CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
conwaycock2
M.C.
75CarolinaFan
An Aggies View of th (1015)
My predictions for 2 (982)
Tennessee (679)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (665)
Elcid99 (619)
Question on Student (458)
Erin Murray's brothe (431)
Clowney in Practice (417)
SEC Recruiting Advan (389)
Camp scheduled relea (334)
Not a Rival..
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec
2015 - Zack Bailey
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Jarred Reuter
Doral Moore
Tennessee
Ranking the Opposing Fanb

Old 03-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Proud

Win or lose tomorrow against UT, I'm proud of how these guys have closed out the year. They've been in the cellar for half the year and could've given in but they've kept fighting especially the last 5 or so games.

UT is a matchup nightmare for us and we're pretty gassed by now so I'm not expecting a win tomorrow but we just defeated a team fighting for their coach (AU) and a team fighting for their NCAA berth (Arky).

Both have better talent but we just outhearted them and out hustled them.

The future is bright. If Martin can continue to increase the talent level we will be on our way.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
SECgamecock453
Glory Glory Man United

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453
Default Re: Proud

UT will be tough.. and even if we get past them we'd have what.. Florida? Regardless, to win 2 SECT games when most of us didn't expect 1 is amazing enough and the improvement we have shown at the end of the season. I think we all expected this sort of improvement as the season went on, but at least it's rearing it's head now rather than not at all. I actually wanted that third shot at Auburn in the SECT, so sick of losing to them in everything that isn't baseball or equestrian. If we beat UT tomorrow.. the stars may just be aligning properly.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

Fmart is doing work. I've said before and will say again. S. Car is a 2016 at-large NCAA team....watch!
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I with you usc1.
Since Feb. this team has gone 5-7, including a win over a far more talented Kentucky team, a good Vanderbilt team
This team could've given up when it lost 9-of-10 games in the middle of the season...but instead it appears they hunkered down, circled the wagons and it started clicking.

Duane Notice, Chatvkevicus, Kacinas especially have really come on, and I think could be a solid group to guild a 10-man rotation around next season with Thornwell.

I think this also proves that Martin knows what he is doing, and who knows, maybe Ray's sit down with coach helped give Martin a new way and attacking this coaching challenge.

Regardless, this team has closed the season well...and while I don't think we win tomorrow against UT (a matchup nightmare in the post) at least this team played itself into a chance.

Fight strong, and whenver this season ends, go into the offseason with energy and enthusiasm t o get better.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Nice couple of wins for sure. We are getting better, mostly thanks to improved play from the Lithuanians and better decisions in general. We'll need some better players to take the next step and get above 500.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
gamecockfan
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 833
gamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan

We are this years Cinderella story. We WILL win the SEC and SHOCK the nation, and go to the NCAA Tournament.. Who's with me? GO COCKS!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
We are this years Cinderella story. We WILL win the SEC and SHOCK the nation, and go to the NCAA Tournament.. Who's with me? GO COCKS!!!
I'll be with you if you pass the joint.

I'm very happy with how this team has nutted up and closed out the season. It took a while for it to show but we are definitely improving. With a few more players in place we can develop into a pretty good basketball team.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Nice couple of wins for sure. We are getting better, mostly thanks to improved play from the Lithuanians and better decisions in general. We'll need some better players to take the next step and get above 500.
Yep, something has really clicked for them over the past 6 games or so. Especially the last 4 games, Kacinas has averaged 9 pts and 9 rebs, while Chat came close to matching his career high in points, and then established a new career high in the last 2 games. He's averaging 8 pts and 7.5 rebounds over the last 4 games.

Hope they can keep it up, because the increased scoring and rebounding was definitely what the team needed. Also Carrera - while not scoring much - has become more of a rebounding and shot-adjusting presence in the paint during this run...
Old 03-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #9
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm worried about a possible matchup problem with Kansas. Who is gonna gaurd Wiggins?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 PM   #10
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Even if we got past Tennessee, Florida would stomp us.

I'm proud of our team regardless. Despite what a select group of morons think, they have improved and are going to be very promising going forward. Thornwell should be one of the best players in the SEC, Notice will continue to improve, and Chatkevicius has really caught on down the stretch with his offense and defense.

