CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
Spurticus
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
JoeMorrisonLives
Rooster'srule
garnet_black215
Welcome to Moe's (629)
Jay Paterno Attempts (578)
help with army insig (266)
Hercules - review (263)
I'm a grand godfathe (144)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (58)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (55)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (38)
George Miller revisi (38)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (23)
So what do you do with 18
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 Commitment - Paris P
2015 - Albert Huggins
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE Texa
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Davon Durant
Help Give Cocky a Home
Official WWE Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #21
atrain3067
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 825000
atrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to atrain3067
Default Re: Myrtle Beach Restaurant's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Love me some dagwoods for lunch
Yep. Can't go wrong with Dagwoods.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #22
lfowens
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
lfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his claws

Consider this place ---> Biminis, 930 Lake Arrowhead Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

Very laid back relaxed atmosphere....the food is very fresh and really great.

The Desire of the Owners was to bring to Myrtle Beach the taste and feel of the Islands, the laid-back atmosphere quickly brought locals and visitors to sample the freshest shellfish and fish, and to encounter the best service to be found on the beach. Add the sounds of Jimmy Buffet, Island Reggae, and of course live beach music and you have not just a Restaurant, but the Bimini’s Experience!

http://www.biminisoysterbar.com/
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #23
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

NY Prime is great. There is also a Ruth's Chris in Myrtle. Duffy St. Crab Shack is good seafood in Cherry Grove as well as the Seafood Hut in Calabash.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 AM   #24
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Abuelo's at the Coastal Grand Mall.

http://www.abuelos.com/

Seriously, the BEST authentic Mexican food I've ever eaten. Place is absolutely phenomenal.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:04 AM   #25
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Chestnut Hill
Chesapeake House
Lee's Inlet kitchen
Old 03-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #26
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Abuelo's at the Coastal Grand Mall.

http://www.abuelos.com/

Seriously, the BEST authentic Mexican food I've ever eaten. Place is absolutely phenomenal.
What?! That is not authentic Mexican, that is a wannabe-upscale Tex-Mex chain. The only authentic Mexican place In the MB area I have been able to find is La Hacienda in Socastee. It's run by a real Mexican family. That is how you know it is authentic. No Mexicans = not authentic. http://www.lahaciendamb.com/
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #27
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Beck's in Calabash. One of the original restaurants there. Great food! !!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #28
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
Drunken Jacks in Murrell's Inlet is pretty good and there is a walk along the waterway there with bars, restaurants, and shops along it. It is a little bit of a drive but if you are going to be down near Broadway At the Beach, it is near that.
Plus 20 minutes lol
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #29
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
Chestnut Hill
Chesapeake House
Lee's Inlet kitchen
Lee's Inlet kitchen is garbage.....
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #30
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Plus 20 minutes lol
thats kinda what I was thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Lee's Inlet kitchen is garbage.....
havent eaten there in a LONG time, like 15 years or so, but when I last ate there it was good, believe the original family sold it tho
Old 03-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #31
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Pizza Heaven on King's Highway. Don't go there for the atmosphere though.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #32
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

http://www.crabcatchers.net/

looks like a dump, but its right on the waterfront and the view on the back deck is excellent...hard to beat the atmosphere or find better crab legs in NMB
Old 03-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #33
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain3067 View Post
Yep. Can't go wrong with Dagwoods.

Cosign.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

Pawleys island tavern
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #35
JuggernautCock
4-Star

Male

JuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervousJuggernautCock is making other chickens nervous

Born and raised in NMB.

Go to calabash for seafood, easy. Best bang for your buck, and a tight atmosphere.

If you're in Little River and want a nice dinner spot, i'd recommend Brentwood Restaurant, Parson's Table and Clark's, in that order. I put Clark's b/c they have a nice patio in the Marina and my brother Davis is the head bartender on the patio. Tell him Will sent y'all and "Go Cocks" maybe he can hook y'all up.

In NMB, you must (must) go to lunch one day at Hamburger Joe's, across 17 from Barefoot Landing. Favorite Carolina-style burger in the entire world (chili and cole slaw). Great feel to it and it's always hoppin' around lunchtime. Bring cash (no cards used there). Lots of breakfast places. Golden Griddle is usually my go-to. As far as evening meals go, lots to consider. If you're near Barefoot, Greg Norman's place is pretty decent. Umberto's has good Italian. Lots of seafood up and down the strand. I perfer Cherry Grove Beach, just my opinion. Duffy St. Seafood is great. Lot's of places. Any farther south into Myrtle, I get fuzzy on. The were finishing off Broadway as I was moving, so don't know what all is out there.

Good luck.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #36
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Chucks Steakhouse is an oldie but goodie. I think it was voted best steak in Myrtle for like 15 straight years. Last time I was there we had the burgers and they were out of this world.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #37
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

I posted this same thread last august haha. I stayed at the long bay resort and there is a burger place on the 5th floor I believe, best burger I had had in a while. I'm sure you could park in the garage and head up to it from there. Also, 2nd Ave Pier has really good food, and there is a pizza place called Ultimate California Pizza, it's pretty good too. Joe's at Broadway at the Beach was excellent. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #38
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material

If you enjoy good German food I have mentioned this place more than once, but it is one place I make sure to go every single time I am in MB. It is called Cafe Old Vienna.

The place is run by an Austrian couple, pretty small inside so you will want to make dinner reservations. I believe they are also closed on Mondays. Excellent, I mean excellent food and very consistent.

http://cafeoldvienna.com/

snruter amabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #39
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I'd stay far away from Calabash for seafood. There is a reason the locals don't frequent those places

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #40
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
What?! That is not authentic Mexican, that is a wannabe-upscale Tex-Mex chain. The only authentic Mexican place In the MB area I have been able to find is La Hacienda in Socastee. It's run by a real Mexican family. That is how you know it is authentic. No Mexicans = not authentic. http://www.lahaciendamb.com/
San Jose is teeming with Mexicans and is not authentic

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote