CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Acockolypse Now
MACXIMVS
b381l
uscjeremynca
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
Spurticus
Lonnie
auslander
Blake McClain (1176)
What ever happened t (1027)
Fall Camp. (604)
The Believer - Spurr (447)
Clowney's Madden Rat (345)
This is why I gave u (324)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (297)
Daily Dose of Food P (275)
2016 - B.J. Emmons (267)
Ebola Outbreak (231)
Backup QB competition
Green and Lammons
Tupelo Honey Cafe
2014-15 Premier League se
2014 Preseason USA Today/
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
2015 Commitment - A.J. Tu
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Zack Bailey
Hello Gamecocks!

Old 03-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default irritated

Got woke up by knocks on the door at 7 AM. It was police and somebody had gone through my truck and car. I had left them both unlocked. Thankfully nothing was in them worth anything. Nothing was missing but maybe a random tool here or there because I was working on my truck last night. I had driven my wife's car yesterday because I was having issues with my truck. Everything of value was in her car in the garage. The other car hadn't been driven in months and is a POS taurus wagon that I was given to drive when my transmission went out a couple of years ago. So there was nothing in it. So lucky nothing taken but pissed off someone went through my crap.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
jccgogamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 475
jccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his claws
Default Re: irritated

Sorry to hear about that. I hate a theif. I had a shotgun stolen out of my truck a couple of years ago that still hasnt turned up. Good thing you didnt lose much.
jccgogamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks View Post
Sorry to hear about that. I hate a theif. I had a shotgun stolen out of my truck a couple of years ago that still hasnt turned up. Good thing you didnt lose much.
Thanks I really rarely leave anything in my truck anymore because someone went through it years ago when I lived in Columbia. Kids looking for money then and now I assume. That time I got in my truck and new something was off but couldn't place it. Was half way to work and reached for a cigarette and realized they were gone. They took about $30 in change and 3 packs of cigarettes and my coat then. Hate a theif
Old 03-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
jccgogamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 475
jccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his claws

Man, the ciggs woulda pissed me off more than the change. Can't stand someone who'll take something no matter how small or insignificant.
jccgogamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Cops did it

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

You better make sure the police didn't plant any crack cocaine in your truck
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #7
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
You better make sure the police didn't plant any crack cocaine in your truck
live in lexington (the red bank area) would probably be meth
Old 03-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
SolidifieD
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 495
SolidifieD has feathers coming inSolidifieD has feathers coming inSolidifieD has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to SolidifieD Send a message via Yahoo to SolidifieD

Had my car stolen from in front of my apt complex a little over a month ago. Woke up one morning and it was gone. Had a spare key I'd used a few days ago in the console, and apparently I left a door unlocked. Guy got lucky.. got my car back a few days later though. Police found it a couple towns over after some crackhead got pulled over for not using a turn signal. Lost my stereo and a few other pieces of audio equipment, just thankful to have gotten my car back. It's a bad feeling knowing someone has violated your property and just rambled thru your stuff though.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #9
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

I live in a very crime free area and I always lock my house and cars
Old 03-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

First off, getting woken up by the cops on a Saturday just sets the tone for a crap sandwich of a day.

Second, lock your stuff. I'm lucky that when I have forgotten to lock my car, nothing got taken...except when some punk got caught going through cars and stealing cigarettes and spare change. he got caught, and his mom was trying to defend it. "Oh..it's just cigarettes, nothing important.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Who notified the police of the break in? You were sleeping, so...?
Old 03-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Who notified the police of the break in? You were sleeping, so...?
I don't know I forgot to ask honestly. Have been outside multiple times today and nobody has said a word. I do have cop that lives two doors down and another around the corner. One of them could have called it in. I saw the cops I talked to and two others cruising through the neighborhood. I have no ideas if there were other victims
Old 03-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

If you don't lock your doors you're asking for it.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #14
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
If you don't lock your doors you're asking for it.
Yeah ok. Allowing it to happen and asking for it are two different things.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
First off, getting woken up by the cops on a Saturday just sets the tone for a crap sandwich of a day.

Second, lock your stuff. I'm lucky that when I have forgotten to lock my car, nothing got taken...except when some punk got caught going through cars and stealing cigarettes and spare change. he got caught, and his mom was trying to defend it. "Oh..it's just cigarettes, nothing important.
That's the same mom that would sue you if their son got injured/killed trying to steal something from you.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I know what you mean. I hady car broken into years ago.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #17
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

my father had just got a new 3 ton floor jack to aid him in some work he was doing in the backyard on his car. he stopped working on it as it got dark and left it underneath the car overnight, next morning its gone. worse thing his new next door neighbor had just approached him a couple days before asking him if he wanted to buy a 19 inch tv and when he said no, the guy responds with im trying to give you a deal because i can get more than that from a pawn shop. needless to say he's heated and was half contemplating electrifying his fence.

thieves are the worst and like you said even if you dont lose anything of value, you still feel violated.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:18 AM   #18
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Thanks I really rarely leave anything in my truck anymore because someone went through it years ago when I lived in Columbia. Kids looking for money then and now I assume. That time I got in my truck and new something was off but couldn't place it. Was half way to work and reached for a cigarette and realized they were gone. They took about $30 in change and 3 packs of cigarettes and my coat then. Hate a theif

Have to ask about this...$30? Really? At best, that would be 120 coins. All quarters. Do you store your change in the glove box? Truck bed?
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:40 AM   #19
scfanz
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

My car was broken in to about seven years ago. It was in my driveway also. Thieves have to be one of the lowest scum on earth.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #20
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

My car was broken into in Five Points a few years ago (in the Harper's parking lot of all places, WTF) and my CD player was ripped out. I had gotten a new job that afternoon, so I had a ton of paperwork sitting in my glove box, like a copy of my social security card and a few other things. They didn't even bother with the important stuff and jacked the head unit, which they probably didn't get more than $150 for. Definitely dodged a bullet there, but yeah, I was still weirded out that people had that opportunity.