CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3224)
2014 Subway Classic: (1557)
aTm demolishes Kyle (723)
Cocky at the Duck Co (695)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (611)
Really, REALLY glad (529)
Deer Hunting 2014 (363)
movers, furniture do (296)
Happy Winter Solstic (266)
Streaming nfl games (252)
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 03-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default The 15 most hated bands of the last 30 years

I don't agree with all of these.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/10/15_m...ium=socialflow

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: The 15 most hated bands of the last 30 years

I don't agree with a lot.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Most hated by the author? Sure.

Most hated by everyone? No.

A few classify as people just not caring about them anymore imo. That doesn't mean they're hated though.

Last edited by markymark550; 03-21-2014 at 11:39 AM.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

OK lets see his list of what SHE thinks is the best. Good grief, who is Prachi Gupta? Her she is, one of Salon's greatest writers I guess.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I agree with a few.
Calling 98 degrees a band in the first place should be telling.
Nickleback, Smashmouth, Black Eyed Peas, Insane Clown Posse...fully agree.
Limp Bizkit, Lana Del Ray and Creed...def not a fan.

Hootie and the Blowfish..c'mon.
John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band...bands that play actual music.

And it is niche, but I am a fan of PHish.

My question...why not put Macklemore and Lewis, or FUN on this list...or just about any mainstream pop act out today (looking at you Miley Cyrus)...I guess to classify as a band to hate you actually have to play music.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

No mention of the Eagles?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Other than Phish...who isn't really my cup of tea...I tend to agree with most of these. All bands have fans or no one would know about them and no one would 'hate' them for it but for me this is actually a pretty decent list. My list would be different but she's not way off base on most of these...IMHO
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
My question...why not put Macklemore and Lewis, or FUN on this list...or just about any mainstream pop act out today (looking at you Miley Cyrus)...I guess to classify as a band to hate you actually have to play music.
I'll punch someone if they put Fun. on the radio at a party. I sincerely hate that "band," and the pompous douchebag who sings in it. That "song" he "sang" with Pink should be played to end hostage situations.

Insane Clown Posse absolutely qualifies, though. And if you're a jugaloo, you're an idiot.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
Other than Phish...who isn't really my cup of tea...I tend to agree with most of these. All bands have fans or no one would know about them and no one would 'hate' them for it but for me this is actually a pretty decent list. My list would be different but she's not way off base on most of these...IMHO
Agreed. The only one I didn't really "get" was Linkin Park in the dishonorable mentions. I've never heard anyone talk about hating them...or really talking about them at all, actually.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I'll punch someone if they put Fun. on the radio at a party. I sincerely hate that "band," and the pompous douchebag who sings in it. That "song" he "sang" with Pink should be played to end hostage situations.

Insane Clown Posse absolutely qualifies, though. And if you're a jugaloo, you're an idiot.

You sound like you might have anger issues.

Just sayin.

And no, I'm not a fan of the bands in your post.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #11
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

I don't like Dave Matthews, but hard to believe he'd be on a list like that. But most of those bands do blow.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #12
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
You sound like you might have anger issues.

Just sayin.

And no, I'm not a fan of the bands in your post.
Did I miss a memo where we collectively decided that hyperbole on the internet isn't OK?
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I'm actually ok with the list - pretty accurate in my opinion.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #14
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 1044445445
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Did I miss a memo where we collectively decided that hyperbole on the internet isn't OK?
I've told you a million times not to use hyperbole on the internet
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #15
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

"Prachi Gupta is an Assistant News Editor for Salon, focusing on pop culture. She was recently dumped by a guy that listened to all the bands above. Follow her on Twitter at @prachigu or email her at pgupta@salon.com"

I think they've edited it to remove the second sentence now...
Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I have to pretty much agree with the list.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #17
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

TS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:

1000% agree with the Pink/Fun duet. Like nails on a chalkboard.

TS-45 Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
No mention of the Eagles?
Dude? Is that you, Lebowski?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #19
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

TS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPitTS-45 Gamecock rules the CockPit

May get flamed but I don't care.

Why isn't U2 on this list?

TS-45 Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #20
taylorssc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Don't take it personally. Misinterpreting people and being judgemental are kind of his thing.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote