CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
markymark550
Transmaniacon
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
robgusc76
2014 Charleston Clas (3155)
The Defense (2008)
**USC Women vs. San (1960)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1825)
Women's soccer Sweet (1572)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1134)
USC/clemson spread (841)
In case no one saw.. (777)
injury report? (695)
Odell Becham Catch (325)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Texans getting frustrated
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Huge recruiting weekend
Official WWE Thread
Fly_over tomorrow?
Dylan Thompson surpasses
The Defense

Old 03-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Walmart starts game trading program

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/18/w...tm_campaign=sf

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material
Default Re: Walmart starts game trading program

Should be interesting to see what values they give. Best buy started their and have been giving me more than I typically see from gamestop.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Wow...Wal-Mart is going to corner every consumer market there is before it's all over. How long until they start selling cars?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
Wow...Wal-Mart is going to corner every consumer market there is before it's all over. How long until they start selling cars?
I didn't know until a couple a days ago but you can buy a casket for a funeral from Walmart. It was cited in an article about an almost 100 year old funeral home closing
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #5
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Wal-Mart is turning into buy-n-large

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

It truly is. Don't get me wrong, I love capitalism. But, damn! Wal-Mart is insisting on growth that doesn't make sense, IMO. They are refusing to allow companies to carve out a niche without competing with them in any market.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Other stores will have to step their game up. Walmart might be able to offer the better prices for the games, but they will not be able to keep up with the customer service aspect if small stores focus on that. Best Buy, Gamestop, etc will have to provide a better shopping experience.

They will have to be like Publix. Prices may be a little higher, but the shopping experience is tons better.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The publix comparison is spot on. I think that the competition will be good for all too. Amazon has gotten into the act as well. http://www.amazon.com/b?node=979418011&tag=theyancey-20

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Other stores will have to step their game up. Walmart might be able to offer the better prices for the games, but they will not be able to keep up with the customer service aspect if small stores focus on that. Best Buy, Gamestop, etc will have to provide a better shopping experience.

They will have to be like Publix. Prices may be a little higher, but the shopping experience is tons better.
We are price watchers for groceries and have noticed that Publix is just as cheap as the next store. I also find their store brands to be better quality, at least in my head, than the other store brands. if you want a grocery store that is like the world's largest 7-11, Piggly Wiggly is your store. Selection is horrible and I find it more expensive than Publix

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I'm pretty sure they rolled this out in 2009 and it didn't go so well.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #11
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
We are price watchers for groceries and have noticed that Publix is just as cheap as the next store. I also find their store brands to be better quality, at least in my head, than the other store brands. if you want a grocery store that is like the world's largest 7-11, Piggly Wiggly is your store. Selection is horrible and I find it more expensive than Publix
Piggy wiggly is more expensive and will be out of business in less than 5 year s. At least Carolina pig. Sold off half way decent stores in last 6 months, closing ones they have left, their main warehouse is leased and their original small warehouse is being shopped. Stores are receiving out of date product because it is sitting in warehouse, one local owner in South Carolina is looking at iga

Wear Publix appears to be more expensive is frozen foods. I shop at Publix some but mainly kroger because of gas points
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote