at home and then to Duke in Durham. I guess the fact that they are in the conference games portion of their season gives them a 2-3 game pass on the Yardcocks since we have not played any conference games????
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #10
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
NCAA website still has last weeks.
had not been updated I presume..

Baseball America just came out... we are No. 1 there.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...p-25-march-10/
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #11
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Our SOS is #74, and FSU has two losses with an SOS of #15. I can see PG's argument, so what's the problem? The recognition of being no.1 is great, but I'd rather we don't have that target on our backs. #2-8 is fine with me.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #12
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Exactly.
FSU can have the No. 1 ranked regular season ranking...I'll take a No. 6 ranking, take a national seed and have the chance to host regionals and super regionals at Carolina Stadium. That is our best chance to go to Omaha (I still think if last year's Supers were in Columbia instead of Chapel Hill, we would've been in TD Ameritrade).
Dead on Rooster!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #13
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Exactly.
While this is true and I agree with it, I want to be #1. We should always want to be #1.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #14
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Mark•18 minutes ago
I'm thrilled SC is in the top spot this week. Mainly because I won't have to listen to their whiny fans.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
While this is true and I agree with it, I want to be #1. We should always want to be #1.

Exactly. And the closer we are to #1, the farther we are from #9 AKA no Super regional host.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #16
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
Mark•18 minutes ago
I'm thrilled SC is in the top spot this week. Mainly because I won't have to listen to their whiny fans.
Who is Mark?
Old 03-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #17
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Our SOS is #74, and FSU has two losses with an SOS of #15. I can see PG's argument, so what's the problem? The recognition of being no.1 is great, but I'd rather we don't have that target on our backs. #2-8 is fine with me.
I can see his argument concerning FSU, but Virginia's schedule isn't any tougher than ours has been. Their toughest series has been against ECU which seems to be having a down year. It will all work itself out over the course of the season though.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #18
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
Who is Mark?
Some guy who thinks we whine about our rankings. I don't see much evidence of that, do you?
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #19
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
Some guy who thinks we whine about our rankings. I don't see much evidence of that, do you?
Find me a fanbase that doesn't whine about their teams rankings?

Also whining is in the perception of the person, I just see a discussion going on here.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #20
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

I think it is more of us knowing we have a good team, capable of being #1, more than being whiney.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote