CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
johnnyb
b381l
Welcome to Moe's (558)
Jay Paterno Attempts (487)
help with army insig (208)
Hercules - review (206)
I'm a grand godfathe (116)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (44)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (19)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Help Give Cocky a Home
Name a Gamecock
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article for those co
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 - Mon Denson
Coach's media golf press

Old 03-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Teddy Bridgewater Fails to Impress at his Pro Day

May help to solidify JC as the #1 pick

Teddy Bridgewater's pro day workout 'average at best'

Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater didn't exactly help himself in his quest to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft with his pro day workout Monday. NFL Media draft analyst Mike Mayock and NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner weren't wowed by the workout, with Warner pointing out mechanical issues and Mayock saying "I expected a little bit more today."

Mayock said that while most quarterbacks have good pro days because they are able to script the workout and are throwing in a controlled environment, Bridgewater's workout was "average at best." Mayock said he saw "a lot of flutters, a lot of inaccuracy."

Warner said Bridgewater had problems with his weight transfer, which led to some poor throws. "Accuracy starts with your base and balance," Warner said, and Bridgewater struggled in that regard Monday. "I have seen a couple of balls hang on him a bit," Warner said.

Bridgewater isn't necessarily going to plummet in the draft on the basis of the one workout, and he obviously has a lot of good game tape or he wouldn't be as highly regarded as he is. But as Mayock pointed out, this is a draft filled with players at other positions who are considered to be elite, and Bridgewater's relatively lackluster workout is concerning. Given the depth of this quarterback class, a team -- if it is not convinced about Bridgewater, Bortles or Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel -- conceivably could find a signal-caller in the second or third round who could develop into a long-term starter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...verage-at-best
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater Fails to Impress at his Pro Day

You don't pass up a player like Clowney even if there might be a need elsewhere. You take the chance on an elite physical player like him.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Even though he held out of some workouts at the combine and was quoted "Average" Pro day. There's enough game footage that teams have to still make him a possible top 10 draft pic.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Hopefully this will push the Texans to take Clowney #1. I would LOVE to be able to see DJ and Clowney live in the NFL.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #5
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Bridgewater was not impressive throughout his college career, why should his pro day be different?
Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Drafting a QB in the first round is some risky shit.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #7
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
"Mayock said that while most quarterbacks have good pro days because they are able to script the workout and are throwing in a controlled environment, Bridgewater's workout was "average at best." Mayock said he saw "a lot of flutters, a lot of inaccuracy."
Not good news for Teddy...could mean there are guys with better arms already available riding benches or practice teams. You gotta impress big time if you want to be drafted big time.

On a side note...wonder how Connor compares to Teddy in one of these kind of workouts?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
B-G
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

But who cares what Mayock says, he's a "blowhard"
Old 03-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Clemsux182
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
Clemsux182 has hatched from the shell

I dont get many things right, but I've said from the beginning of last season that I just didn't see Bridgewater as an ELITE NFL QB. At one point the talking heads were discussing him as a potential #1 overall and I just never saw it. I would take Bortles over Bridgewater any day of the week. Heck, I'd probably go with Murray over Bridgewater too. Mechanics are just not there with Teddy. I hope I'm wrong and he is very successful, but I wouldn't take him in the first round FWIW.
Clemsux182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #10
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Bridgewater was not impressive throughout his college career, why should his pro day be different?
I agree. Never understood why there was so much hype around the kid. IMO he is a 3rd-4th round pick.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #11
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

#1 pick will be Clowney or Bortles. Hopefully Clowney.