CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
Spur's Addiction
gAmkok
eightohhthree
highstick
StormOfTalons
Order 66
Coulwoodwarlord
Goofyboy
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Rank the SEC startin (1497)
Defensive personnel (1345)
Kendrick salley (1340)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1236)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1236)
Cack's Toast of the (758)
Defense not an issue (736)
Legitimate, Unbiased (517)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (514)
open discussion of this t
Defensive personnel quest
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Defense not an issue....
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Kendrick salley
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky
I guess we don't get all

Old 03-08-2014, 02:38 AM   #21
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Quitting Smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
It f---ing sucks. Today is day 8 and for whatever reason it's the hardest day yet. I keep telling myself that tomorrow can be day 9 or it can be day 1 and so far I'm not willing to let go of over a week without cigarettes, but damnit this sucks. I don't like to lose and if I did give in I'd feel like a failure but f********ck I'm looking forward to not feeling like this anymore. 20 years is hard to let go of in a little over a week.
I quit for 2 hours one time lol....during that 2 hours I was hunting a store. True story it hard as hell to quit man my two boys stay on my case about it.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:04 AM   #22
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Not clove cigs, cloves.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:25 AM   #23
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

I gave up trying to quit man. The way I see it, if my life is shortened by X amount of days that's fine with me. At least I'm gonna be happy and live it the way I damn well want to. Hope it works out for ya Rick.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #24
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Good luck!! I quit about 7 years ago. I used the patch and it really helped fight the cravings. It's always with you though. There are times even today that I think wish I had a smoke right now. Stick with it, everyday is a victory!!

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #25
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I find it very hard to quit so much respect to everybody who has quit. My dad quit after 30 years if smoking. I guess when the Dr. come in and tells you that you have cancer you would too. He beat the cancer and hasn't smoked in 4 years.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #26
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Good luck. Hang in there. And if you ever need to vent, you can always cuss me out
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #27
53fan
Blue Chip

Male

53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous

I quit cold turkey in 1982. Yes, it was terribly hard at times but once I made up my mind that I would never put another cigarette in my mouth, I just kept telling myself that it would be worth it and today I have to say it was. My dad died with emphysema and a more cruel death I cannot imagine. Keep it up, you won't regret it.
woo:
53fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #28
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I had quit one time for about 2 years and then got so irritated at work that I chain smoked 5 cigarettes. Smoked for another 2 years or so. My cigarette company actually helped me quit. I helped my dad move and my step mom bought me a back of cigarettes. It was right when camel lights were rebranded. She bought me some camel something lights and they were nasty. Smoked one and threw the pack away and since then I have had 2 cigarettes in almost 6 years. I also think the 2 week was the hardest. The first 3 or 4 days was hard because of the nicotine but the 2 week was the hand habit
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #29
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

I'm pullin for ya man. I'm on the e-cig now and figured I would cut back from there. We'll see how it goes. Some say you have to just quit all together and some say it works. Good Luck buddy!!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #30
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Keep it up!

Here is a good article
http://healthland.time.com/2009/08/2...-quit-smoking/

I quit cocaine cold turkey

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #31
lauderdalecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 480
lauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comb

Stick with it. I know how hard it is I quit for good January 1, 2000. This time I used the prescription Zyban. Had some of the side effects and had to cut the dose in half, but the cravings were not there after 7 days of taking it and smoking, then stopping on New Years Day 2000 (ahem no Carolina Bowl game that year. We all remember 1999).
Today it should be easier socially than it was years ago since the habit is not acceptable like it was. It will be hard for young people to fathom, but back in the 70's you could smoke in class at Carolina if the Professor allowed it. Had a Tu-Thursday hour and a half class in one of the basement tiered classrooms in the "old" BA building. My buddy and I used to make sure we had a full pack between us and an ashtray. Russell House as well I think. For sure at the student bar in there. How can you drink and not have one?
Anyway...Good Luck
lauderdalecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #32
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Use one of the electronic things

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #33
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
It f---ing sucks. Today is day 8 and for whatever reason it's the hardest day yet. I keep telling myself that tomorrow can be day 9 or it can be day 1 and so far I'm not willing to let go of over a week without cigarettes, but damnit this sucks. I don't like to lose and if I did give in I'd feel like a failure but f********ck I'm looking forward to not feeling like this anymore. 20 years is hard to let go of in a little over a week.
I did it cold turkey. Remember, after 24 hours it is psychological. You already have it beat.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #34
rjmims6017
Learn to swim.

Male

CockyCash: 100812
rjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPit

Good luck! I've tried numerous times and 1 year is the longest I could go. My momma didn't raise no quiter.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 03-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #35
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

I hear it's tougher to kick than heroin or doughnuts, hang in there, man!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #36
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 470000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Hang in their buddy! It's no walk in the park from what I hear, but your body will start to heal immediately.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #37
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Yeah, I quit smoking after 5 years of it. I was in my first year of law school. Dunno how the hell I pulled it off but the lovely lady who would become my wife would never have given me the time of day when we met because I smoked. Funny enough, the version of me quitting smoking almost lost her too because I was such an unholy butthole from withdrawals. It all worked out for the best, though!!

I'm rooting for you, buddy-roh!! It's so, so, so worth it and you can do it, no doubt.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #38
Lant
P90X-Man

Male

CockyCash: 30300
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Lant Send a message via Yahoo to Lant

Been 3 months with no nicotine and brother it still bothers me.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #39
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 300
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Yep, it's tough. Run up and down a flight of stairs when you get the urge. Trust me, it works for various reasons
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #40
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote