CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
eightohhthree
DTGCOCKS#32
Cockypantherfan
MWard
Acockolypse Now
B-G
Winston (5044)
ESPN reporter adding (3102)
SOS: No QB controve (2122)
In light of our matc (1322)
How we won the UGA g (1293)
Just read this. (1254)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (1134)
If we keep winning a (676)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Neat statistic bruhh (554)
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
Football Playoff
Vandy Fans
Winston
Greg Hardy deactivated by
The SEC East schedule fro
uniforms saturday
Waldrop injured
2014-15 Premier League se
How we won the UGA game:

Old 03-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

CockyCash: 1225
RebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his comb
Default Uniform thread haters beware

Hey guys, so I know uniform threads are generally hated but I for one love uniform discussion. Since it's the offseason and all, I thought of a cool idea for our football uniforms. First let me preface by saying I love our uniforms now. Under armour really did a good job finally giving us a good uniform for our football team in my opinion. I was just thinking how cool it would be to change the font on the uniforms to the cursive font I've seen around the board some. I think that would be a really classy addition to our uniforms that would set them apart from other similar under armour uniforms. I realize that the new font is supposedly our standardized font but I gotta say I would like to see the cursive carolina rather than the font we have now. Of course I could be crazy but it at least looks cool in my head. Some other things I'd like to see, although I don't want to beat a dead horse, is the addition of garnet helmets and black jersey's to our uniform rotation. I know most people my age love that stuff, which means recruits would likely like to see some of that as well. What are some other cool ideas yall would like to see change on our uniforms?

something like this http://s21.photobucket.com/user/SCHe...cript.jpg.html
Old 03-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Uniform thread haters beware

Thumbs down.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

Nah, looks too much like Ole Miss uniforms.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

Oh, I just noticed your username.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

RebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
Oh, I just noticed your username.
Actually that's a reference to Byrnes high school! I didn't think of ole miss, although I personally like those. I didn't know if it would be well received or not honestly but thought it would be interesting to see other ideas.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

I used to like the lightning bolt shirts some of our guys would wear under their uniforms. Then they started wearing the blue camo, which I didn't like. Now we wear neither. I wonder why we stopped wearing that stuff? I think it may have been a jinx. We've been a lot better since we stopped wearing it.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

thumbs down
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

I love the Carolina script, but I don't think it would look right with the crispness of the bars on the football uniform. It looks great on the baseball uniforms though.

I'm with you on the garnet/black helmet option and the black uni.

GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
I love the Carolina script, but I don't think it would look right with the crispness of the bars on the football uniform. It looks great on the baseball uniforms though.

I'm with you on the garnet/black helmet option and the black uni.

That's actually what got me thinking about it, the baseball team looks great.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #10
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Yeah I think football is better suited (har!) with the block letters spread all the way across. You'd have to make the script a lot smaller to make it fit properly, I would think.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #11
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

(Insert obligatory comment about wearing pink tutus as long as we win.)
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #12
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
(Insert obligatory comment about wearing pink tutus as long as we win.)
that was why i put the warning in the title.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #13
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

No thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 PM   #14
jellafever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

what about the JoMo script on some basketball jerseys?
jellafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 AM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We need chrome helmets first.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #16
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Ew

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:31 AM   #17
GamecockInPA
1 star but overrated

Male

GamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his combGamecockInPA is developing his comb

Follow @Gamecockology on twitter; there've been a bunch of uniform design posts recently to keep you busy all summer.
GamecockInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #18
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I'll pass, but take George Goebel to block.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #19
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

As much as I love the Joe Morrison script, I don't think it would look good on our helmets. I'm personally not a fan of Ole Miss and Florida's use of script on their helmets. It feels dated to me, and like others have said, it would be difficult to read. Maybe as a one-off for a special uniform at some point would be cool.

I would, however, like to see the JoeMo script on more 'retro' t-shirts and hats and what not. I think that it's a classic Carolina logo that needs to be used more often.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #20
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

The Classic look or cursive text wouldn't mix with the modernized look of our uniforms... If you mix those two, it just gets tacky.

Just my opinion though