CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
taylorssc
Freshman ND WR " (760)
Call of Duty: Advanc (502)
Good Riddance to bad (425)
Keeping tailgate foo (303)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (268)
An A to Z of Noah We (188)
The Comeback & T (177)
Bashing Players, coa (139)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (86)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (74)
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #1
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Anyone hyped for this or at least interested? Release date is November 4th with those with the Day Zero edition getting access on the 3rd.

I am not a fan of all the future stuff I've seen in videos, but I am not going to judge it until I have played it for a while. I am just not a fan of a lot of verticality in mp shooters.

I do like what they are doing with the digital editions. You can buy the digital edition for either console generation and get the game free for the other generation. This good for me since I still have only a PS3 but I am hoping to upgrade real soon to the PS4. You still get to retain both versions if you do upgrade.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

This will be the first COD game that I wont get on release date since the original Modern Warfare, and probably won't even get.

Not that the game doesn't look good or anything like that ... just old and married and don't get to play like I used to.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #3
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Call of Titanfall

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #4
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Call of Titanfall

This....but maybe it will be better than Titanfall since they are only focused on the ground game.

I think many gamers are wanting a next gen WW2 game, me included. They should have gone this route.
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #5
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
This....but maybe it will be better than Titanfall since they are only focused on the ground game.

I think many gamers are wanting a next gen WW2 game, me included. They should have gone this route.
I agree. Just machine guns, tanks and grenades.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #6
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Call of Titanfall

Can we say Titanfall is TitanCrysis? or Tom clancey's Future Titan?

You can find similarities in any game you play, heck the basis of the FPS is the same back to the days of Wolfenstien 3D on the PC.

The main thing is, is the game fun?
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #7
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Don't know if it's fun...sledgehammer hasn't made a CoD yet...gotta be better than Infinity Ward though.

All I know is that it's Titanfall all over again, without the titans. I got tired of that game fairly quickly after it launched...granted, even if sledgehammer sucks, this game should be way deeper.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure my son will get it for Christmas. I'm waiting on Halo: MCC and then BF:H....and, hopefully next year, a badass Treyarch CoD.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #8
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Really want a new WW2 game. Or a proper Vietnam game.

Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #9
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Really want a new WW2 game. Or a proper Vietnam game.

Flamethrower action abound!
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #10
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Flamethrower action abound!
The BF: BC2 Vietnam DLC was great....just wasn't enough of it.

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #11
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Don't know if it's fun...sledgehammer hasn't made a CoD yet...gotta be better than Infinity Ward though.

All I know is that it's Titanfall all over again, without the titans. I got tired of that game fairly quickly after it launched...granted, even if sledgehammer sucks, this game should be way deeper.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure my son will get it for Christmas. I'm waiting on Halo: MCC and then BF:H....and, hopefully next year, a badass Treyarch CoD.

I don't play COD, was just stating something about video games. I did look up the wiki page, and Sledgehammer was working on a Vietnam game, but Infinity Ward needed help finishing MW3. So Don't know if they will start that game up again for their next release.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #12
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I don't play COD, was just stating something about video games. I did look up the wiki page, and Sledgehammer was working on a Vietnam game, but Infinity Ward needed help finishing MW3. So Don't know if they will start that game up again for their next release.
that would be badass. we need to move on from the future-warfare (and even modern warfare to a degree). we'll always have the halo type games...i'd rather the CoDs and BFs of the world stay away from that type of stuff.

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #13
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Really not interested in this game for some reason. Part of it is being bored with COD, part of it is having no interest in the futuristic COD, and part of it is being backlogged on other games.

I want a WWII one so bad. They could just re-release WaW with some modest enhancements and I'd buy it. I'd also like it if they just went further back into history instead of doing future stuff. Give me a Civil War COD.
Halltj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #14
gadeneer1986
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gadeneer1986 has feathers coming ingadeneer1986 has feathers coming ingadeneer1986 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
Really not interested in this game for some reason. Part of it is being bored with COD, part of it is having no interest in the futuristic COD, and part of it is being backlogged on other games.

I want a WWII one so bad. They could just re-release WaW with some modest enhancements and I'd buy it. I'd also like it if they just went further back into history instead of doing future stuff. Give me a Civil War COD.
Assassin's creed MP is pretty close to that
gadeneer1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM   #15
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I'm hoping for the same.. I think it's time to get back to WWII.
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #16
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I agree with all of you. I am over the modern shooter thing. World at War is still my favorite Call of Duty. I just miss the simpler games of COD 4 and WAW. Although fun at times, MW2 is when the series went over the edge for me. The players in Ghosts were irritating me by not moving the other night so I got on COD 4 and had a blast, even with the problems in that game. I didn't have to work about thermal scopes, motions sensors, target finders and all the other crutches developers have put in the last few games.

I am curious about the Exo suit in COD:AW and if an older player like myself can adapt to this new style of COD. If not, then I may have to finally switch over to BF when Hardline comes out.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #17
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Although fun at times, MW2 is when the series went over the edge for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I didn't have to work about thermal scopes, motions sensors, target finders and all the other crutches developers have put in the last few games.

this. for ***k's sake, this. both of this's'es.

back in the day, it was about the skill of the player vs. the skill of his opponents. now, you nailed it, it's all about crutches and kill streaks. and my god, there's ALWAYS some stupid shit flying through the sky, effing up the match. uggggghhhhh.

oh, and just assume that there's NEVER a time when you're not showing up on radar if you're not ghosting...they give out UAV's like it's freakin' candy.

yup...CoD has just about lost me...still praying for treyarch to take us back to the basics next year, but it's probably not gonna happen.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #18
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

as for the BF series in general, i have long thought it to be a superior product to the CoD franchise (though admittedly a different experience).

and as for BF:H specifically, i was in the beta on the ps4 and had an absolute blast, which sort of surprised me as 1) i wasn't expecting to like the severe departure from traditional BF games and 2) i was playing an FPS on sony's controller, which is definitely not my preferred controller for that genre.

i'm definitely getting hardline. very, very fun game.

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #19
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadeneer1986 View Post
I love the AC franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadeneer1986 View Post
I love the AC franchise.
Halltj2 is online now   Reply With Quote