Plus, our defense got better this season. We were in a lot more games this season and a few things here and there, and we're talking about a lot more wins with a young team.

Also, if we can get P.J. Dozier in next year's class, and Seventh Woods the year after... that will be the icing on the cake.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:14 AM   #11
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Wish we started playing this well in the middle of the season. We'd have finished at least 9-9 or 8-10 in SEC play and could have been a bubble team and two wins in the tourney could have solidified us a spot.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #12
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
I'm proud of our team regardless. Despite what a select group of morons think, they have improved and are going to be very promising going forward. Thornwell should be one of the best players in the SEC, Notice will continue to improve, and Chatkevicius has really caught on down the stretch with his offense and defense.

Plus, our defense got better this season. We were in a lot more games this season and a few things here and there, and we're talking about a lot more wins with a young team.
anybody who has had anything negative to say about this bball team, is an absolute idiot. so many fans forget what happened in the off-season. we have seven freshmen, and five sophomores. i'm going to type that again, because people just don't seem to get it. WE HAVE SEVEN FRESHMEN AND FIVE SOPHOMORES! these guys were expected to play like freshmen. they weren't supposed to even accomplish last years record, let alone what they have been doing as of late. while talented, they needed to learn. and last years experience did little good for those who were around, as that team was lost.
this team has scratched, and fought all season long, against much more talented and experienced teams, and they have been in almost every game, save a few. freshmen and sophomores don't know how to finish. they had to be taught. now they are a seasoned, battle tested group, and they are starting to learn. and it is now showing.
with this coaching staff, a full year in the weight room and a very tough season under their belts, this team is going to be nasty next year. i expect the lithu.'s to be much, much, much better next season, as they are so this season from last. i expect carrera to growup, and not be in the doghouse all year long. i expect notice and thornwell to be stars next season. most importantly, i expect ringer and henry to be the most improved guys on the team next season. with johnson back, and even more talent coming in, this team could do big things next season. it's going to be fun to watch.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 AM   #13
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:31 AM   #14
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

If we win tomorrow it is possible to catch Florida looking ahead never know what might happen

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #15
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
If we win tomorrow it is possible to catch Florida looking ahead never know what might happen
That or we could get lucky and Florida have a off day and Missouri knocks them off already.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #16
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

If our boys can some how get it done today, I seriously think I may freak the hell out.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #17
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I won't lie. Regardless of what happens today, the past three games have been pretty dang special to me. This team could have easily tanked. Instead we have pulled together and beat the tar out of Mississippi State, Auburn, and then pulled out a win against an Arkansas team that was fighting for their NCAA Tournament lives. That means we played a team that fully knew they needed a win and beat them.

We face a similar situation today in Tennessee. I will say this. A week ago, I wasn't sure about the direction of our basketball team. The past few games have shown me that their is hope for the future of Gamecock Basketball, and that we have the right man leading the way.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #18
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Beat Tennessee!
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #19
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I honestly could not be prouder. The kids have handled themselves about as well as you could hope for. Ray Tanner made a call that he felt needed to occur and from that point forward this team has done nothing but do the right thing. And as one who has been extremely critical of Frank Martin in the past I have really been impressed with the way he has responded and handled himself and his team during the last few days. He hasn't toned down his passion or intensity one bit yet he has been able to control himself and get his squad to play about as good as they can over the entirety of the last couple of games. It shows on the floor AND on the sidelines and these big wins are a direct result of it. Even the broadcast crew mentioned it several times during the Arkansas win. Good job players, coach and Tanner. THIS is how you deal with things and move forward in a positive direction.

Everybody keeps doing the right things here and I think we pull off another victory today. GO COCKS!!!! BEAT THE VOLS!!!!
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #20
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

I originally thought Frank Martin's verbal outburst and subsequent apology marked the beginning of the end for him. However, it appears to be the wake up call, a rooster's crow, for the team. Once I heard the players were behind Martin, I hoped this would be a rallying point. I see good things to come and possibly another legendary Frank M. coaching at SC.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote