CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
yazoo
b381l
The Yancey
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
donbgamecock
IslandCock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
Aggie96
OBC banner being add (2660)
Ward wants us to pla (1812)
Who scores the first (1524)
I'm not buying the h (1306)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (1104)
SL,UT Gamecocks (1089)
Howdy! - Tailgating (592)
If you don't think o (475)
Greetings from ECU F (397)
Nice Article With Ke (371)
New Sign at Williams Bric
I'm not buying the hype,
Official SEC Network and
SHOULD GAMECOCK PLAYERS B
Tanner McEvoy Starting QB
Ward wants us to play fas
Who scores the first touc
SL,UT Gamecocks
Davis Playing in A&M
Game at Rendezvous

Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Williams Brice Upgrades

So the thread where we were all talking about ways to make WB look better got me thinking, so I gave Spurt some homework last night.

I would still finish the walkways with the garnet to make it look more complete, but this is what I have in mind for the rest of the stadium. Maybe a darker brick to give it more of the garnet look than the plain brick look, but I think this would make WB look top notch.

Anyone agree?

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Last edited by cack; 06-05-2013 at 10:08 AM.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
jwilso6
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
jwilso6 has feathers coming injwilso6 has feathers coming injwilso6 has feathers coming in
Default Re: Williams Brice Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
So the thread where we were all talking about ways to make WB look better got me thinking, so I gave Spurt some homework last night.

I would still finish the walkways with the garnet to make it look more complete, but this is what I have in mind for the rest of the stadium. Maybe a darker brick to give it more of the garnet look than the plain brick look, but I think this would make WB look top notch.

Anyone agree?

I agree. Thanks for using my picture :) Maybe we can get this to the University.

Last edited by cack; 06-05-2013 at 10:08 AM.
jwilso6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

/\ I hope it was ok, it was there and easiest to just copy and post.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I really didn't pay attention to it last night working on this photo, but
now that it's posted, I should have done the walls of the stadium (on
each side of the scoreboard) as well as the face of the Eddie Floyd
Building (just under the scoreboard) in brick as well to balance it out.

I did three of these altogether. One with brick on the Press box, walkways
and the turns.....It didn't look good at all. Did another with brick pressbox
and walkways..... didn't look good either.

Cack suggested originally just to do the Upper deck supports and that is
what this is. This was the best looking of the three. .. I also like his
suggestion of going with a redder brick. With the dark stained brick mixed
in with that, you'd have a really good looking exterior to the stadium.

However, I wouldn't extend the Garnet on the turns if you did this. I'd
leave it as is to match the Press Box, Walkways, Light supports etc...

(IMO)
Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I really didn't pay attention to it last night working on this photo, but
now that it's posted, I should have done the walls of the stadium (on
each side of the scoreboard) as well as the face of the Eddie Floyd
Building (just under the scoreboard) in brick as well to balance it out.

I did three of these altogether. One with brick on the Press box, walkways
and the turns.....It didn't look good at all. Did another with brick pressbox
and walkways..... didn't look good either.

Cack suggested originally just to do the Upper deck supports and that is
what this is. This was the best looking of the three. .. I also like his
suggestion of going with a redder brick. With the dark stained brick mixed
in with that, you'd have a really good looking exterior to the stadium.

However, I wouldn't extend the Garnet on the turns if you did this. I'd
leave it as is to match the Press Box, Walkways, Light supports etc...

(IMO)
I was actually looking at that too. I think finishing the turns might make it too much ... but I still don't know that I like the half finished turns ... who knows.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
jwilso6
Walk On

jwilso6 has feathers coming injwilso6 has feathers coming injwilso6 has feathers coming in

Cack, no worries. I think it's cool that someone is using my picture.

As far as the stadium, I think we have to paint the turnstiles that are currently half painted garnet. Also, if the brick costs too much, maybe we could throw a coat of paint on the entire structure.
jwilso6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

I kind of like our stadiums look without the brick. I'd rather see them just paint it and stuff like that than put a brick facade on it.

I'd like to see them one day create an over pass for the walk from the fairgrounds in, over George Rogers Blvd, but so that it looks like the road goes down and the walk way is the same level as the fairgrounds.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I kind of like our stadiums look without the brick. I'd rather see them just paint it and stuff like that than put a brick facade on it.

I'd like to see them one day create an over pass for the walk from the fairgrounds in, over George Rogers Blvd, but so that it looks like the road goes down and the walk way is the same level as the fairgrounds.
I'm not sure if you are psychic or if you saw this...but that is the exact plan:

http://www.williamsbrice.com/phase.php
Old 06-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

/\ not to say that isn't what they're planning for the outside of the stadium, but I wouldn't say it's exactly what IS going to happen either. That site is EXTREMELY old, and even says we're supposed to expand the North Endzone and have it completed for the 2012 season to add 6-8k seats.

Although it would be AWESOME, I don't know if that's what's really going to happen.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
/\ not to say that isn't what they're planning for the outside of the stadium, but I wouldn't say it's exactly what IS going to happen either. That site is EXTREMELY old, and even says we're supposed to expand the North Endzone and have it completed for the 2012 season to add 6-8k seats.

Although it would be AWESOME, I don't know if that's what's really going to happen.
Yeah...the bottom scroll is what I was mainly referring to, where it shows the street going down under a walkway.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I'm not sure if you are psychic or if you saw this...but that is the exact plan:

http://www.williamsbrice.com/phase.php
I had seen the idea of doing the crossover floated around the internet but never seen the school officially say it would be in the works.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
CarolinaLaw12

CockyCash:

I don't think this is what people had in mind when they mention bricking WB. Generally, other schools have completely redone the outside so as to cover up the industrial look. See Florida State's stadium. In other words, the brick would start several feet in front of the current structure. This just looks like a brick veneer.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
EMAG
Walk On

Male

EMAG has hatched from the shell

Quote:

Anyone agree?

I like the idea of having a big block C on the grey tower looking thing(right above where it says WILLIAMS BRICE STADIUM).
Old 06-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Paint the entire ramps garnet and have a huge Block C right above "Williams Brice Stadium" on the back of the press box.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Spurt you are a God. This is exactly what I had in mind, in fact I was gonna pay a graphic designer to brick everything. Can we see what it would look like to brick the entire stadium inu do g the Ramps? How about leave theists the beige color? Keep going spurt hell if displayed to USC u could get a fat check I'm the mail if its ever coincided. My dream is coming true just looking at what could be. Thank u!!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaLaw12 View Post
I don't think this is what people had in mind when they mention bricking WB. Generally, other schools have completely redone the outside so as to cover up the industrial look. See Florida State's stadium. In other words, the brick would start several feet in front of the current structure. This just looks like a brick veneer.
I was going with my idea, not what everybody else was saying they were wanting.

I don't think we should brick up the ENTIRE stadium to look like every one else.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

I just looked at the FSU stadium...looks nice! I wish we would brick ours similar to theirs. Overall their stadium and surrounding area looks very nice. I wonder what the cost is to brick most of our stadium...I'm throwing in $20 :)

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #18
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaLaw12 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Make it look like a college building, that they play football in...FSU's stadium is beautiful
Old 06-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

i like the industrial look. I would like to see a design like spurts but with black brick and finish painting the ramps and pressbox garnet. Leave the the uppers like spurt did. On the big tower that says WILLIAMS BRICE STADIUM brick it in black brick but where the lettering is have an inset area painted garnet. idea need to see it though

Or you could do the exact opposite and do the traditonal brick and change all the paint to black. If you go with traditional red or garnet brick you got to pop for black mortar
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

My guess is that if they do decide to gussy up the exterior it will be in the same style as other recent campus buildings.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote