CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
b381l
Mt. Lattimore
jrussjr
RGHoskins
ConwayGamecock
BeatBamaTwice
davisd9
sporkgod50
JerseyBird
Musburger/Palmer to (1450)
Shaq R. (1306)
Dustin Johnson takin (1282)
1st practice tonight (1234)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1002)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (724)
We don't have a prac (432)
weather in columbia (431)
Overrated and Underr (364)
Donell Stanley injur (328)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Backup QB competition
Re-Airing South Carolina
Could we see 3 QBs on the
1st practice tonight
We don't have a practice
Official SEC Network and
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Lebron James Going to Cav

Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default As frustrating as this basketball season has been we did...

Improve our SEC record by 1 game, 5-13 compared to 4-14 last year. Hey, I'll mark that as improvement. Looking for silver linings anywhere. This has probably already been discussed but improvement is improvement even if it's 1 game.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: As frustrating as this basketball season has been we did...

And our non conference schedule was way more difficult this year compared to last year, we definitely played harder and better basketball.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
jonick
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

I love the attitude of the glass is half full...but you know we need the other half...don't you....
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

This years team improved over the season, unlike last year.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Still pissed abt the Baylor game.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #6
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

With a full year from Johnson and Ellington maybe another 2-3 games fall out way. The caveat is would Williams have played very much.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

I definitely feel like our team improved from last year. I think this team has improved as this year went on and all our new players gained experience/confidence. I also believe that if we could go back and replay the end of some of the close games we lost this year, that we would win some of them now. Bottom line, this bodes well for the future. But we will need much better post play going forward.
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Gotta start somewhere. The foundation is being built.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

Harry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his claws

These are the kinds of threads that this board needs. We can't be to ten in everything
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #10
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Not trying to be negative Nancy, but losing Williams is going to suck!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #11
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
Not trying to be negative Nancy, but losing Williams is going to suck!
Losing Martin would suck even worse ! We got Sind still, and off we go !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #12
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Looking for a .500 record next year. That would be sweet.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #13
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
. That would be progress.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #14
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

I said in an earlier thread...show me where we are better...well, this shows it. We faced tougher competition...had a better record...and survived two controversial midseason distractions with the team. I don't think we could have done that 2 years ago. That said....on to the tournament and then to next season. I can take an improvement for year to year and be happy.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #15
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonick View Post
I love the attitude of the glass is half full...but you know we need the other half...don't you....
Of course but where we are right now I'll take a one game improvement. Better than going 3-15 this year or 4-14 again. If we improve one game each year we'll have 11 SEC wins by Martin's 7,8 season. Hopefully it won't take that long but as down as we have been, it may take that long.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #16
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cock View Post
These are the kinds of threads that this board needs. We can't be to ten in everything
Thanks for the thread props.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #17
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
And major improvement. I want us to be a program like Maryland. They finished .500 in ACC and are genuinely solid year in and year out. They just beat ACC top seed UVA to finish .500 in conference and are a bubble team I think.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #18
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cock View Post
Who says...

No seriously we are improving I just hope we give Frank Martin ample time to make us a contender because he will.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #19
jonick
4-Star

Male

jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Of course but where we are right now I'll take a one game improvement. Better than going 3-15 this year or 4-14 again. If we improve one game each year we'll have 11 SEC wins by Martin's 7,8 season. Hopefully it won't take that long but as down as we have been, it may take that long.
I'm a light switch kinda guy and not a dimmer switch one, I want it now, however I can be (gulp) a realist and not expect miracles next year or even the year after.., but any longer than that and I won't be the only one who will wonder when or if under Martin..now I have no axe to grind and I'm sure he's a good coach..and I hope he even becomes a better person...but in this day and time, if you are given an opportunity to produce and don't your tenure is gonna be in jeopardy..I hope we get the talent and I hope his coaching ability shines in the coming years..We at Carolina deserve a winner in all sports, but I'm not the least bit prejudicial, don't you know.
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #20
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I said in an earlier thread...show me where we are better...well, this shows it. We faced tougher competition...had a better record...and survived two controversial midseason distractions with the team. I don't think we could have done that 2 years ago. That said....on to the tournament and then to next season. I can take an improvement for year to year and be happy.
You're assuming we don't win the SEC and make the dance.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote