CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
SCohioBoy
taylorssc
PageUSC
gadeneer1986
The Yancey
l^l^lBGCock
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1240)
4th & 1 Play (1219)
Kentucky prediction (1071)
Just Booked my Hotel (1000)
So What? (554)
Best position coach (434)
Jeopardy: USC and th (377)
Travis Bell's Photos (310)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (203)
So What? (154)
The New Idea That'll Fix
How to get USC vs KY Stre
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
400 pasing yards
Kentucky prediction
Really excited to visit t
QB Recruiting Strategy
Looking for 2 for Kentuck
4th & 1 Play
Just Booked my Hotel for

Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Olympian Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius Charged with Murdering his Girlfriend

Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius charged with murder after 'he accidentally shot dead his model girlfriend at his luxury South Africa home when he mistook her for an intruder

South African paralympic star Oscar Pistorius has been charged with murder and is in custody after reportedly shooting his girlfriend dead in the middle of the night after mistaking her for a burglar.

Gunfire was heard inside his Pretoria mansion at 4am this morning and it is believed his partner may have been killed after a Valentine's Day surprise went tragically wrong. The dead woman is Reeva Steenkamp, 30, a former FHM model who had been dating the 26-year-old for two months.

She was shot in the head, the chest and the arm, police have said, and Pistorius will appear in court tomorrow after a hearing scheduled for this afternoon was cancelled.

Pretoria police spokeswoman Denise Beukes confirmed he had been charged with murder, adding they had been called to his home on several occasions since 2011 to deal with 'allegations of a domestic nature'.

Pistorius, 26, is widely known as the Blade Runner, and has also been dubbed 'the fastest man on no legs'. He was the first double amputee to run in the able-bodied Olympics and reached the 400 semi-finals in London 2012.

Pistorius's father Henke said this afternoon his son was 'sad' and a 'bit emotional', adding: 'I don't know nothing. It will be extremely obnoxious and rude to speculate. I don't know the facts. 'If anyone makes a statement, it will have to be Oscar. He's sad at the moment.'

South Africa has some of the world's highest rates of violent crime and many homeowners carry weapons to defend themselves against intruders. An average of nearly 50 people are murdered there each day, while there are also high levels of assault, rape, robbery and carjackings.

Officers are still busy with preliminary investigations at the scene, and statements are being taken from neighbours on the luxury Silver Woods estate. Police say the couple were the only people in the home at the time, there was no sign of forced entry and said the claim that Pistorius had thought his girlfriend was an intruder had not come from them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2KsskKFCS
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Olympian Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius Charged with Murdering his Girlfriend

1 minute after you. Great minds think alike, haha

I had no idea the crime rates were so high in South Africa, wow
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

CockyCash: 500
JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Olympian Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius Charged with Murdering his Girlfriend

Seems that as of right now (according to CNN) that the police are disagreeing with any notion that the suspect acted in self-defense, or that the suspect thought the model was "an intruder". Seems that may have been misreported earlier.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post

I had no idea the crime rates were so high in South Africa, wow
I would assume that's due to the mining industry there. Lots of unsavory characters come down for work.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsecSC View Post
Seems that as of right now (according to CNN) that the police are disagreeing with any notion that the suspect acted in self-defense, or that the suspect thought the model was "an intruder". Seems that may have been misreported earlier.
I also read that all those reports were not coming from police. She was shot times, doesn't it seem like you would realize who it was after the first one or two rounds? Really a sad situation.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
usc90grad
Banned

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
usc90grad
Banned

Male

Hopefully it was an accident, but it's odd they want to deny bond for him.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since she was gorgeous and he was lucky to be dating her.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

wow. i'm just stumped
Old 02-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
wow. i'm just stumped
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
usc90grad
Banned

Male

Yeah he doesn't have a leg to stand on
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Roid rage

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #12
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Poor little tink tink
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

"She was shot in the head, the chest and the arm"

I'm not buying the accidental view. Wouldn't you stop after one shot?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
usc90grad
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post

I wouldn't if I thought someone was breaking into my house.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post

so, just to be clear, you would only shoot once if someone was in your house at night? would you assume you "got him".
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i personally know someone who actually immigrated last year to the United States in order to leave South Africa. In her words.."South Africa is very dangerous, especially for white people".

She said she loves America because she can "leave her house at night". She said that her and her husband entered a lottery controlled by the United States that allows only a very few into the United States from South Africa. She feels so fortunate.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

this would be the south african stand your ground defense. id have to know the details, but if he's close enough to shoot the person 4 times, id have to say he's close enough to say dont move i have a gun on you right now and i will shoot.

if the story is that he has a loaded gun under his pillow and he wakes up to see an image in his room and fires in the dark, it still doesnt fly. not buying this as an accident.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Did anyone else see where Nike pulled the add featuring this guy and it read, "I am the bullet in the chamber"?

I can see how someone might find that a bit awkward at this point. Kind of an odd add choice anyway, with or without the context.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
BrInk
Banned

Male

BrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his claws

Anybody actually read the report on this...? You all seem to be missing the fact that the police had been to his residence recently for "domestic isssues" and that neighbors heard "screaming and yelling" coming from the residence prior to the gunshot...
BrInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #20
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrInk View Post
Anybody actually read the report on this...? You all seem to be missing the fact that the police had been to his residence recently for "domestic isssues" and that neighbors heard "screaming and yelling" coming from the residence prior to the gunshot...
yeah that is what I said in the thread I posted early this morning in the WC. The yahoo article made it sound like accidental shooting and the AP article (via ESPN) made it sound like he murdered her
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote