CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
6pack
Captain9Dragons
GoldenSpur7
Blitzkrieg
Ironfan
2k15
gotrice?
Cockygaming
Order 66
rioninusc
Anybody worried abou (1026)
MBB recruiting. Shoo (697)
T. Blanton & NCA (630)
David Reaves Busted (405)
An Assessment of Whe (193)
Nasirildeen Decommit (179)
UCONN in February? (176)
Attendance this week (109)
Happy Birthday Evilp (30)
2017 Commitment - Jamyest
Sin Dedicated to Giving E
Anybody worried about the
David Reaves Busted For D
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti
An Assessment of Where We
UCONN in February?
NFL Playoffs 2017
2018 - Xavier Thomas
T. Blanton & NCAA Hop

Old 01-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material
Default Drones

I got my BIL a Dominator 2.0 drone from Radio Shack for Christmas, but I liked it so much I bought one for myself.

It's taken me a couple of weeks to get up to speed, but flying it is the best fun I have had in a while.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57380000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Drones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
I got my BIL a Dominator 2.0 drone from Radio Shack for Christmas, but I liked it so much I bought one for myself.

It's taken me a couple of weeks to get up to speed, but flying it is the best fun I have had in a while.
I got my kids one for Christmas, but I've had just as much fun flying it as they have.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #3
willyb's hotdogs#1
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
willyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talonswillyb's hotdogs#1 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I got my kids one for Christmas, but I've had just as much fun flying it as they have.
my dads brand new christmas present is in the top of a 50' pine tree a quarter mile from the house! dont go to high because there is wind way up there!

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #4
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Check out this drone story from 60 minutes. Fast forward to about the 14 minute mark.

Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57380000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyb's hotdogs#1 View Post
my dads brand new christmas present is in the top of a 50' pine tree a quarter mile from the house! dont go to high because there is wind way up there!
I've put in a tree once, luckily only about 15-20' was able to get it down with a saw pole.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
Y Formation
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

My new hobby. Got my teenage son one for Christmas and we both love flying it and taking vids/ pics. I started out with a beginner one, the Toprace TR-Q511. Definitely going to work my way up to the Parrot bebop or similar, very soon.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #7
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I've put in a tree once, luckily only about 15-20' was able to get it down with a saw pole.
I figured out yesterday that either the instructions for the nose up/down trim buttons are wrong or mine was cross-wired at the factory.

So the right arrow button was actually trimming the nose up instead of down and mine tended to drift backwards in a head wind.

Now the thing can make some pretty decent airspeed and flies more like a real helo or airplane.

I would check your drone's pitch attitude when you work the trim buttons in a hover to make sure yours isn't cross-wired like mine is.

Getting the nose pitch trimmed right and pushing the right joystick in to activate the higher throttle mode will give you more control and make flying it much more fun.